FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

"Black Power" weird behavior?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Black Power" weird behavior?
    Posted: 10/14/2010 at 5:50pm
its a 3 week old rubber... and i had been playing only second day and it scrwed up big time. 

it is behaving weird. it asks you are you going to 'pure loop' or you are going to 'pure hit'. If you say something inbetween...like a drive... it just refuses to cooperate !!!!

- you can still do execellant flat hits but if you have slightest upward movement the ball goes to net.

- you can still go for spinny fast loops.... but you have to swing a huuuuge upward movement and then the ball with start rotating .... or else it will hit the net or fly off !!

is it just me? i doubt....

...because i played with NEO h3 right after that and i could loop slow medium high everything!!
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Sponsored Links

tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2010 at 6:13pm
temperature?
put it away, some unknown pressure in the sponge has gone probably and now you can use that rubber as antislip flooring in your bathroom.
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2010 at 6:29pm
well nothing of that sort... temp is pretty stable... and so is moisture... ...

but i found some others also complained the same thing in this forum. 

more so the neo h3 was 3 months old... and was in same temperature pressure humidity latitude longitude!!

vid1
Vid 2
skstv2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skstv2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2010 at 6:55pm
The Black Power I have seems to be perfectly fine :P
Neo TG3 + Ebonholz V ST + Sriver G3
flyingmachine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2010 at 7:02pm
not sure if my problem is related to yours, but it seems my BH black power is starting to develop distinct zones on the rubber.  Closer to the edges, the ball will sink into the rubber more making it real lively.  Toward the middle, it's feels harder and I have to really smash into the ball to get it to bite.  Totally different sound and behavior.  Used this rubber for about a months of club play, but started to discover this recently after being on my robot blade for another month.  During that first month of usage, the sheet felt consistently lively regardless where I hit on it. 
Ma Lin Soft Carbon: FH: H3 NEO, BH: Red Diamond

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38328&PID=471847#471847
davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2010 at 8:34pm
inconsistant brand and the sponge tears up really badly in my experience. Some of the sheets were pretty good on my drives, but most of them seemed to slide and squeak straight across the rubber on my full power loop drives.
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2010 at 8:49pm
Personally, I've only had that issue on 1/5 sheets... Said bad sheet also started playing a lot better with a blade change.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 12:36am
hmph... ! i dont know i feel like a jackass!!!

but at the same time i cant deny my experience because under same condition i played with the neo and i could loop everything that the higher rated opponent threw at my...
vid1
Vid 2
rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 12:50am
BP took a while to get used to, in my experience. In the three months I've used it exclusively, I've noticed my consistency in looping is increasing...seeing as how my overall game is pretty stagnant, maybe it's the getting grooved into the rubber?
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 2:26am
Originally posted by davidzou davidzou wrote:

inconsistant brand and the sponge tears up really badly in my experience. Some of the sheets were pretty good on my drives, but most of them seemed to slide and squeak straight across the rubber on my full power loop drives.

Needs a RED sponge... I think! That would fix everything!
Wink

btw; I've a sheet but have yet to try it.
Liking my Tackifire-C Soft w a y too much to consider another.

Edited by Heimdallalso - 10/15/2010 at 2:26am
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 6:28am
Try to re-glue the BP. Just take it off the blade and glue them back.. Sometimes it works..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 8:58am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

its a 3 week old rubber... and i had been playing only second day and it scrwed up big time. 

it is behaving weird. it asks you are you going to 'pure loop' or you are going to 'pure hit'. If you say something inbetween...like a drive... it just refuses to cooperate !!!!

- you can still do execellant flat hits but if you have slightest upward movement the ball goes to net.

- you can still go for spinny fast loops.... but you have to swing a huuuuge upward movement and then the ball with start rotating .... or else it will hit the net or fly off !!

...because i played with NEO h3 right after that and i could loop slow medium high everything!!

well I had the same experience with Black Power Golden Cake Sponge. I don't like it at all.

friendship View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

Liking my Tackifire-C Soft w a y too much to consider another.

say...this should be one of spinniest rubber made...correct?

how does it behave in countering, sensitivity to incoming spin?
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 10:51am
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Try to re-glue the BP. Just take it off the blade and glue them back.. Sometimes it works..

As I learn proper water based glue technique, I am getting better at knowing when I did a "bad glue job".

Uneven adhesion made my Donic S3 play awful one night (some spots livelier than others). Removing the glue and regluing it fixed it up correctly.

Never had these adhesion issues with rubber cement; had different ones, where the rubber would get stretched too little or too much.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 11:32am
Debraj, is it possible that you used rubber glue on it? It could have penetrated the sponge in a non-uniform manner.

Reglue it with a thin layer of water-based glue.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Debraj, is it possible that you used rubber glue on it? It could have penetrated the sponge in a non-uniform manner.

no Jim, ... its not possible that any member who has been in this forum for even one fourth as long as I had been Cry , can inadvertently use rubber cement and not know about it.

the only piece of equipment that i haven't changed in last 3.5 years is diluted Tearmender . it is truely gold standard in voc free table tennis era. 
vid1
Vid 2
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 2:23pm
You better send me the black power so I can test it out and see if it's all in your mind or not :)
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 3:30pm

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

no Jim, ... its not possible that any member who has been in this forum for even one fourth as long as I had been Cry , can inadvertently use rubber cement and not know about it.

the only piece of equipment that i haven't changed in last 3.5 years is diluted Tearmender . it is truely gold standard in voc free table tennis era. 

Oh, cmon... everything is possible while we are moving closer and closer to senility Wink

But I got you. What do you use to dilute the Tearmender, by the way?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 3:53pm
you are right... could have been age induced dimensia.

to dilute i use  a Chlorinated solution of H2O

..... tap water!!

Edited by debraj - 10/15/2010 at 3:53pm
vid1
Vid 2
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 4:31pm

wait a minute--this is some cheap piece of chinese rubber and you're wondering why it's gone "belly up" after 3 wks??

this has happened to me a few times which is why i don't bother with chinese rubber.  go take a look at that thread on chinese "counterfeits."

just spend the extra money and go get a piece of good rubber and, if you take care of it, it'll last longer than the chinese crap and, in the end, you'll save yourself a little money and a whole lot of heartache!!
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

wait a minute--this is some cheap piece of chinese rubber and you're wondering why it's gone "belly up" after 3 wks??

this has happened to me a few times which is why i don't bother with chinese rubber.  go take a look at that thread on chinese "counterfeits."

just spend the extra money and go get a piece of good rubber and, if you take care of it, it'll last longer than the chinese crap and, in the end, you'll save yourself a little money and a whole lot of heartache!!

takataki ... i am amazed by your generic deductions without 'being in touch' with what's going on in TT equipment market.

1. Tom at zeropong is the owner of the brand gambler, and us distriobutor of 729 products in US. Doesn't really sound counterfeit-ish right? 

2. ritc 729 friendship is the second largest producer of TT rubbers by volume, after DHS. oops!!

3. A $5 729 lightning rubber lasts about 50 times more than some $50 2rd genration esn tensor  like  Andro Plasma series. even 3G  tensors lasted about 2 weeks... and many 4G tensors still suffer spin and speed loss after 3-4 weeks.

4. Its only modern glue effect rubbers starting from outlaw, where 729 started having durability problem. 

So even through I am upset with the non-linearity of 'black power',  i cannot join you making sweeping deductions, extrapolating 1 experience and flowing with the fact-less rumor mill. 

729 has many viable products ... black power could well not be one of them.

vid1
Vid 2
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2010 at 11:36pm
Black power is a great rubber but you can always get a dud one or it just not suit your game. But it is one of the best Chinese tacky rubbers. Well maybe mostly Red Diamond is but they both have good sponges
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 3:19am
I have no complaint abt blk power sponge ...its awesome...clicks very very loud almost feels like bare blade.

I am just thinking cud it be topsheet?

And only thing i recalll to have done is cleaning the topsheet with tibhar foam cleaner. Cud it be that?   I will figure out tomorrow as i play neo h3 side by side with bp.... without any cleaning or anything.
vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic