Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xiom Zetro Quad Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
128YinYang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2012 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Good week to all; tabletennis11.com has it at $65 a piece; what a bargain!

I contacted them yesterday night and they have it in FL handle at 93,94,95,96 and 97 grams.

I have been going back and forth thinking about that blade and I am now reaching a ridiculous state of non decision making either way. The fact that my Andro is so good and let me play like I want is indeed responsible. I am sure I'll be able to test a XZQ at no cost sometimes in the future so I am not worrying about it now. 

Just lemme know when you want to do the test. Just wait till I get another backup blade first Wink
Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.
Sponsored Links

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 8:57am

Good week to all; tabletennis11.com has it at $65 a piece; what a bargain!

I contacted them yesterday night and they have it in FL handle at 93,94,95,96 and 97 grams.........

That just saved me another questioning mail to tabletennis11.com and $65 + taxes. Thanks Fatt. Owe you a beer Beer.
BTW can someone make a little comparison between ZQ and Strato?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 11:15am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

wow. thats kinda heavy. i was thinking about ordering a second one from them but i think mine is already too heavy at 90 gr. thatnks for posting this.

Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

That just saved me another questioning mail to tabletennis11.com and $65 + taxes. Thanks Fatt. Owe you a beer Beer.
Now I feel bad for tabletennis11; I tried to bring info to the thread and what I get in exchange are public announcements that people won't buy it because that info; since tt11 can easily make the connection between that info and the email they sent me they can see me now as the bad man who drives their sales down.
Now I feel like I owe them an apology and I guess next time I'll keep the info for myself.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 11:39am

Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

wow. thats kinda heavy. i was thinking about ordering a second one from them but i think mine is already too heavy at 90 gr. thatnks for posting this.

Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Now I feel bad for tabletennis11; I tried to bring info to the thread and what I get in exchange are public announcements that people won't buy it because that info; since tt11 can easily make the connection between that info and the email they sent me they can see me now as the bad man who drives their sales down.
Now I feel like I owe them an apology and I guess next time I'll keep the info for myself.

fatt,

I don't think you need to see it that way. 2 people said they wouldn't buy one at the moment because of the available weights. no big deal.

meanwhile, I had no intention of making an order there; but when you mentioned that good price, I browsed around and ending up spending a hundred bucks there
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 11:46am
OK; what did you buy? Big smile
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 11:48am

OK; what did you buy? Big smile

I'll give you a hint, nothing made by Stiga or Butterfly Wink
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 11:50am
ok I'll reveal a couple of the items

a DHS t-shirt so I can noob it up, and 144 neotec balls to stock up newgy with
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 9:20pm
tt11 should be doing fine these days , I guess. Last Friday I had an EJ attack and ordered me a Latika light plus couple of rubbers plus I don't remember what and meanwhile just paid one TSP Campione from iruiru. No peace for me Wacko
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
swampthing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote swampthing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2012 at 9:52pm
My ST handled Zetro is 93 grams.  It was disappointing at first because the whole setup was pretty heavy.  But, after a while I got used to it and it has been serving me quite well.  The combination of touch and speed (gears I guess) is exceptional.
Xiom Zetro Quad: FH: Hexer HD, BH: Hexer HD
Galaxy K-4: Tibhar Nimbus Medium, Palio Blitz
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 1:03am
With EJing? Do you hereby solemnly swear to never more indulge in pointless TT shopping, ever?
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 1:19am

I tried it with two Omega IV Pro and the combination was extremely fast and powerful. A smashing monster indeed.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

With EJing? Do you hereby solemnly swear to never more indulge in pointless TT shopping, ever?
Oh, where are my manners? Forgot to appropriately tag the question with a wink - Wink
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 7:42am
lol after using the ZQ all i am keeping are my OSP Expert, Tenor, MJ, TB ZLC, ZQ and IF ZLF. i might keep my avalox blades as well... less than 10, i think i am cured from the EJ virus for now!
RSM Special Platinum T64
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 8:04am
Originally posted by silva7 silva7 wrote:

lol after using the ZQ all i am keeping are my OSP Expert, Tenor, MJ, TB ZLC, ZQ and IF ZLF. i might keep my avalox blades as well... less than 10, i think i am cured from the EJ virus for now!

Fewer than 10? I'd say you're not entirely cured. Wink The goal is to have 1, and perhaps another 1 that is identical as a backup.

Those blades you're keeping are hugely different, so I can't imagine it does your game any good in the long run to switch between them. Following that logic through, if it doesn't do you any good, why keep them?
T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 8:09am
i only use the MJ and ZQ mainly with similar set ups. the others are just sitting around doing nothing, i just put old rubbers on them and play socially with them.
RSM Special Platinum T64
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 8:31am

i only use the MJ and ZQ mainly with similar set ups. the others are just sitting around doing nothing, i just put old rubbers on them and play socially with them.

You just whack old rubbers on and play socially with a TB ZLC and IF ZLF?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 9:25am
Originally posted by tabten5 tabten5 wrote:

Fewer than 10? I'd say you're not entirely cured. Wink The goal is to have 1, and perhaps another 1 that is identical as a backup.

nah, collecting a handful of good blades is a good thing if it doesn't break your bank
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 9:44am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

nah, collecting a handful of good blades is a good thing if it doesn't break your bank
If you can stop buying, then your are cured.  How many you keep is irrelevant, I think :)

I really like to try the ZQ, but I think the V1Q may fit me more, because of all the blades that I like, the outer ply are of harder wood.  Too bad that in order to get free shipping for V1Q at Tennistable11, I will need to buy something else to hit the 50 Euros mark, and this is no good for my EJing at all.
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 9:53am

A good thing for what? It may be great for one's addictive personality, but it certainly won't improve your table tennis. If people do it simply for the enjoyment of owning lots of blades, as distinct from buying them in order to develop their game, then I see no problem - it's like collecting anything else. They should all be put on display in your man-cave, except the one that best suits your game. That's the one you play with.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 9:53am
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

I really like to try the ZQ, but I think the V1Q may fit me more, because of all the blades that I like, the outer ply are of harder wood.  Too bad that in order to get free shipping for V1Q at Tennistable11, I will need to buy something else to hit the 50 Euros mark, and this is no good for my EJing at all.

funny, 49.92 euros... just grab a pack of balls or something
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 9:55am

A good thing for what? It may be great for one's addictive personality, but it certainly won't improve your table tennis. If people do it simply for the enjoyment of owning lots of blades, as distinct from buying them in order to develop their game, then I see no problem - it's like collecting anything else. They should all be put on display in your man-cave, except the one that best suits your game. That's the one you play with.

oh yes, I simply meant a good thing, mostly for fun.

i occasionally test different blades against my robot, but when i'm playing serious at a club or tournament, it's Expert with tg3neo for me 99% of the time
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 10:20am

Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

funny, 49.92 euros... just grab a pack of balls or something
Can't say that I did not think about that, but the EJ in me says 'grab more', and that's a problem LOL.

BTW - I got a Violin from them a few months ago for 83 Euros (On special sale) hehe!
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 11:22am

You just whack old rubbers on and play socially with a TB ZLC and IF ZLF?

well the TB ZLC is naked at the moment but the ZLF has an old sheet of Vega Pro and Vega Europe on it.
RSM Special Platinum T64
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 11:23am

i occasionally test different blades against my robot, but when i'm playing serious at a club or tournament, it's Expert with tg3neo for me 99% of the time

I'll let you off then.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2012 at 11:37pm

I'll let you off then.

whew.... thanks for the pass oh gracious tabten5
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2012 at 6:47pm

I tried it with two Omega IV Pro and the combination was extremely fast and powerful. A smashing monster indeed.

good for cpen short pips?¿
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2012 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

bbkon where you are going with cpen short pips. trying to be original?.

he zhi wen does not use zetro quad. looking so much at blades as you do means that your game is to be crushed. good cpen short pips players do not pay much attention to fashion blades. 
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Benigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2012 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Antiq Antiq wrote:

Just to share some shots..

A close up

Thats a bloody beautiful blade, the kiso hinoki looks very nice and so does the handle, I think Im in love Heart
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2012 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

bbkon where you are going with cpen short pips. trying to be original?.

he zhi wen does not use zetro quad. looking so much at blades as you do means that your game is to be crushed. good cpen short pips players do not pay much attention to fashion blades. 

yes but  i dont want to be he zhiwen  ..well i do care about sleek blades and  if looks wouldnt care  bty xiom and many would go broke,,whether if i  suck or not i want a xiom blade a notch faster than a clipper..  would you buy a bty blade if it would look like made in 8th grade workshop?  ,many wouldnt

Edited by bbkon - 08/25/2012 at 8:35pm
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2012 at 9:09pm
very well explained bbkon. 
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic