Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy for Chinese penhold?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy for Chinese penhold?
    Posted: 03/09/2011 at 4:43am

Any recommendations if tenergy is good to use in a chinese penhold blade. Actually im using a carbon penhold blade (Donic persson power carbon v1) and i would ask if tenergy rubbers are suitable with my blade or not? Do my blade's weight would be heavy or not? Cheers to all! Big smile

Edited by mayuki24 - 03/09/2011 at 4:56am
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

Sponsored Links

Omega740 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omega740 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2011 at 10:33pm
I've hit with the t64 and the t25 briefly.  Didn't like it.  For me, a CPEN'er, it had way too much angle in its throw.  Penholders tend to have longer, more defined, strokes.  We bend our knees, then rise and rotate our bodies with a stiffened long arm to generate good ball arc.  When doing this with the Tenergies (Tenergys?), I had to come way over the ball when finishing the stroke.  Since we, generally, are close to the table.  Having a longer stroke and also trying to bring the ball down at the end isn't ideal. 

Other players, who have flatter strokes, rely on this rubber to give them that ideal arc in their shots.  I personally didn't see it working for myself.
TT YouTube Chan Chinese Penhold FH/BH
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Omega740 Omega740 wrote:

I've hit with the t64 and the t25 briefly.  Didn't like it.  For me, a CPEN'er, it had way too much angle in its throw.  Penholders tend to have longer, more defined, strokes.  We bend our knees, then rise and rotate our bodies with a stiffened long arm to generate good ball arc.  When doing this with the Tenergies (Tenergys?), I had to come way over the ball when finishing the stroke.  Since we, generally, are close to the table.  Having a longer stroke and also trying to bring the ball down at the end isn't ideal. 

Other players, who have flatter strokes, rely on this rubber to give them that ideal arc in their shots.  I personally didn't see it working for myself.

oooohhh thanks for this Wink well reading the forums by clicking the search button, i've read that many penholders use a tacky rubber for forehand then euro/jap for backhand.

i think if i would use tacky rubber for my forehand my set up would be a little bit heavy for me Cry

Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 10:11am
Sure why not? Pro penhold players like Li Jiao or Wang Jian Jun play with Tenergy
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 4:57pm
atin im doubting about the outcome of the weight of my set up and second im worrying about using tenergy could ruin the angle of my shots. Do you think bryce speed fx would be a good rubber for my rpb? bryce speed fx is lighter than tenergy series right? 
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 5:00pm
There is no reason that Tenergy is any worse or better for penhold play, its just a matter of personal preference and adjustment.
The Older I get, The better I was.
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 6:09pm
trust me, it's not Tenergy that makes/ruines your angles that depens just on your own strokes/technique. For me personally Tenergy 05 is a great rubber on forehand penhold. Since I always cut my rubber around 2 cm above the handle i also reduce the weight of the tenergy...
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2011 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by mayuki24 mayuki24 wrote:

atin im doubting about the outcome of the weight of my set up and second im worrying about using tenergy could ruin the angle of my shots. Do you think bryce speed fx would be a good rubber for my rpb? bryce speed fx is lighter than tenergy series right? 

Well, weight is important, but Hurricane isn't much lighter (maybe even heavier - cant weigh them, but they feel close to each other in weight) than Tenergy and it's considered as one of the best... Just use a light rubber for RPB (its sponge should not be thicker than 2 mm anyway), that's it. Bryce Speed FX should be great for RPB, just a bit expensive. Smile
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2011 at 7:34am
@apw - yeah i think so :D

@atin - what is the weight of your fh rubber? 

@stefashka - do you think bryce speed fx would be very light for my rpb? many have said and preffered bryce speed fx as a rpb rubber. 
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2011 at 10:39am
it all depend on the level of play you have, tenergy requires alot of control and high level of reflex, speed, you have to guage yourself in using blade and rubber at a high rate of speed, everybody will have their own opinion on them, high level players wouldnt use such a combination unless your a pro, where you wake up table tennis, sleep table tennis, i belive that control is more important that anything else, speed can be generated, control requires touch .

mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2011 at 7:20pm
@ minicd - could you tell me if the tenergy 05 is high throw or low? and what kind of sponge thickness would suit me for my fh? :D
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2011 at 8:15pm

If your level is high and control isnt an issue, then go for the thicker sponge, if u need more control then thinner, if your a looper, the ball will go high and drop really fast.

i use to use Globe999(national), now im using Haifu BW2, (2.2), and i only glue the blade, no glue on the sponge since its already tuned. for my backhand rubber, i use Yasaka MarkV 1mm,

note if your using Donic persson with tenergy, you will definitely have a loud clicking action everytime you hit, try brushing if you brush right, you wont hear the click, but the feeling of transfer of energy to the ball will feel great,

just my opinion bro

TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2011 at 9:24pm
For more control, goes for the FX version. Just like any other rubber & blade, you have to learn to use it...
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2011 at 6:04pm
fx version are the softer ones right?
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2011 at 9:47pm
Yes.
Looking at your blade, carbon, should be a fast blade. Coupled with fast rubber, you may find it too fast overall. However, it will also depends on your skill level and your liking....
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2011 at 5:57am
Originally posted by minicd minicd wrote:

If your level is high and control isnt an issue, then go for the thicker sponge, if u need more control then thinner, if your a looper, the ball will go high and drop really fast.

i use to use Globe999(national), now im using Haifu BW2, (2.2), and i only glue the blade, no glue on the sponge since its already tuned. for my backhand rubber, i use Yasaka MarkV 1mm,

note if your using Donic persson with tenergy, you will definitely have a loud clicking action everytime you hit, try brushing if you brush right, you wont hear the click, but the feeling of transfer of energy to the ball will feel great,

just my opinion bro

i appreciated this thanks!

@TT_Haru - well my set up for me is too fast i think. Because i cannot have the dwell that i want to have more spin on every shots and using h3 neo as my fh rubber i've been encountering difficulties in brushing the ball. Do you think soft rubbers with 2.0 sponge would help me but if i would change with that i would lack power i think. I will just need to improve my power right? Big smile
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2011 at 7:17am
@mayuki, softer rubbers can help to hide holes in your technique, but it's much better to get a slower blade for your h3. If you really want to develop your game, put away your fast blade with whatever rubber on it, take a cheap all-wood AR blade - any of mentioned in the numerous threads about penhold combos for beginners here, put h3 on it and practice, practice, practice... Once you have your touch developed with h3, you can go to any more forgiving rubber for lazy people and you'll be definitely a happy one.
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 12:41am
absolutely correct, use a all wood blade, my favorite blade is still my Yaska gantien extra JTTAA, control and generate speed, use something to your level, and improve, not something that you will get stuck, even your improvement will suffer, concentrate your strokes than power, placing the ball where you want is more important, than hitting it hard or trying so hard to loop, with the right stroke matching footwork of corse, you will improve i guarantee you, move when you see the ball leaves your opponent blade,

be mindful young Jedi......use the force
walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 1:47am
of course tenergy is more than sufficient for any kind of offensive play whether it be cpen, jpen, shakehand you name it. just use whatever rubber works for you. if tenergy works great for you, use it. if tenergy doesnt work well for you, change. if tenergy works alright with you, maybe then consider an alternative.  if your question was meant to be read: is a cpen player better off with tenergy or some other rubber? than tenergy is a fine choice. just blasted expensive and very fast.
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 5:27am
@all - im thinking if i would change my blade because i have bought it just a few months ago and still not old. From time to time im managing where to hit much in my h3 neo rubber maybe i would go practice more. 

@stefashka - what do you mean hiding my holes? do you mean it could improve my stroke more?

well im used to my fast play, killing oponnents with just 3-4 balls. Serve then wait for the chance to loop hard near the table or brush the ball in a good place. I just cant brush the ball so lightly because of the hard sponge. To all i just wanna inform you that here in our country speed gluing or boosting are allowed here maybe priming my h3 neo would be a good solution though? 
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 6:21am
Originally posted by mayuki24 mayuki24 wrote:

Originally posted by minicd minicd wrote:

just my opinion bro

i appreciated this thanks!
@TT_Haru - well my set up for me is too fast i think. Because i cannot have the dwell that i want to have more spin on every shots and using h3 neo as my fh rubber i've been encountering difficulties in brushing the ball. Do you think soft rubbers with 2.0 sponge would help me but if i would change with that i would lack power i think. I will just need to improve my power right? Big smile

Hi, a super fast offensive blade coupled with fast rubber like T05 with with its high tension topsheet + the "spring sponge" its going to make everything pretty fast at the expense of control. The faster or greater the incoming ball, the harder you will find to control and return it.
So u have to slow it down. Either on the blade or the rubber. As for power, IMO, it depends on the blade and its vibration. Those soft blade + too much vibration, I will feel a lack of power even though it could be pretty fast too.
So end of the day, it all depends on your preferences. What you like, your style of play,etc. And you just have to try. I like a setup that is fast, good control and power. And I have found mine and I hope you will find yours too ...
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 6:45am
Originally posted by TT_haru TT_haru wrote:

Hi, a super fast offensive blade coupled with fast rubber like T05 with with its high tension topsheet + the "spring sponge" its going to make everything pretty fast at the expense of control. The faster or greater the incoming ball, the harder you will find to control and return it.
So u have to slow it down. Either on the blade or the rubber. As for power, IMO, it depends on the blade and its vibration. Those soft blade + too much vibration, I will feel a lack of power even though it could be pretty fast too.
So end of the day, it all depends on your preferences. What you like, your style of play,etc. And you just have to try. I like a setup that is fast, good control and power. And I have found mine and I hope you will find yours too ...

Yeah i have worries of having so much speed for my ball which i couldn't control more. Well im thinking if im going to sell my blade and going to buy a yeo or dhs 656 for my cpen. My style of play is near the table looping just like chinese people. My greatest problem from my rubber is the sensitivity of the h3 neo from the incoming serves, hence i would put so much effort in reading the ball and return it to my oponnent.
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 6:53am
In term of T-series then either 05 or 25 will be suitable for close to table play. I personally prefer 05 over 25. If you choose 25, take note of its low throw cos many of your returns will hit the net and you will have to adjust accordingly. I can generate more spin on 05 than 25. Spin to us, penholders is pretty important.
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 7:01am
hmmm any recommendation of rubber aside from tenergy 05 and what sponge thickness?
btw tt_haru are you also a penholder?
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 11:29am
Yes, Jpen, rounded-square for close table attack ...
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2011 at 5:22am
hmmm what is your rubber?
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

TT_haru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2011 at 11:14am
T05-FX on my most loved blade. T25 on another, a medium speed blade.
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2011 at 5:32am
Do you think speed glued h3 neo would play better than the non speed glued h3 neo? just wanna ask if priming is good and how do would i make it.
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2011 at 2:32am
I like T05: well balanced, good speed and spin if you hit it hard enough. However I don't think it will go well with carbon blade, that would be quite difficult to control, the new Bryce speed is bit too heavy for me.
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2011 at 7:39am
@atv Which do you think is heavier bryce speed or the tenergy series?
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic