Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Renanos Hold review.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2011 at 2:42pm
finally... another great BH rubber review... and i'm not tempted to get one tomorrow!! Approve

what a relief!! Wacko

i have reached that phase of ecstacy with Palio Thors BH. 

Hope it lasts long. i will have to lose real bad to low level players before i can come to this thread again, and go ..."btw...does renanos hold does ..xxxxxxx.. better than THors?"LOL

Edited by debraj - 02/16/2011 at 2:43pm
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Sponsored Links

BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2011 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

Anybody try it on the BH? Wink
I finally wore out the sheet I've had on my backhand. Just ordered another Smile
So how does it play there? have you tried with Andro Hexer by any chance? how do the two compare? Smile
Well I tried Hexer out a couple of times and as I recall it was similar to Baracuda but faster (I've used Baracuda alot more). I feel that in the attack, both rubbers, Renanos Hold and Hexer, have very similar offensive capabilities but I think Renanos Hold is a touch harder so its performance ceiling is higher. I don't remember the spin well enough to tell you which one is spinnier but I can tell you both can hit beautiful shots. I think the lack of bounciness and linearity is particularly helpful on the backhand because the backhand is used more in a defensive role than the forehand, and the backhand has a smaller window for a correct stroke so it is easier to get "caught" out of position and you have to execute an improvised stroke and with a predictable rubber it is easier to improvise with success.
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2011 at 3:40pm
Thanks Bmonkey,
I think Hexer is pretty solid for the BH, best rubber so far after glued up Sriver L for me.. I definitely will keep Renanos Hold in mind when I change my BH rubber. I do can play with more variety rubber on the BH, my FH is settle on Hurricane II or III (I can switch between both without a problem). I think I haven't settled on the BH because it is still in a developing state. 
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2011 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Anton, Have you tried H3 National tuned with Parafin Oil?
It's totally different from Provincial, more speed, more spin too.

Not sure he has but I have with a much more powerful tuner than paraffin oil Big smile
Definitely much much more spin and speed Big smile

Big smile

If your tuner is more powerful than Paraffin Oil, I'd hate to use a racket like yours haha. PO adds soooooo much speed. I go LIGHT on it, and keep glue buildup ON. I know people who do 3 layers on a bare sponge.

I don't know how people can handle it. Dead

Anton, have you ever used Hammond X?

Best looper at my club always used it on his FH, switched to Beta, hated it, now goes back to Hammond X. Can you compare it to that speed/spin wise? (if you have used it)

I'm also 100% for Linear rubbers. Catapult is unnecccessary at our level. Even when Counter-looping. I feel like that's why I actually end up counter-looping in matches and not just in practice, because I pick equipment I can actually handle and I'm confident about doing shots. On my RPB, I'm using 729-3OEM, a 7 dollar rubber. I stuffed that loopers shots over and over again with my RPB. I Counter Looped his openings with my RPB. I don't even play penhold, it was the first time doing it in a long time. But I had control and predictability- 7 dollar rubber. Works for me Smile

I didn't know you tooled around with Cpen. Cool! I just picked it up again due to this innovation. It makes it much easier. I think Cpen has a lot more options so I've always preferred to play that style but the difficulty of learning it initially kept me going back to shakehand. But with that grip I find it much easier.

Anyway, to answer your question: No, I haven't tried Hammond X. One of my training partners uses Hammond Pro Alpha on his RPB and loves it. But I can't make any comparisons between all the Hammonds, sorry.

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2011 at 6:26pm
I've always liked cpen because of that aso- it has more options. I feel like it's easier to be creative. That's why I like Xu Xin so much- he's a creative player.

Also, as far as the stroke itself, my RPB is actually better than my Shakehand BH when it comes to being an attacking tool. I will always stroke the ball with RPB automatically. Usually this looper will get a lot of BH blocks back along with some punches/hits... never counter loops from me when I play shake. But RPB makes my wrist angle almost automatic for just unwinding into the ball. I also like how free I feel over the table to do more things. The wrist is key here too. I'm actually giving it a serious go fora little bit I think.

I don't need the SueprCpen though, I like regular handles. I like using Traditional BH for blocking and punching too, but I'm more like 80% RPB. Really, what got me using Cpen this time was just the fact that as a blade, I think the Yasaka Extra is my favorite of all time, and I have my friends cpen one. I don't like it in shakehand... I've had it. Maybe its just this cut of wood, but this blade is just the most wonderful thing ever.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2011 at 6:44pm
i don't understand how you guys at decent level can play shake hand and penhold at different times. 

i can change rubbers or blades or anyhing, but can't think of changing my grip, and be considered a serious player still. for me a player makes that choice only once, when they start the game. 
vid1
Vid 2
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2011 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

i don't understand how you guys at decent level can play shake hand and penhold at different times. 

i can change rubbers or blades or anyhing, but can't think of changing my grip, and be considered a serious player still. for me a player makes that choice only once, when they start the game. 

I wouldn't consider myself at a "decent" level. I have started beating some 1700+ players recently (but only while playing shakehand), but I still don't consider that to be very good. So I just try to have fun by trying a lot of different things. I've actually learned a lot about the game in this way.

Although I'm "competitive" when I play (i.e., I like winning more than losing and try to do it whenever possible), I don't actually compete in tournaments. My main reason for getting better is simply that the better I get the more fun this game becomes. So basically, I do whatever is fun (while still trying to improve). And Cpen is a lot of fun. Smile

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2011 at 8:59pm

I've always liked cpen because of that aso- it has more options. I feel like it's easier to be creative. That's why I like Xu Xin so much- he's a creative player.

Also, as far as the stroke itself, my RPB is actually better than my Shakehand BH when it comes to being an attacking tool. I will always stroke the ball with RPB automatically. Usually this looper will get a lot of BH blocks back along with some punches/hits... never counter loops from me when I play shake. But RPB makes my wrist angle almost automatic for just unwinding into the ball. I also like how free I feel over the table to do more things. The wrist is key here too. I'm actually giving it a serious go fora little bit I think.

I don't need the SueprCpen though, I like regular handles. I like using Traditional BH for blocking and punching too, but I'm more like 80% RPB. Really, what got me using Cpen this time was just the fact that as a blade, I think the Yasaka Extra is my favorite of all time, and I have my friends cpen one. I don't like it in shakehand... I've had it. Maybe its just this cut of wood, but this blade is just the most wonderful thing ever.

I totally agree regarding the YE. I haven't ever tried it shakehand, but the Cpen YE truly is "the most wonderful thing ever", for sure. Smile

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2011 at 10:09pm

Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Oops... you said "speed". I didn't see that at first and wrote a long comparison of both. Embarrassed

In terms of speed alone, I'd say that Renanos Hold is potentially faster but you have to work a little harder for it. Not like with the harder tacky rubbers, by any means... it's certainly easier to produce speed than Neo H3, for example. But there is also no Tenergy catapult there to "help" you. In the middle gears the Omegas feel faster because they don't require as much effort due to the catapult. But when I'm allowed to let a winner rip at full force, the Renanos Hold is faster.

It's also illegal. Have you tried Sriver with 12 layers of speedglue? Way different than Sriver with regular glue Ermm

What I want to emphasize is that H3 National is much more superior than Provincial when both Tuned Wink
Yes it's illegal but I'm sure the Chinese top players also tuning their H3.
There's no other rubber can play identical with H3 but with more speed.
The only way to make it faster is to tuned it.
After tuning it once, I don't need to retune it again, It's much better than normal untuned.

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2011 at 10:21pm

Oops... you said "speed". I didn't see that at first and wrote a long comparison of both. Embarrassed

In terms of speed alone, I'd say that Renanos Hold is potentially faster but you have to work a little harder for it. Not like with the harder tacky rubbers, by any means... it's certainly easier to produce speed than Neo H3, for example. But there is also no Tenergy catapult there to "help" you. In the middle gears the Omegas feel faster because they don't require as much effort due to the catapult. But when I'm allowed to let a winner rip at full force, the Renanos Hold is faster.

I haven't tried it. I don't want to deal with the hassle of locating a "national" sheet, pay the (usually) ridiculous price, all the while wondering if it's legitimate.

Then, I don't want to have to boost, worry about the proper amount, replicating it precisely each time I have to do it so I don't feel like I'm playing with a different rubber, and ultimately have my rubbers wear out faster.

I had Renanos Hold on my forehand on my shakehand blade, but I'm going to try it out on my backhand on my SuperCpen blade. As far as hard tacky rubbers go, I've found Thor's to be my favorite. In fact, I'm playing with Thor's on my SuperCpen blade right now (on my forehand) and it does everything I ask of it... all without having to boost it. I've cheated on Thor's here and there but I keep coming back to it, which says something to me.

Believe me, H3 National is as fast as Thor even when the tuned effect is gone. But it produced much more spin.
First I use H3 National then switch to Thor because of great review in this forum.
Thor sometimes can produce not spinny loops and horrible when counter looping as most of them goes to net.
With H3 National I can do all kind of loops with same amount of spin, fast loop or slow loops.

Try it and you'll find the joyful of looping.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2011 at 11:24pm

Believe me, H3 National is as fast as Thor even when the tuned effect is gone. But it produced much more spin.
First I use H3 National then switch to Thor because of great review in this forum.
Thor sometimes can produce not spinny loops and horrible when counter looping as most of them goes to net.
With H3 National I can do all kind of loops with same amount of spin, fast loop or slow loops.

Okay, I'll bite: So... where do you get yours?

And, have you tried the Globe 999 National? If so, how does the H3 National compare?

Edited by Anton Chigurh - 02/16/2011 at 11:37pm
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2011 at 11:51pm

Believe me, H3 National is as fast as Thor even when the tuned effect is gone. .....

HMM... can't!Wink
vid1
Vid 2
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2011 at 2:48am

Okay, I'll bite: So... where do you get yours?

And, have you tried the Globe 999 National? If so, how does the H3 National compare?

I bought it at prott.cc, the white package one, the speed glue version.
It is more spinny than the Neo National blue sponge.
No I haven't tried globe 999 National...
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2011 at 2:53am

Believe me, H3 National is as fast as Thor even when the tuned effect is gone. .....

HMM... can't!Wink

Probably I'm used to H3, no other rubber which is more predictable and convincing to hit.
I thought Thor is the answer, chinese sticky tensor.
Producing as much spin as chinese tacky rubber, but faster.
Yes it's faster but not much, I would say my loop is very easily block compared to H3.
So I think I will never get a faster H3 subtitute from other brand, stop dreaming LOL

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2011 at 3:29am

Some just have a better understanding of certain things i guess. Some people can adjust to things better than others. That's all. Just because you cant play penhold at the same level doesn't mean I can't.

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2011 at 3:32am

I wouldn't consider myself at a "decent" level. I have started beating some 1700+ players recently (but only while playing shakehand), but I still don't consider that to be very good. So I just try to have fun by trying a lot of different things. I've actually learned a lot about the game in this way.

Although I'm "competitive" when I play (i.e., I like winning more than losing and try to do it whenever possible), I don't actually compete in tournaments. My main reason for getting better is simply that the better I get the more fun this game becomes. So basically, I do whatever is fun (while still trying to improve). And Cpen is a lot of fun. Smile

I like that :)

the best way to understand more about something is to try it yourself. At the end of the day, I'm probably a shakehander that plays inverted rubber on both sides. But I will fool around with all kinds of stuff.. It's FUN.. and it really helps you build an understanding of things. I learn a lot from playing Cpen about my own game that I can relate to using my normal grip. I learned alot about my own game when I was chopping with LP for a spell. Using these things makes me a better player when I come back to normal, and I understand more about how certain things work, thus improving my game even more.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2011 at 4:01am

Not sure he has but I have with a much more powerful tuner than paraffin oil Big smile

Big smile

Is it this thing? I'm just guessing LOL

http://www.ttshop.cn/product.asp?id=2241

It cost 450 yuan for 1 bottle, very expensive!!!!

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2011 at 8:02am

Big smile

Is it this thing? I'm just guessing LOL

http://www.ttshop.cn/product.asp?id=2241

It cost 450 yuan for 1 bottle, very expensive!!!!

Not sure since I don't tune the stuff myself nor have I seen the tuning process.

I'm a lil tight on cash right now since I just dropped a ton of money on audio gear.  But later I might just buy a bottle to see whats up.  Plus, need money for the new HK III Big smile  So broke Cry
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2011 at 9:53pm
I don't see a white package DHS National H3 at that site.  Nevermind.  Found it at eacheng.net.  Sorry guys.  I'm not sure how this got so far away from Renanos Hold.

Edited by Skippy - 02/17/2011 at 10:14pm
Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2011 at 1:56pm

Anybody try it on the BH? Wink

I took it off the forehand of my shakehand blade and put it on the backhand of my SuperCpen blade (which has Thor's on the forehand). I will try it out tomorrow and let you know what I think. I imagine it will function quite well there. Smile
Hoping for some good news Big smile

I tried it on the backhand of both my SuperCpen blade and my shakehand blade. If you were hoping for some good news, then I can give you some.

It's a great backhand rubber.

However, coming from a Tensor you may not like it as much immediately. Again, this rubber has plenty of potential speed, but no catapult effect. So it feels different and if you're extremely accustomed to that catapult effect then a rubber like this may feel funny at first.

But it has very good spin, very good speed, and very nice control.

It is slightly more susceptible to incoming spin than the O-IV Pro I was using, but it's also more capable of generating spin. There's always a trade off, I guess.

Edited by Anton Chigurh - 02/21/2011 at 1:57pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2011 at 9:00pm
I kinda like the catapult effect.. it make it easier to block, though need better touch :)
I might still try it, but the option so many now Confused, I don't know what I will end up buying Renanos, Adidas P5, Calibra LT, or another Hexer LOL
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2011 at 9:41pm

I kinda like the catapult effect.. it make it easier to block, though need better touch :)
I might still try it, but the option so many now Confused, I don't know what I will end up buying Renanos, Adidas P5, Calibra LT, or another Hexer LOL
Only 4 rubbers? Buy them all! Duh LOL
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2011 at 5:51am

Only 4 rubbers? Buy them all! Duh LOL

LOLLOLLOL

I kinda stop EJ-ing so I am using one setup at a time, it's hard to maintain consistency if I keep changing my setup...
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Kashuken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashuken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2011 at 2:56pm

I tried it on the backhand of both my SuperCpen blade and my shakehand blade. If you were hoping for some good news, then I can give you some.

What sponge thickness are you using for your Cpen? I'm seriously considering it for rpb.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2011 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Kashuken Kashuken wrote:

What sponge thickness are you using for your Cpen? I'm seriously considering it for rpb.

On my first try I used 2.1mm, but I'll be switching to 1.9mm.

I'm about 1600-1700 USATT shakehand, but probably 1500-1600 Cpen. So I need the thinner rubber for slightly improved control.

If you like the Japanese type rubber, I do highly suggest it. It's like a much spinnier Bryce Speed.

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 4:37pm
not to dig threads, but that means that this stuff is comppletely not tacky, right? If it's at all like Bryce speed that is.
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 9:57pm

not to dig threads, but that means that this stuff is comppletely not tacky, right? If it's at all like Bryce speed that is.
I'd say it has a touch of tack to it. Not enough to pick up the ball or something but it is definitely more tacky than bryce or Omega IV. Very grippy topsheet that does well in humid conditions.
notgood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 10:31pm
I loved how the rubber played when I first got it.  It starts out with a the slightest bit of tack, and the sponge seems a bit more dead than your average Jap/Euro rubber.  However, it is still much much faster than a Chinese rubber. 

But after a few sessions the sponge comes to life, and soon after the tack goes away and the rubber turns into a slightly more controlled version of Joola Phenix in my opinion. 

This is not to say anything bad about the rubber.  It will do what it is supposed to and it can produce good amounts of speed and spin.  Its just not as amazing as it was when it was brand new.

Currently, it is my favorite FH rubber that maintains a sub $45 price tag....But i just hit it on the table in a tournament last weekend so I will use this opportunity to EJ some more  :)
Viscaria
Vega Pro
Hammond Pro Beta
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 10:56pm
Just use this rubber for a couple of hours of play. It is easy to loop and great placement rubber. Not with penetrating power, but linear with consistency is a good characteristic for FH.
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 12:30am
so it doesn't sound like an H3 replacement... yeah?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic