FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

"Perfect" Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Perfect" Rubbers
    Posted: 03/27/2011 at 9:32pm
I've been thinking about my last rackets and the rubbers I've used on them and I realize what would be "perfect" for me:  a soft but tacky topsheet and a fairly hard sponge with plenty of gears and higher spin potential on harder impacts for the forehand and a grippy, hard topsheet (maybe thin as well so I can actually get to the sponge) with a soft sponge for the backhand. Obviously both sheets would be capable of producing high amounts of spin but "everyone" "wants" that. That not to say anything about reactivity or the blade they're mounted on. The blade would be a separate post, maybe lol.

I'm only stating what I want and not that I'm unhappy with what I'm using (well I am on the backhand, but I'm going to test Moon Soft for that Wink).

What physical properties would your dream rubbers possess?  (No rubbers that play by themselves please!!!  LOLLOLLOL)

Edited by TheRobot99 - 03/28/2011 at 12:01am
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
Sponsored Links

ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2011 at 10:27pm
i want a very fast but controllable rubber with soft sponge and monstrous spin and very high durability
Yinhe V-14
FH:Xiom Vega Pro
BH:Donic Baracuda
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2011 at 11:11pm
What are the characteristics of the topsheet, ninglei23?  Is it soft or hard?

PTTC VP - 2011-12
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2011 at 11:48pm
Sriver EL no glue FH.
Sriver FX no glue BH.
Put it on a Primorac.
Proceed directly to US1700 level in one year with a drilling partner 4 hours a day / 5 days a week.

Or, be like the half of us hopeless EJ's who keep switching gear and stay U1300 for years on end Wink

*It's different to EJ at U1900 than it is at U1300. The former is tweaking his preferences to get an edge, the latter is seeking to find the gear that will get him 100 points easy.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2011 at 11:59pm
I think you slightly misunderstood my question, icontek, and that's my fault for not being explicit enough. Asking for what your "perfect" rubber would be like would have the same answer from everyone:  high scores in speed, spin, and control. What I'm really asking for are much more specific properties of the topsheet and sponge. Physical properties only, if you will.

PTTC VP - 2011-12
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2011 at 12:16am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Proceed directly to US1700 level in one year with a drilling partner 4 hours a day / 5 days a week.
Some of us have to work or make it look like we are working.
Drilling partner?  What drilling partner has that kind of time?  My practice partner has only 2 hours a week IF we both are in town at the same time.

Edited by pnachtwey - 03/28/2011 at 12:16am
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2011 at 3:17am

Well, my needs are similar. Rather thick topsheet (red), slightly tacky, medium sponge on the BH and medium throw. The sponge must be fast. For FH, I used to have the perfect rubber - 729 higher 3 speedglued. Since the ban I improved a lot and I can adjust almost to every rubber on FH and to keep my performance level the same. Soft tacky topsheet with hard sponge works very well for me as well. Now, I play with the opposite. red not soft topsheet and medium sponge (tuning->medium sponge) on my FH side and medium sponge, thin black topsheet, high throw, rather slow on the BH.

Anyway, my perfect BH rubber would be tenergy 25 with slightly tacky topsheet (like spinart is). I had a combination - avalox BT777 with T25 on BH and Grip-s on FH. very good, almost perfect, but T25 went away quite soon. New Grip-s is different from the first one I had. So, everything changed. And the bad thing - the more you practise, the better you are and as you grow up, your needs are developing, so you are still looking for the perfect rubbers and blades ;)
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2011 at 4:34am
@therobot999 i want a more soft topsheet just like my calibra lt sound
Yinhe V-14
FH:Xiom Vega Pro
BH:Donic Baracuda
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2011 at 7:48am
FH BW2 38deg Permanently tuned is near enough perfect for me. Maybe just a little bit slower. BH would be a really soft sponge like nimbus soft or similar feeling with REAL spin, slight tacky topsheet too.

The perfect feeling rubber i have ever tried is boosted T05. A little too fast for me to handle though.
Other than that a speed glued H3 was just a beast. 3 layers only. Perfect FH rubber for me
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2011 at 7:52am

Sriver EL no glue FH.
Sriver FX no glue BH.
Put it on a Primorac.

Or, be like the half of us hopeless EJ's who keep switching gear and stay U1300 for years on end Wink

*It's different to EJ at U1900 than it is at U1300. The former is tweaking his preferences to get an edge, the latter is seeking to find the gear that will get him 100 points easy.
I thought you were a big EJ , I think I had 2 bats and had the same rubbers for 6 years each=12 years

anyhow back to the topic I think I would just like to have the Rakz7 with more grip in the top sheet
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2011 at 5:22pm
therobot99:

the question is right... and relevant!! many of us switch rubbers not because we want to try different... but either the rubber has some shortcomings.. or else (more common these days) the rubber changes too soon or cost goes up, or quality varies batch to batch, sometimes match to match.

if H3 NEO could sustain a high speed level throughout... everyone would have played it. My ideal FH rubber will be H3 NEO national tuned with lightly tacky top, slightly softer sponge than h3 neo, but something to make it last for at least 1 year... so the performance drop is so gradual, that i can play 9 months with it without having to worry about adjusting my game. 

well i don;t play h3 neo national... and prolly wont be playing soon.

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Ryuspin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryuspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2011 at 5:38pm
Can you please explain me this of US1700 etc...
i'm from catalonia :)
BTY Michael Maze Fl
FH: Tenergy 64 2.1 Black
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
alexmori View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexmori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2011 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Ryuspin Ryuspin wrote:

It means an advanced player and looks like this. guy in white is a typical 1700 player

Edited by alexmori - 03/28/2011 at 6:04pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 12:33am
Wow. Great comments.

Does anyone know how the pip structure influences a rubber?  I know that the only difference between the Tenergys, the Hurricanes, and the Skylines is the pip structure, but it results in drastically different results.

PTTC VP - 2011-12
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2011 at 1:53am
The guy in white doesn't look like a 1700 player to me.
There is more than pip differences between those rubbers.  I do think there is something springy about T05 sponge.

Edited by pnachtwey - 03/29/2011 at 1:54am
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2011 at 11:01pm

Sriver EL no glue FH.
Sriver FX no glue BH.
Put it on a Primorac.

Michael Maze
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Proceed to US2200 and then get sick of paying tenergy's prices, and begin your EJ hunt on mytabletennis.net to find a cheaper alternative

:(
snake_eyes View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snake_eyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2011 at 11:39pm
hmmmm, perfect rubber? How about Tenergy for less than $20 or less :)
"If there is no perfect moral law-giver, there is no moral law. If there is no moral law, there is no good. If there is no good, there is no evil." -Dr. Ravi Zacharias

Maze ALC Galaxy Moon 2.0 FH/BH
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2011 at 11:42pm
Why the hat...this is indoors and there's no sun .
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 12:52am
Topsheet like DHS Hurricane 3 Neo wit Calibra or Tenergy sponge. Not sure if that would work how I think it would but I really like brush looping with a rubber that gave the same speed as a Calibra/Tenergy and the spin of a DHS Neo.
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 12:58am
Originally posted by alexmori alexmori wrote:

It means an advanced player and looks like this. guy in white is a typical 1700 player

I've found how impressive or really how good a 1700 player depends a lot on where they are from, how they got their rating, how well they perform in tournament and against different style, how "nice" their loops look, who they are playing, their style, etc
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 1:13am

What a wonderful video - people love TT so much, no matter what the level.
davidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 8:48am
It is difficult to find the perfect rubber.  Blade type (hardness of top layer and flexibility of core), rubber type and playing style makes the finding process complicated.  "Perfect" rubber may nolonger be perfect because of differnt rubber version, blade and playing style.

Originally posted by TheRobot99 TheRobot99 wrote:

I've been thinking about my last rackets and the rubbers I've used on them and I realize what would be "perfect" for me:  a soft but tacky topsheet and a fairly hard sponge with plenty of gears and higher spin potential on harder impacts for the forehand and a grippy, hard topsheet (maybe thin as well so I can actually get to the sponge) with a soft sponge for the backhand. Obviously both sheets would be capable of producing high amounts of spin but "everyone" "wants" that.
PG7 (Skyline 2, LKT XP)
YEO (Skyline 2, Skyline 3)
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 9:14am
Originally posted by davidz davidz wrote:

It is difficult to find the perfect rubber.  Blade type (hardness of top layer and flexibility of core), rubber type and playing style makes the finding process complicated.  "Perfect" rubber may no longer be perfect because of differnt rubber version, blade and playing style.
Very true. But I'm only asking about the rubber given that you have the blade you want. At best, things work synergistically and this is what I'm asking about. It's not a question of what rubber available now is perfect. It's a question of what physical properties would the rubber that would suit you the best have.

Edited by TheRobot99 - 04/13/2011 at 9:16am

PTTC VP - 2011-12
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

I've found that tournaments can be a whole lot of fun if you know a few people there. My last one everyone from the low level noobs (me and the people I hung out with) up to the Lindenwood team (2nd best in the country, some 15 or so of them all lounging about and chatting loudly) had a good time. Some of the young players had groups of friends or family, even extended family, there cheering them on, was a lot of fun.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 1:13am
Originally posted by cls2222 cls2222 wrote:

...... rubber that gave the same speed as a Calibra/Tenergy .....

same speed as Calibra OR Tenergy? Confused

to explain further, are you looking for a fast rubber or a medium-slow rubber?LOL

[..assume you are talking  T05]

Edited by debraj - 04/14/2011 at 1:14am
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 1:57am

Originally posted by Ryuspin Ryuspin wrote:

What? that is 1700 level? he barely moves!

My perfect rubber would be light (to minimize weight) soft (to maximize dwell time and control), and perfectly elastic (not to loose any speed). Unfortunately, that's against the laws of physics, so we all need to compromise.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
spin mistro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spin mistro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 7:16am
I want a rubber that is similar to tenergy, preferably better, and costs less.
From what I have seen, the adidas P3 fits it.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 8:30am
Originally posted by spin mistro spin mistro wrote:

I want a rubber that is similar to tenergy, preferably better, and costs less.
From what I have seen, the adidas P3 fits it.
Lol. Those aren't physical properties.

PTTC VP - 2011-12
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

I've found that tournaments can be a whole lot of fun if you know a few people there. My last one everyone from the low level noobs (me and the people I hung out with) up to the Lindenwood team (2nd best in the country, some 15 or so of them all lounging about and chatting loudly) had a good time. Some of the young players had groups of friends or family, even extended family, there cheering them on, was a lot of fun.
I was wondering if you played on the Lindenwood team.  I guess not.  
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2011 at 5:11pm
my dream rubber for forehand would be very high throw, grippy topsheet, medium-hard sponge. does someone know if it exists? galaxy sun is almost there, but I wish the throw was higher, and it was spinnier. (T05: I find the sponge too soft).
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic