Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wang Liqin with TBS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
razortt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wang Liqin with TBS
    Posted: 03/15/2011 at 3:50pm
Looks like Wang Liqin is testing the TBS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_m8O6QHaI0 

At 06:15, you can see the TBS handle

Feedback

fastpaddle.com
Sponsored Links

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 3:52pm
I think this is fairly old news, I had thought he had been using it for several months already.
rookies View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 4:00pm
I think he already switched back to his Hurricane King when I watched his 2011 game.
Timo Boll Spirit

FH: Hurricane 3 Neo

BH: Coppa X1 Turbo

My Feedback
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 4:07pm
I think LQ plays better with his Hurricane King, it seemed to suit his explosive style more.  just my opinion though.

Edited by liulin04 - 03/15/2011 at 4:09pm
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

I think LQ plays better with his Hurricane King, it seemed to suit his explosive style more.  just my opinion though.

Actually I noticed at the Chinese trials he was playing relatively passively, not attacking much, more  counter attacks, focusing more on touch and counters than staying on the offensive and counter-looping.
nick_wolf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_wolf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 5:01pm
I'd rather take the return of HK handle back on WLQ's blade as a confirmation that WLQ has completed the "tests" and has found his new "weapon of choice" but again it's not HK. The HK outer ply is dark brown-greyish colored and the blade he was using in the WTTC Trials has much lighter outer ply.

May be the blade with HK handle is indeed TBS.

Edited by nick_wolf1 - 03/15/2011 at 5:04pm
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 6:02pm
Would not be the first time he did that...
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 7:27pm
it's pretty easy to pop out handles =). so much fun to do if you want to waste time and blow up a microwave...
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 10:58pm
Please don't microwave your blades :S there are other ways to remove a handle without interfering with all the glue and carbon in the entire blade
lovemagicworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemagicworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2011 at 10:33pm
how?
and is he using hk or 655?

Edited by lovemagicworld - 04/04/2011 at 10:34pm
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2011 at 8:24am
Stiga 
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2011 at 8:32am
So what??!!?  Wang could use a rolled-up newspaper and dominate most players in the world.  
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2011 at 8:53am
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

Stiga 

probably the allround wood nct with hk handle.

he is not stupid. he has read lilactime and knows stiga is the best company.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2011 at 10:36am
Rolled up newspaper, shoot a pro back in the day beat Charlie Chaplin with a butter knife...  WLQ would beat any of us just by showing up because we know who he is. 

How do you remove a handle?  How do you reapply a handle? 
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2011 at 11:27am
Originally posted by silverhair silverhair wrote:

So what??!!?  Wang could use a rolled-up newspaper and dominate most players in the world.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed9eL1VPiiM

LOL LOL
LOL
Virtuoso+ :: Mark V :: Mark V
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2011 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

it's pretty easy to pop out handles =). so much fun to do if you want to waste time and blow up a microwave...

Warning! Do not put a Composite blade in the microwave. It will burn. I learned this from experience.

To remove the handle from any blade, simply stick the handle portion of the blade into a pot of boiling water for about 15-30seconds. Maybe more depending. The glue will weaken and the handle easily removed.
Member of Single Ply Club. Shakehand, Kauri wood by American Hinoki, 1-ply 7mm. FH> Gambler Reflectoid. BH> Yasaka Mark V
professorjay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote professorjay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2011 at 12:58pm
< ="utf-8">

Which newspaper does he use?  My current subscription is almost over.

Edited by professorjay - 04/05/2011 at 12:58pm
silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2011 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by professorjay professorjay wrote:

< ="utf-8">

He uses a special copy of the Chernobyl Times Tribune.  The paper is made from rare hinoki trees grown next to the former power plant.  The hinoki fibres are mixed with specially cured Antarctic Palm fibres.  The print is a from ground soft carbon fibres mixed with recycled rubber from Goodyear NASCAR tires.  

Though considered by many as being a fast paper, Lang handles it with ease controlling each page turn with his own special style.  

The newspaper is for inspired players.  The writers of the stories in the paper impart their own spin.  

lovemagicworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemagicworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2011 at 9:01am
wat WAS he using or wat DID he used or DID he used HK or HK655 neo or not...
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2011 at 4:21pm

Originally posted by professorjay professorjay wrote:

< ="utf-8">

He uses a special copy of the Chernobyl Times Tribune.  The paper is made from rare hinoki trees grown next to the former power plant.  The hinoki fibres are mixed with specially cured Antarctic Palm fibres.  The print is a from ground soft carbon fibres mixed with recycled rubber from Goodyear NASCAR tires.  

Though considered by many as being a fast paper, Lang handles it with ease controlling each page turn with his own special style.  

The newspaper is for inspired players.  The writers of the stories in the paper impart their own spin.  

And I thought WLQ was merely explosive but it turns out he's gone nuclear!
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic