FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Renanos Hold review.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 1:00am
how does renanos hold compare with yinhe moon? ... yeah i know its a tough analogy... but wanted to check what's the speed/spin comparison for modern non-tacky chinese rubbers with modern non-tacky spinny [non-tenergy] jap rubbers.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Sponsored Links

vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 1:29am
Originally posted by notgood notgood wrote:

But after a few sessions the sponge comes to life, and soon after the tack goes away and the rubber turns into a slightly more controlled version of Joola Phenix in my opinion. 
Hi!
Could you give a little more in depth comparison between RH vs Phoenix   - in terms of speed spin grippiness sponge hardness and may be durability? I'm now using it (phoenix) and abs love it  - so well balanced rubber ! But if there's smth better  - I'd like to try it later Smile 
Thnx a lot!
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 1:34am
Must be a decent rubber since Chan Kazuhiro is using it according to that Japanese magazine which lists the top 16 players equipment.
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

notgood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 1:57am
Originally posted by vic#74 vic#74 wrote:

But after a few sessions the sponge comes to life, and soon after the tack goes away and the rubber turns into a slightly more controlled version of Joola Phenix in my opinion. 
Hi!
Could you give a little more in depth comparison between RH vs Phoenix   - in terms of speed spin grippiness sponge hardness and may be durability? I'm now using it (phoenix) and abs love it  - so well balanced rubber ! But if there's smth better  - I'd like to try it later Smile 
Thnx a lot!

I played with Joola Phenix right before I tried Renanos Hold.  I have never hit such amazing shots as I did with Phenix.  Some of them were incredibly powerful, but I felt it was just a bit too fast for me. 

Renanos Hold has an overall "feel" to it that reminds me of Phenix.  Both are of similar hardness.  Phenix is the faster of the two, and the amount of spin I could produce with both rubbers is similar.

The grippiness and durability is a bit hard to describe.  A brand new sheet of RH is more grippy for sure, but it doesn't take long until the rubbers have almost identical amounts of grip.  I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary on either sheet as far as durability goes.  Both rubbers seemed to last about as long as I expect a sheet to go.  The only difference is that RH changes its properties a bit after the first few sessions.

I basically feel like I could interchange the two and not have much trouble adapting at all.  Phenix will be faster and more powerful...RH will have a bit more control and not quite as powerful, but still strong.

Edit:  Remember that RH only becomes like Phenix after it gets some wear on it.  I don't want anyone to be mad at me when they try it out at first and it is way different Big smile

Edited by notgood - 04/14/2011 at 2:07am
Viscaria
Vega Pro
Hammond Pro Beta
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 3:07am

I played with Joola Phenix right before I tried Renanos Hold.  I have never hit such amazing shots as I did with Phenix.  Some of them were incredibly powerful, but I felt it was just a bit too fast for me. 

Renanos Hold has an overall "feel" to it that reminds me of Phenix.  Both are of similar hardness.  Phenix is the faster of the two, and the amount of spin I could produce with both rubbers is similar.

The grippiness and durability is a bit hard to describe.  A brand new sheet of RH is more grippy for sure, but it doesn't take long until the rubbers have almost identical amounts of grip.  I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary on either sheet as far as durability goes.  Both rubbers seemed to last about as long as I expect a sheet to go.  The only difference is that RH changes its properties a bit after the first few sessions.

I basically feel like I could interchange the two and not have much trouble adapting at all.  Phenix will be faster and more powerful...RH will have a bit more control and not quite as powerful, but still strong.

Edit:  Remember that RH only becomes like Phenix after it gets some wear on it.  I don't want anyone to be mad at me when they try it out at first and it is way different Big smile
ok, I'll put it at my "last hope" list Smile I' m happy with phoenix and only gonna try Adidas P5 for a sake of EJ. Still, phoenix is one of the most consistent and reliable rubbers for my FH while being one of the fastest rubbers I tried. Amasing.

Edited by vic#74 - 04/14/2011 at 4:38am
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 3:26pm
grave digging!

I played with this rubber twice now on a friends racket. It's money. Money all day long- looping is so good with it. 

What I want to know, before I buy it- how long is this rubber lasting for people who have had it? Even more important question now since this rubber is 50 bucks. 
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2012 at 4:57pm
I only tried hammond rubber from nittaku.
it is pretty good, and I got it for 29 dollars.
so thumbs up for nittaku in my personal rating Thumbs Up
Mahmood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2012 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Anton could you please compare Renanos Hold speed with Omega IV Asia and Pro?

Oops... you said "speed". I didn't see that at first and wrote a long comparison of both. Embarrassed

In terms of speed alone, I'd say that Renanos Hold is potentially faster but you have to work a little harder for it. Not like with the harder tacky rubbers, by any means... it's certainly easier to produce speed than Neo H3, for example. But there is also no Tenergy catapult there to "help" you. In the middle gears the Omegas feel faster because they don't require as much effort due to the catapult. But when I'm allowed to let a winner rip at full force, the Renanos Hold is faster.

Hi there Anton Smile, if you please could compare Renanos Hold to my EJ list, not all... Only the ones that you know about. And I mean in every aspect if you could please (Spin, throw angle, sponge hardness, topsheet type if its ard or elastic, speed).

Xiom Omega IV Pro
Xiom Sigma Pro
Nittaku Narucross GS Hard
Nittaku Hammond Beta Pro
Nittaku Hurricane 3 (Yes its from Nittaku)
Donic Acuda S1 Turbo
Donic Coppa X1 Platin Turbo
Stiga Calibra LT +
And finally my beloved Baracuda.

I hope that is not a difficult task LOL... No pressure if you dont want r havent tried any of the above.
Thank you very much.

PS. I think I am becoming a big fan of Nittaku Big smile
Mahmood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2012 at 5:01am
Originally posted by Skippy Skippy wrote:

I don't see a white package DHS National H3 at that site.  Nevermind.  Found it at eacheng.net.  Sorry guys.  I'm not sure how this got so far away from Renanos Hold.

You mean the one that costs 88$? My God that is expensive...
Did you get it? How was it? Was it the one you were looking for?
I want a review :((
I found the same on ttnpp for 55$.
a1exander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1exander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 3:32pm
Is RH slower or faster then Xiom Omega IV Asia?
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 7:35pm
i have a Barely Used Renanos Hold.... max black...... if anyone wants pm me. i can ship it anywhere in US for $39. 
vid1
Vid 2
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 3:13am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

how does renanos hold compare with yinhe moon? ... yeah i know its a tough analogy... but wanted to check what's the speed/spin comparison for modern non-tacky chinese rubbers with modern non-tacky spinny [non-tenergy] jap rubbers.

i think is the old jo walnder  rebranded
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2012 at 4:58am
wasn't jo waldner from esn?

renanos hold is from diff factory ..made in japan
vid1
Vid 2
ping_77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ping_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2012 at 12:56pm
I have a question, I want to change to Nittaku rubbers...
now I am playing with XIOM Vega Europe (soft) red in my BH and XIOM OMEGA IV Pro (medium) black on my FH...

What is your oppinion on the
NITTAKU FASTARC G-1 or NITTAKU RENANOS HOLD blac for my Forehand (FH) and on the NITTAKU NARUCROSS GS SUPER SOFT or the NITTAKU NARUCROSS GS SOFT red for my Backhand (BH)???
Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2012 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by ping_77 ping_77 wrote:

I have a question, I want to change to Nittaku rubbers...
now I am playing with XIOM Vega Europe (soft) red in my BH and XIOM OMEGA IV Pro (medium) black on my FH...

What is your oppinion on the
NITTAKU FASTARC G-1 or NITTAKU RENANOS HOLD blac for my Forehand (FH) and on the NITTAKU NARUCROSS GS SUPER SOFT or the NITTAKU NARUCROSS GS SOFT red for my Backhand (BH)???
Thank you for your help.
Best regards,

Hello and welcome to the forums! 

First off, thank you for posting this is the right place!

Without seeing your game or knowing anything about your level or style, it would be impossible for us to provide a recommendation with any degree of merit.

Can you tell us more about your level, playstyle (videos most helpful) and what you would like to improve over the Vega and Omega?

Also, what blade are you using?

Thanks!
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
ping_77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ping_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2012 at 3:16pm
 I guess the level would be 1800+, playing style, close to the table, bloking and topspin BH, bloking and topspin FH, allround+ player..
 My blade is a TSP BALSA 5.5
Thanks,
Gustau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gustau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2015 at 3:39am
Ressurecting this thread... question: is this still a good rubber with the new plastic ball?
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2015 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Gustau Gustau wrote:

Ressurecting this thread... question: is this still a good rubber with the new plastic ball?

Upon occasion I use Viscaria/Renanos Hold and find it ok for the plastic ball. This blade/rubber combination is used by Darth Vader that is why I play it.

Seriously it shouldn't be a problem unless you have a crappy stroke.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2015 at 5:22pm
I almost bought a sheet recently for my Barwell, but decided against it in the end. I tried it a couple years back. I'm sure it's fine for plastic. A lot of people find it to be a really spinny rubber to loop with. And it's definitely not too slow from what I remember. 
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2016 at 10:39pm
I have been using RH for sometime as a FH rubber but recently decided to try the new P12 SoulSpin product as I wondered if the P12 would be similar to the RH.  RH is listed as 37 degree hardness and the P12 is 52 degrees.  The P12 like the RH does not feel boasted and feels similar but is faster with great control. The P12 is listed at $60.00 so its significantly more money then buying at TT Japan for $36.   
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 5:09pm
Bump: 

Anyone using this with plastic ball? I've gone through a few different more modern rubbers on forehand side in the past while since I stopped using Hurricane 3. MX-P, MX-S, Vega Japan, Vega Pro, Fastarc G-1. I haven't played RH in a long time, still expensive enough that I'd like to see how it is fairing for anyone before buying. I kept thinking about trying Rasant Grip or power grip, or just getting back to the G-1. 

My main thing is that since I'm actually practicing and doing multiball regularly now, I'm noticing my rubber is wearing out much faster. Was thinking maybe RH might be a good option since it's not a tensor or a factory boosted rubber. Any impressions?

Better yet, anyone have recent experience comparing RH to say, G-1?

DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 9:36pm
2 places in Taiwan are not re-ordering Renanos Hold and one said it was being phased out by Nittaku (not sure how accurate this statement is).  The other place was thankful when I bought their last black sheet...lol    (right now tabletennis11 seems to have all options in stk)

At that time i was searching around, Tabletennis11 did not have stk for the 2 months I checked for it so I bought a sheet of G-1 locally, but i didn't like it.

I felt that G-1 & RH have similar speed but the control was just not the same.  Looping control and blocks just felt so much better with RH.  For serves both worked really well for nice spinny serves.  (However I spent only 3-4 weeks (6 hrs per week) with the G-1 so perhaps just not enough time with it)

Both have noticeable tackiness but not like H3.   Also if weight is a concern RH is noticeably lighter than G-1.

I actually still have RH on my backup blade but I made the switch 7 months ago to Rasant grip as my main FH rubber which is similar in speed, control and hardness but no tackiness.  Rasant grip definitely has a different 'feel' to RH but I'm enjoying Rasant grip.  
igorigor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorigor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2016 at 1:39am
Tomioka (tt-japan.net)has it on stock.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2018 at 10:28am
After August 31, 2018, Renanos Hold will be discontinued.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2018 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

After August 31, 2018, Renanos Hold will be discontinued.
too bad.  not that I will rushed out to buy some but the ones that came with a combo racket were very good.

Edited by tom - 07/09/2018 at 12:53pm
igorigor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorigor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2018 at 2:26pm
[QUOTE=tom][QUOTE=Ray]After August 31, 2018, Renanos Hold will be discontinued.

Not Renasos hold, Renanos BS will be discontinued.

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2018 at 11:20am
Originally posted by igorigor igorigor wrote:

[QUOTE=tom][QUOTE=Ray]After August 31, 2018, Renanos Hold will be discontinued.

Not Renasos hold, Renanos BS will be discontinued.

Renanos Hold:

https://tt-lover.com/blog/fixation_table-tennis-information/outofprintitem_nittaku_20180831/

Edited by Ray - 07/10/2018 at 11:21am
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic