FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Why IS Tenergy different?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 11:41am
is a butterfly marketing thread???

trying to win back all those noobies who claim they're never gonna use butterfly again??
Sponsored Links

davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 11:45am
lol something like that i guess. But i DO admit tenergy is on a different level of rubber compared to everything ive ever touched. Tenergy 05 is just an amazingly safe and fast rubber when you swing confidently and T64 is just retardedly fast and aggressive.
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 11:47am
Hmm, anything else is as fast as T64? 
:: EJ level 1 ::
davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 11:57am
not that ive felt in my experience. Lots of rubber can come close to T64's regular speed. But it just feels like the rubber never bottoms out at all so its an endless pit of power. I find that when i use a full power backhand smash i actually lose sight of the ball myself.
Krantz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krantz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 12:02pm
Chinese dont use Tenergy because their rubbers are superior if you manage to subdue them. Tenergy probably IS the easiest rubber to use for a reasonably strong play. 
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

speed at which the go back to normal when pressure has been applied...the faster is not necessarily the best for speed.
What?   The rubber can only apply force to accelerate the ball as long as it expands fast enough to maintain contact with the ball.
petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 2:20pm
+1

Originally posted by Krantz Krantz wrote:

Chinese dont use Tenergy because their rubbers are superior if you manage to subdue them. Tenergy probably IS the easiest rubber to use for a reasonably strong play. 
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by hungga hungga wrote:

It depends what sp/glue or booster you use, but with inert glue, IMO, NO.
The Older I get, The better I was.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

speed at which the go back to normal when pressure has been applied...the faster is not necessarily the best for speed.
What?   The rubber can only apply force to accelerate the ball as long as it expands fast enough to maintain contact with the ball.

I meant that I give more importance to the harmony between 1)the degree of "spring back" of the sponge and 2)the blade.

If spring back is too strong compared to speed  and flex of the blade then some control will be lost.

For example, I would not understand Tenergy 05 2.1 on a light 79 grams Violin. I would probably find wonderful to play with T05 1.9 on a 91 grams Violin.

I confess that I am touching the limits of my comprehension of blade/rubber combinations here...I will eventually write a lot of untrue things if I keep going...BEWARE!

petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 4:30pm

Unglued Platin X1 is quite a bit faster.

Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 5:10pm

Calibra LT substantially faster.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 5:35pm
Maybe I should have said fast with spin, I find there is a trade off unless speed glue is used, but I have to admit to not trying any of the last two rubbers commented on.
The Older I get, The better I was.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 6:55pm
You'll have to get hold of someones Calibra APW and have a whirl, because I can get plenty speed AND spin. Even Fred occasionally pulls the odd one out which I struggle to get over the top of.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2010 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by petermoo petermoo wrote:

+1

Originally posted by Krantz Krantz wrote:

Back when I reviewed tenergy, After being used to Hurricane 3 speedglue, BW2 without speedglue- Then bought T05 and T64, I sold them both off after a week.

T05 was just tooooo easy to use, I felt like it did all the work for me. On top of the fact that it felt like mashed potatoes, I would make a bad shot and it would still be a decent shot. I didn't like it, I felt like I was cheating the ball.

With Chinese rubber- I need to make a good shot to make a good shot. The tacky surface makes it really good for tight balls, and the ball kicks lower than with japanese rubber when looping.
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2010 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Calibra LT substantially faster.

Stiga Calibra LT and Donic Platin X1 eh? Yea I must admit that I hardly want anything else beside T64 but it has come to a point where I couldn't afford it anymore. 
:: EJ level 1 ::
cougar3219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cougar3219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2010 at 4:38am
Try Joola Experss Two, and leave all your worries behind.
Blade: Timo Boll Spirit (st)

FH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda Big Slam

Blade: Stratus Power Wood (an)

FH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2010 at 5:21am
I also think Hexer plays a bit like T64.  It's obviously not identical but it would be an easy transition.
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2010 at 2:03pm
I think Tenergy is so different because it's not designed like other post speed glue era rubbers. The topsheet isn't very tacky/grippy for starters. That is the biggest complaint I have had about the new generation rubbers the grippy topsheets. It's hard to get touch shots (for me anyway) and variation in my loops with those in between chinese/euro rubbers. Also the sponge does seem different too, what other companies have a porous sponge on their rubbers like Tenergy?
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2010 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by bull_harrier bull_harrier wrote:

Also the sponge does seem different too, what other companies have a porous sponge on their rubbers like Tenergy?

Quite a few nowadays, but they don't play the same way.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2010 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Back when I reviewed tenergy, After being used to Hurricane 3 speedglue, BW2 without speedglue- Then bought T05 and T64, I sold them both off after a week.

T05 was just tooooo easy to use, I felt like it did all the work for me. On top of the fact that it felt like mashed potatoes, I would make a bad shot and it would still be a decent shot. I didn't like it, I felt like I was cheating the ball.

With Chinese rubber- I need to make a good shot to make a good shot. The tacky surface makes it really good for tight balls, and the ball kicks lower than with japanese rubber when looping.

That's exactly how I feel about it, it's soooo easy. So easy that I think if you used Tenergy all the time you would never want or mentally be able to use another rubber again. For me that means keeping with Chinese rubbers until I feel like I can't improve anymore. It's soothing to know at any time in the future I can buy two sheets of tenergy and within 10 seconds go up a level of play because I just wont miss the ball anywhere near as often, but it's also soothing to know I'm not addicted to such an expensive habbit :)
shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2010 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Re1Mu2R3 Re1Mu2R3 wrote:

Originally posted by smiths9312 smiths9312 wrote:

They use the horns from dead unicorns.

Lol lol lol!! And unicorn blood for red dye... Wink
Actually, it is Godzilla, not unicorn.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 11:11am
You can continue to ignore my comments about the Jelly Effect.

Boost TS has it a little bit, and maybe some of the tensors have it, but who else has it to the degree that tenergy does?

IMHO - Tenergy's difference is all about the Jelly Effect.

It makes some whip for you.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 11:24am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

You can continue to ignore my comments about the Jelly Effect.

IMHO - Tenergy's difference is all about the Jelly Effect.
I don't like the term Jelly Effect.  It sounds uncontrolled.

It makes some whip for you.
The Whip Effect is better although tangential stretching or springing may be better.
When I was young I had a toy paddle with a rubber band like string attached to the ball.   The ball could move much faster than what I could move the paddle because of the springing.

Push a ball into T05 and then try to drag it across the rubber.  You will see the rubber stretch tangentially across the face of the paddle for a few mm.  It is the springing back that gives it its spin.

I have been thinking about how this applies to LP rubber where the pips can flex and whip too.

Edited by pnachtwey - 10/18/2010 at 5:00pm
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 11:31am

When I was you.....
I hope this is a typo and not the first signs of dual personality disorder Wink
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 5:00pm
I was in a hurry and some how I didn't push hard enough on the keys to get the ng on the end of you.  I will fix it.  OK?

mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 7:07pm

I was in a hurry and some how I didn't push hard enough on the keys to get the ng on the end of you.  I will fix it.  OK?

Embarrassed I hope you didn't take my comment too seriously.
Maybe I need to work on my tongue-in-cheek comments. No harm meant...
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 9:46pm
Japanese are perfectionist by nature, and they will dig up to what ever they can to make things perfect.   Tenergy has its advantages and dis-advantages, and not all players are loving it, not because of the price, because price is a preference, its more on the playing style and control. 

I've use T05, 25 and 64 but I found my self comfortable using Donic Baracuda, and my 2nd choice is the T64 or 05.  

For me there is nothing special about it, what matters most is how you play the game and if fits your playing style.
EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 9:50pm
Japanese are perfectionist by nature, its nothing special really, I've use all the Tenergy's from 05 to 64 and the FX's but I always found my self using Donic Baracuda.  For me its not the rubber that counts but whats soots you well on your playing style.  The important thing for me is the control and how you feel the ball.  
Blade: Butterfly Photino and Keyshot light
FH: DONIC Baracuda / Tenergy 64 and 05
BH: 802-40/1 and Raystorm
DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
BH Kokutaku 110 Medium Pip
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

That's exactly how I feel about it, it's soooo easy. So easy that I think if you used Tenergy all the time you would never want or mentally be able to use another rubber again. For me that means keeping with Chinese rubbers until I feel like I can't improve anymore. It's soothing to know at any time in the future I can buy two sheets of tenergy and within 10 seconds go up a level of play because I just wont miss the ball anywhere near as often, but it's also soothing to know I'm not addicted to such an expensive habbit :)

its more easy for me to make a good loop with a baracuda or boost TP than txx
EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2010 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

its more easy for me to make a good loop with a baracuda or boost TP than txx

HEHEHHEE :D again different folks have different strokes :D 

I've use boost TP and TC, they are great rubbers but the only problem is that they drop balls alot, you need to stroke the ball close to perfect.   With the Baracuda its a bit slow but its spiny :D 

I love T05 and T64 I still play with them in some of my matches :D 

Edited by EZRO - 10/18/2010 at 10:45pm
Blade: Butterfly Photino and Keyshot light
FH: DONIC Baracuda / Tenergy 64 and 05
BH: 802-40/1 and Raystorm
DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
BH Kokutaku 110 Medium Pip
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic