FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2011 ITTF North America Championships / Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 12:38pm
Were there any videos taken of the tournament?
GO MUSTANGS!
Sponsored Links

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 12:54pm
Thats sucks that Fan Yiyong had to play PPP in the first round, the 4-3 duel looked like it was good stuff but less likely it was recorded.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 3:21pm
NA Championships semifinals

men's:
Peter-Paul - Chen Hongtao 4-2
Hinse - Timothy Wang 4-2

women's:
Zhang Mo - Wu Yue 4-3
Lily Zhang - Ariel Hsing 4-2
ZJKandMLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 9:35pm
na championship finals:

hinse vs ppp: 4-2
mo vs lily: 4-1

tbh, u guys shud watch out for lily zhang more than ariel.  shes a year younger, currently ranked #2 in the world for u-15 and shes beaten ariel twice in this tournament (while losing once to ariel).

i watched her play many matches and shes just as good if not better than ariel.  The only thing i would give ariel an advanatage in, is experience
Blade: Photino
FH: Donic Acuda S1, MAX
BH: Tenergy 64, MAX
ahmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 10:34pm
I attended the tournament on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed the high calibre of play.  However, I was disappointed with the small crowd and did not see any local media coverage.  Given the magnitude of this event, I thought this there should have been a tremendous opportunity to get some good local exposure for the sport.  For those that were there on Fri. and Sat., were any of the major newspapers or television channels in attendance?
ZJKandMLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 11:21pm
yeah, there was a lot on saturday^
Blade: Photino
FH: Donic Acuda S1, MAX
BH: Tenergy 64, MAX
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 11:42pm
Was CityTv or CP24 there ?
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
dansari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dansari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2011 at 12:28am
I attended the event on Sunday afternoon only (unfortunately), but I did manage to get some photos and put them up on my website (link is in sig).

I still need to add some captions, but I'm too tired right now.

Edited by dansari - 04/04/2011 at 12:31am
Iolite Neo, FH: Tenergy 25 2.1, BH: Tenergy 05 2.1
alexli View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2011 at 1:00am
Pierre-Luc Hinse won the 2011 North America Championship title!
Through the help from MYTT, Pierre-Luc Hinse has recently switched to be sponsored by DONIC. This is the first time he played in a tournament with DONIC sponsorship.

Table Tennis Super Forum - MyTableTennis.NET

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2011 at 11:20am
Cool! Perhaps we will see some videos. I think Timothy Wang and Mike Landers did pretty well.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ejmeser View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2011 at 1:58pm
He said to me that he is switching sponsorship from next season. He was still using butterfly blade and rubbers tho.

Can't wait to see videos from the event!
*Madridista*

My Feedback
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2011 at 4:44pm
I wish there are some video too.  I was only able to watch the match between Timothy Wang VS PPP, and the Women team competition.  It's really an eye opener to see the game live though, specially seeing preparation, adjustment they make before each match.  It's amazing to see how Zhang Mo lost to Ariel Hsing 0-4 in the morning, made some adjustment came back and won in the team event, and in the Championship round.
ahmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2011 at 9:29pm
I see that there are a few videos uploaded here.

AVarun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AVarun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2011 at 9:23am

Apart from the North America cup, were any of the other events qualifiers for bigger tournaments? Or were they mainly for ratings, standings, trophies etc?  For example, when Pierre Luc Hinse won the men's singles, and Mo Zhang the women's,  will those wins count for some future tournament, or just significant in and of themselves i.e the North American champion.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2011 at 10:03am
Originally posted by AVarun AVarun wrote:

Apart from the North America cup, were any of the other events qualifiers for bigger tournaments? Or were they mainly for ratings, standings, trophies etc?  For example, when Pierre Luc Hinse won the men's singles, and Mo Zhang the women's,  will those wins count for some future tournament, or just significant in and of themselves i.e the North American champion.

Only NA Cup is used for qualification.
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2011 at 10:01pm
Don't like Yiyong Fan's playing. What the hell he did each time he missed a point! Overrated!
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2011 at 10:07am
I agree. Not a big fan of Fan.  But I must say the guy's got game - very powerful strokes.

First match I saw - he blamed his loss on a net call by the umpire. Almost broke the table top by kicking it. Surprised the umpire didn't give him a yellow card.

Next day - he shows up to play with 2 illegal racquets and proceeds to pretend the problem is with the officials. Then he borrows someone's racquet and beats Pradhee PP with it.

But I think the US officials should require the adults players to conduct themselves in a more professional and respectful manner - especially when there are so many juniors watching these high profile matches.

For me the highlights were seeing Ariel Hsing , Lily Zhang and Pierre Luc Thierriault - play - all 3 were fantastic.

Also great a job by Mytabletennis club in hosting the event.

JRS

oscar00 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oscar00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2011 at 8:34pm
itTV has some videos of the NA Cup now.
http://www.ittf.com/itTV
Continental Events channel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic