Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ULMO BLADES / Ebenholz Off-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
UlmoGerman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ULMO BLADES / Ebenholz Off-
    Posted: 10/12/2010 at 3:08pm
Hello,

I want to post someting about my first new Blade - the ULMO-Ebenholz

I also working on my new homepage - you can see the blade her:

ULMO-Ebenholz

Best Regards

uli
ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

her i play tt at the 2. team:
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2010 at 3:11pm
more pics at

http://ulmo-blades-tischtennis.foren-city.de/topic,126,-testangebot-ulmo-ebenholz-off.html#430

uli
ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2010 at 5:52am
I notice the the Ebenholz is the same thickness as the Abachi Spin+; i.e. 6.2 mm. 

1) Are the outer plies of the Ebenholz the same thickness, as the Abachi Spin outer plies?

2) Do both blades share the same construction for the inner plies too?

The reason for asking is I like playing with the Abachi Spin, as it's a good blade.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2010 at 12:32pm
Hi Peter,

1) Yes - both are 0.6..0.7mm

2) No - the core is differnt!

If you like the Abachi Spin - send me a PM! I will take a look if i have some more in my stock. Also i can make new one - but then i need some time - i must look if i have the right layers ;-)

Also i have byed new machines to make the blades faster and with better quality - i have build one hydraulic press and also a cnc-milling machine

Best regards

uli

ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

Kryptoianer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kryptoianer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2010 at 2:07pm
Yesterday I received my "Ulmo Ebenholz" testing-blade and can share some first impression after my first training session.

-this blade IS beautiful :)

-it has great feeling and control on blocks and smashes due to the hard outer plies.
 Blocking with long pimples without Sponge (Grass D´Tecs) felt great. If you can control this rubber you 
 will have loads of fun in combination with this blade. The blocks are fast and very dangerous. 

-on very soft topspins you have really nice control but in terms of spin there are better blades (like Abachi Spin). If you swing a little harder the blade feels much less stiff and hard which makes it feel more dynamic. You really get some nice Spin and Speed if you swing just a little harder and I love the feeling on this strokes.

After I tested the "Ebenholz" some more I will post a more detailed report.
I hope my english is fine and you understand what I try to explain ;)

-in defense I had very good control and nice spin with inverted rubbers but combined with Joola Octopus the feeling was not that good, the combination was to fast and I couldn´t generate as much spin. But combinating a hard sponged pimple with hard outer plies isn´t a good idea anyways. I am sure a Feint Long 3 will perform pretty good on that blade (I will try that out and tell you ;)).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 3:55am
Thanks for your test report

on the german forum TT-News you can find a secont testreport from Noppen-Jedi - but only in german Embarrassed

Best regards Uli
ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2010 at 11:48am
Many blade makers show interest in this Ebenholz blade ,has me thinking that there must be something Stiga missed that they have not and intend to capitalize on , likewise few more members at my club have taken up these blades as well as world class players, Have I missed something

The other manufacturer offers a different world class type Ebenholz blade  here are the specks

BLADE

TYPE

WEIGHT

THICKNESS

SPEED

CONTROL 

GRIP  

7  ชั้น

OFF 

95  g

6.3  mm.

CO

Your Reputation as a great blade manufacturer is unquestioned
Out of respect for your thread I will not share more of this info here,because in principle this will not be the correct thing to do .

Edited by chris.b40 - 10/17/2010 at 11:50am
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2010 at 12:32pm
Uli,
do you have pictures of your different handle sytles?
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 6:49am
ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 6:58am
ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 7:00am

The Ebony is Markassa Ebony

The Handle is a light kind of wood that the blade wight 85-90g

Uli

ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 5:21pm
Nice blade 
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2010 at 8:04pm
Thanks. I assume the first picture is of a flared version handle?
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2010 at 1:46am

yes - the handle is FL

Best Regards Uli

ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2010 at 7:26pm
This is such a beautiful blade .I am tempted, is there any more feedback about this blade ,I have an interest.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 7:24am

ther are a few testreports - but the most only in german. At the moment i have a blade for testing in Australia - i think he will post a report at the next week

best regards uli

ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2010 at 7:38am
I would truly like to test this blade if possible ,I have played with Stiga's Ebenholz and did not like it,it was not for me as seen in my reviews on Ebenholz.
What interests me is the weight,I keep wondering if Stiga's blade was too light and lacked the crisp feeling and power of HK 655 whereas your blade is heavier and may compensate .

I look forward to the review from Australia.

Edited by chris.b40 - 11/12/2010 at 7:39am
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2011 at 7:25pm

My Ebenholz weighs 90 grams and the handle is solid, straight and very comfortable. The Ulmo badge is slightly recessed into the chamfer; where you put your thumb and I found that to be asset, as it sits just right, in the hand.

Thanks to the solid handle, the blade has a good balance to it and it doesn't feel head heavy with Chinese rubbers.

It's a 6.2mm thick blade and built to a good standard.

On slow shots, it feels like a stiff blade; whereas when you play more powerful shots, the blade becomes more dynamic in feel; which I felt was a benefit for smashes and power loops.

I liked the way the blade matched up with Chinese rubbers; like a Globe 999 topsheet, on a 2.2mm 42% Dawei Quattro sponge and red 2.15mm 39% H3 Neo.

The only tensor I've used on the blade so far, is 2mm Blitz. I liked it's performance on backhand loops and drives; however I feel I'd need more time to fully adjust to it on the forehand. 

Although I've only had the Ebenholz for about six weeks, I have enjoyed playing with it and it will be getting more playing time over the summer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 2:18pm
her are some pics with a bigger anatomic handle. a coustomer have big hands and so i make this handle 12mm longer and 1mm wider

best regads uli
ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 6:54pm
Over the last three weeks, two of my clubmates have played with my 90 gram Ebenholz Offensive minus; set up with 2.2mm H2 on the forehand and 2.2mm H3 on the backhand.  Both clubmates admitted they really liked the bat and mentioned they'd like an Ebenholz too.

So last week, I ordered two more Ebenholz's from UlmoGerman and they are arrived in a parcel today; which also included with an Ulmo Rosewood Carbon for me test out.

I'll be writing a review of the new Ebenholz; but until I do here are some pictures of the Rosewood Carbon and Ebenholz blades.

Rosewood Carbon and Ebenholz front
Rosewood Carbon and Ebenholz backs

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 5:53pm
Really nice looking blades!!!!
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 5:56pm
At 95 grams a bit hefty.
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2011 at 3:21am
You have always some differnt by using wood. This layer is a litle big hevy - i think the next one will be arround 90g.

Best regards Uli
ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2011 at 1:19pm
What about your 8.0 OFF+ that you will coming out with this year. When this year???
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2011 at 6:31am
The 8.0, 6.0 and 4.0 will be finished at the 04.07.2011

best regards Uli
ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2011 at 1:25pm
Is it possible to get the Ebenholz with a squarish ST handle?
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2011 at 3:10am
yes - thats no problem! Wink

uli
ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2011 at 8:32pm
The first Ulmo Ebenholz I bought weighs 90 gram and is 6.2mm thick blade, with the logo on the chamfer. It has a 156 x 149mm blade face and was well balanced.

Initially I tried various rubbers on it and found I really like it's performance with Chinese rubbers, like standard H2 and H3. So when two club mates tried it; I wasn't surprised when they said they liked it and wanted one too.

As such, I ordered two new Ebenholz's. When they arrived in the post, on the 8th June; I was surprised to see that Uli had revised the Ebenholz's design, in certain ways and improved the overall build quality too.

Old version left and new version right

1) The Ulmo logo has been moved off the chamfer and towards the back of the handle. (see picture above)

That struck me as a sensible option, as it simplifies the production of the handle pieces.

2) The new Ebenholz is a thinner blade than the original; being around 5.5mm thick and the blade face is slightly longer too.

3) Due to the change in blade thickness, the handle is thinner as a result too; but still comfortable in the hand.

Performance :

Rubber choices: 2.2mm 39% standard H2 and H3; 2.15mm 39% H3 Neo, 2.15mm 39% H2 Neo, 2.15mm 39% TG3 Neo; 2mm Blitz; 2mm 47.5% Macro Era and 2.2mm Yasaka Zap Ma Lin forehand.

As you would expect; the changes made to this blade's design, have resulted in the new version playing slightly differently, compared to the original.

Original 6.2mm Ebenholz :

1. Good for power looping with Chinese rubbers and it is well matched with H2 and H3. H3 Neo also worked on this blade.
  2. 2mm Palio Blitz worked on the blade; but I didn't think it was as good a match on this blade; as it is on the newer 5.5mm Ebenholz.
  3. There is good spin on loops and serves.
  4. I liked the way this blade responded when you power looped, smashed or flat hit.
  5. Being a thicker blade; it is faster, albeit not by much and it's got a longer throw when looping, with Chinese rubbers.
  6. The blade has a little less dwell time, than the newer 5.5mm Ebenholz and I don't feel you can get as much spin on slower loops.
  7. It is better at smashing and blocking because of the extra thickness.
  8. The rebound on slow shots makes it easy to control in the short game.

Newer 5.5mm Ebenholz;

1. Works just as well with H2 for looping, as the original; however, I noticed it's got better dwell time and that made it easier to add sidespin on forehand loops. Mixing up topspin and topspin/sidespin loops proved an effective tactic with this blade.
  2. It has a shorter length throw than the original Ebenholz.
  3. I was disappointed with red H2 Neo initially, on the blade; as the sheet felt a bit dead and it was harder to smash or flat hit with, than red H2. It took about 7-8 hours to play the rubber in, before it started to liven up. Even so, I still prefer H2, over H2 Neo on the newer Ebenholz.
  4. At present, I have 2mm Blitz on both sides of the blade and I like this combination, better than with the Neo rubbers. I prefer it's performance away from the table with Blitz, than Chinese rubbers too.
  5. I felt it was good for controlled blocking with H2 and with Blitz, you could punch block with speed; as well, which is a useful weapon. Surprisingly I didn't feel it blocked as well with H2 Neo, as it did with H3 Neo or H2. 
  6. This blade has good control, which comes in useful in the sort game.
  7. It is good for blocking and I can vary my blocks in speed and placement too.
Of the two blades, I prefer the newer 5.5mm Ebenholz, as it just feels like a better blade.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UlmoGerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 3:18am
Hi Peter,

can you post your Testreport for the new Rosewood Off Blade in a new tread???

I have tested the blade with a D-Tech at the BS and a 2,0 Nimbus. The TS is a litle bit to fast for my style. I will try some chinees rubbers. I think i will get more spin to the service and my soot will be better. I think i will get more control for the shoot.

The BS with the D-Tech works muce better then i expect! The Block against fast TS at the table is verry difficult - but the defense behind the table working well, to push against backspin and also attacking with the pips working realy good. I think i will use this blade with a diffent FS at the next time Tongue

best regards Uli
ULMO-BLADES Tischtennis

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 5:34am
Uli

No problem; I'll set up a new thread, for the review of the Rosewood Carbon.

I suggest you try Chinese rubbers like 2.2mm red H2 and 2.15mm red 39% H2 Neo on the Rosewood Carbon; as both worked well on the forehand. If you find them too low throw; then H3 Neo is worth considering.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic