FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

This admitted fake H3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This admitted fake H3
    Posted: 12/05/2010 at 3:00am
http://ttnpp.com/shop/dhs-hurricane-3-with-diy-tuned-sponge-vaccum-packed-p-428.html 

check this out- It's not a real DHS rubber. The sponge is not DHS, and the corner cuts on the topsheet are very huge. But I was cuurious. I ordered it. I might regret it, but after seeing what the newer sheets of Regular #20 provincial are like- I thought there was nothing to lose.

I saw that everything has a NEO like topsheet now, even the regular #20 sponges. Nothing like the old H3 topsheet that was supple, SU{PER grabby and decently tacky- where you saw the pips. Quality looking. No, its just like a neo topsheet in the sense that its just kind of generically grippy. Doesn't look very high quality.

So hopefully this guy will do okay. Has anyone played with it before or does anyone know anything about it?

I also ordered more Haifu Oil substitute, because I lost the first thing I ordered of it.
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 6:06am
If it's a DHS topsheet, but they have put their own sponge under it, it should be perfectly legal as well (as long as it does not violate any other rules).
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 6:13am
Attension:
This is NOT an official Provincial Hurricane rubber.
This is just a regular H3 with DIY tuned sponge (not from DHS)

The red stamp and code on back of sponge is NOT officially made.

We sell this rubber only because with tuned material it's quality is very good, even better than the untuned official Provicial Hurricanes.
50% FAKE LOL

Edited by liang1983 - 12/05/2010 at 6:17am
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 11:01am
should I label this investigative journalism ?  good work !
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 1:08pm
I think it's very respectable that ttnpp wrote that. They could have easily tried to pass it off as 100 percent real. The topsheet is real but the sponge is not but they were kind enough to tell us that.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 1:47pm
i agree. I'm anxious to play with it. It looks like it will still play well. Who knows, maybe even better?

no one else has tried it?
walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 2:11pm
if it plays better, ill buy a sheet too. keep me posted brandon
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 8:21pm
this version is well tuned!! very good feeling compared to the neo pro tuned and also more tacky than neo pro tuned. 
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 2:14am

any review about this rubber ?

Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 2:23am
Originally posted by rossicarbon rossicarbon wrote:

this version is well tuned!! very good feeling compared to the neo pro tuned and also more tacky than neo pro tuned. 

so I should have ordered more of these, huh? lol.

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 2:41am
I think Custom made is better worded than fake. I'm interested in seeing your impressions. 

Edited by kenneyy88 - 12/06/2010 at 2:44am
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 2:51am
Originally posted by kenneyy88 kenneyy88 wrote:

I think Custom made is better worded than fake. I'm interested in seeing your impressions. 

I'll keep it posted for sure and let you know.

I'm excited. I finally got some cash to get new TT stuff. I broke my clipper CR on accident. I still use it until my new Clipper WRB gets here. I got a custom weight Clipper WRB. I think its 83g? The CR was 99g. My buddy bought 10 from europe with a customized weight, Du Cheng Yi got one from the same batch lol, ( that means I'm awesome) along with the rubber, some haifu oil substitute and then a racket case.

I'm also going to keep posted in regards to the Haifu Oil Substitute. I had a little bit of it before but lost it, and so I'm curious. Maybe that's what they boosted this DIY h3 with? I asked the guy at ttnpp but all he could say was that it was some kind of booster, so he didn't know. I got some of the double fish water based glue too, idk how that stuff is.

But yes, I'll keep this thread bumped as to how the H3 goes. I think it should be here within a week and a half. Maybe not since its December.

tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 4:05pm
any good review on this rubber?
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2010 at 7:38pm
How does this sponge compare to the H3 Neo provincial sponge? Also, does anyone know where to purchase H3 topsheets by themselves?
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2010 at 1:48am
still haven't got the ruubber.
cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2010 at 2:07am
ttnpp usually takes 2 weeks to ship but the prices balance the difference.
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 12:24pm
gosh, where can we buy tt stuff these days... ? who can we really trust?
Gr8GrZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gr8GrZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

Not chinese...this will at least weed out at least 50% of potential fakes or non chinese that sells only chinese stuff.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 12:45pm
if it plays like real hurricane 3 or better, then i dont care if my grandma made it in her cellar using her counterfeit rubber making machine
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 3:17pm

Custom made rubbers are different from being deceived. Cole from colett.com makes his own hybrids of sponge and topsheet as well.
I still disagree with the title labeling it fake. 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 3:40pm
I just don't know where he can get Hurricane 3 topsheets by themselves. If he is taking it off another sponge then putting it on this higher quality, tuned sponge then the price is warranted. I just can't wait to hear how it plays!
kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 3:42pm

they admitted on the site that it was not a DHS sponge... i don't see what the problem is. also, if you do a simple search there are multiple threads about which retailers sell authentic DHS rubbers.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 4:19pm

Custom made rubbers are different from being deceived. Cole from colett.com makes his own hybrids of sponge and topsheet as well.
I still disagree with the title labeling it fake. 

I'm not slandering ttnpp by calling it fake.

unauthentic work better for you? even still, it's a fake product. It's not Hurricane 3. I have chat with the guy before. There are Red Stamps on the sponge to make you think it's a real product. But they are admittedly not real stamps. They are FAKE. If it was a custom rubber, it wouldnt have a red DHS stamp to make you think it was a DHS product. These are intended to fool people.

But ttnpp sells them anyway, and informs the public of what the product really is- a Sponge with a FAKE stamp on the back tuned with a H3 like topsheet.

If you look at the corner cuts on the H3 topsheet, they are waaay bigger than any cut corner I've seen from a real DHS topsheet. meaning what?

it's a fake product. but it's okay- like i said before, that doesn't matter. Our hats are off to this person for selling the product for what it is. Honesty is the best policy, and he is a better seller for it. If it still plays well, then it still plays well.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 4:24pm
Can you weigh it uncut/unglued after you get it?
Viscaria FL
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: Sword Scylla OX
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 5:38pm
yeah if i remember to do it i will get it weighed.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 6:08pm
Ok that is shady, so there are other places trying to pass this off as a real h3. 
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2010 at 1:31am
Did I read it wrong?
It said it is a real reg H3 with home-made tuner. Only the stamp and the code are fake.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2010 at 1:46am

Ok that is shady, so there are other places trying to pass this off as a real h3. 

yeah but luckily for us i think its more of a local thing in china. But I'm sure there is a lot of that in TT-shops, too.

The topsheets may be real, but I'm not sure. I just gotta keep posted. I think it should get here in the next couple days.

But what makes it so shady when just looking at the rubber is definitely the artificially made stamp. for sure. Glad he handled it on his website like he did. ttnpp is a good website to buy from for sure.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2010 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Did I read it wrong?
It said it is a real reg H3 with home-made tuner. Only the stamp and the code are fake.

it says that the sponge is also not from DHS, and that it is not an official DHS provincial hurricane rubber. Meaning that at best it would be a commercial topsheet.

And in regards to that- if it were a real commercial topsheet, there would be more corner cuts. Since two corners are uncut, and the other two that are cut are very different from the cuts you normally see, it's likely the entire thing isnt actually an H3 at all.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2010 at 12:38am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Did I read it wrong?

it says that the sponge is also not from DHS, and that it is not an official DHS provincial hurricane rubber. Meaning that at best it would be a commercial topsheet.

And in regards to that- if it were a real commercial topsheet, there would be more corner cuts. Since two corners are uncut, and the other two that are cut are very different from the cuts you normally see, it's likely the entire thing isnt actually an H3 at all.

Just because it isn't assembled by DHS doesn't make it fake. This guy is a reputable dealer and I don't think he would be selling this for more than the Neo version if he wasn't confident it was better. I'm sure he has a source for real H3 topsheets. I can't wait for your review!
Viscaria FL
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: Sword Scylla OX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic