Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy prices go down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2011 at 2:20am
Guys, its actually really simple to tell the difference between the real and fake butterfly rubbers. Essentially, all fake butterfly rubbers that I have seen, besides the cheap price, is that there is a 1-2 mm space between where the stamp is placed, and where the end of the rubber is. Real butterfly rubbers begin with the rubber stamp, fakes have a small gap between the bottom of the sheet and the stamp.

Granted, you can only verify this if the seller is selling unpackaged rubbers (which most of them do)
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Sponsored Links

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2011 at 4:41am
usd 7 to be precise LOL
bleachfan92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleachfan92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2011 at 5:53am
Untrue. it takes more than that to see if its fake.
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2011 at 6:19am
Maybe one could buy a sheet from them and post a review for the fake tenergy Wink
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

ttcyfi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttcyfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 12:53pm
Whatever happened to the apparent price drop that was going to take place after July 1st? I was eagerly waiting for the price drop but nothing happened. 
GO MUSTANGS!
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 12:58pm
ttcyfi...people are still buying Tenergy like crazy...so BTY would be crazy to drop it's prices.  Now the German companies like Donic, Tibhar, and Joola are following suit and are raising their prices.  A couple months ago you could buy Donic Acuda S3 for about $42, now it's $50 everywhere.  We should all just stop buying this high-priced equip and play with Friendship or some other chinese brand.  That would make them take notice...but it ain't gonna happen cause too many people are in love with Tenergy.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

ttcyfi...people are still buying Tenergy like crazy...so BTY would be crazy to drop it's prices.  Now the German companies like Donic, Tibhar, and Joola are following suit and are raising their prices.  A couple months ago you could buy Donic Acuda S3 for about $42, now it's $50 everywhere.  We should all just stop buying this high-priced equip and play with Friendship or some other chinese brand.  That would make them take notice...but it ain't gonna happen cause too many people are in love with Tenergy.

This may be true where you are, but I recently played a tournament and was surprised to see that out of the 50 or so competitors that I spoke with/competed against, only two of them were using Tenergy, and only one of them was a 2000 level player.

In fact, the guy who won the Open division was using regular Sriver. LOL

Most people were using Tensors, the most common of which was Tibhar Genius.

Of course, this was just a small snapshot of players in this region but part of me was surprised not to see more players using Tenergy. I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised since at least three times a week someone new posts on this site "seeking a Tenergy replacement".

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 1:26pm
wow...everyone around my area is playing with Tenergy...or at least the majority of players.  Other popular rubbers are Donic Acuda/Baracuda, Stiga Boost series, and Gambler/Friendship.  Most of the 1900+ loopers however are using Tenergy...but I have converted a lot of people to Baracuda/Acuda. 
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 1:34pm
I see the majority of the high level young gun juniors use Tenergy. I think it's more about following what their coaches tell them to use or they are copying pro players that need a tuned rubber rather than any real reason. Among adults most of the high level players are certainly using Tensors, commonly the Roxon series or one of the Acuda's, Vega pro, Hexer and Baracuda get a bit of a look also, a few people are using Razka 7 / Palio Blitz.

In the more normal levels, the older soft glue sounding tensors are popular like the softer Roxons, the handful of people that are using Chinese rubbers are mostly using one of the Globe 999's or H2.

Overall at serious tournaments I would say half the people at the very pointed end are using one of the Tenergys and the other half a Tensor. Immediately below the very top level, then almost everyone is using Tensors, with one or two on 999 or H2. Lower down there's more softer tensors and a few on Sriver and other Chinese stuff like H3 or Red diamond etc

Edited by bluebucket - 07/19/2011 at 1:37pm
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 1:36pm

wow...everyone around my area is playing with Tenergy...or at least the majority of players.  Other popular rubbers are Donic Acuda/Baracuda, Stiga Boost series, and Gambler/Friendship.  Most of the 1900+ loopers however are using Tenergy...but I have converted a lot of people to Baracuda/Acuda. 

I recently revisited Acuda and I agree--it's very nice.

I tried some Calibra LT recently too. It's too advanced for me, but I liked it much better than Tenergy. Similar spin but much better speed. Calibra is a beast.

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Slade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 1:56pm

A couple months ago you could buy Donic Acuda S3 for about $42, now it's $50 everywhere.

Still $33 at ttnpp. Blitz is a great deal at $28 pre-shipping as well.
USATT 1700 ··· 11/02/2013   ◄ ПЕШ
pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I recently revisited Acuda and I agree--it's very nice.

I tried some Calibra LT recently too. It's too advanced for me, but I liked it much better than Tenergy. Similar spin but much better speed. Calibra is a beast.

I think i'm going to try the S1 or S1 Turbo pretty soon, but I agree...Calibra is a BEAST.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 2:00pm
Inside the states the price will be up because of the ever weakening US dollar
ttrastott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrastott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2011 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Too late... I've moved on Beer
hehe So did I My sweet tibhar genius sound :)
Donic Waldner Senso Carbon
FH Tibhar Genius Sound MAX
BH Tibhar Genius Sound MAX
martian22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martian22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2011 at 6:56pm
update. Tenergy prices have gone from £48 to £53 on most uk tt sites. So tenergy now costs $87 in the UK....greatUnhappy
Timo Boll ZLF
MXP

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2011 at 3:00pm
I've found a rubber grips well and goes for years and cheaper than tenergy!!!!
http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/ts/search/tyredetails.aspx?code=1757013GY9T

Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

ejmeser View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2011 at 3:01pm
Which blade are you using with these rubbers?LOL
*Madridista*

My Feedback
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2011 at 3:12pm
I asked the guy on the phone and he says "yeah there is hollow parts in it and there is also aluminium alloy, so I guess its a stiga aluminium wrb.
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

speed29 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2011 at 7:58pm
Cornilleau pulse rider is quite similar to calibra lt spin, a bit softer. It is not a tenergy like. Very very fast, speed glue effect is very high, the highest I've seen. Older pilot power looked like a stiga boost, new pulse look like stiga calibra.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2011 at 11:00pm
+2 Calibra LT is a beast. To high powered for me to handle. Most mid level tournament players I see are using Acuda S2, Red Diamond, Barracuda, Sriver Series, Mark V, Hurricanes, a few Tenergy's, Friendships, Rakza 7's, various long pips and anti's. For the cost of one sheet of Tenergy you can buy 24 Sport Craft Brand hard bats at Walmart. LOL
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2011 at 12:03am
Originally posted by martian22 martian22 wrote:

update. Tenergy prices have gone from £48 to £53 on most uk tt sites. So tenergy now costs $87 in the UK....greatUnhappy

its because every currency over the past two-three months (and probably mostly in the last month) took a massive hit against the yen. The japanese are very unhappy about the fact that the yen keeps getting stronger and stronger (fewer people will buy from them because of sky rocketing import prices), and have attempted numerous times to bring down the yen, which have in effect, failed. The yen has really remained the strongest currency through the economic downturn starting in 2008: the japanese were probably the next most affected after the US, although now as we see, Europe is far worse off now than back in 2008. But back to my main point, the USD has gained grounds on almost all currencies EXCEPT the yen. I buy a lot of stuff from japan, including stuff like clothing, but I've had to stop, sadly. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2011 at 1:00am
http://butterfly-world.com/index.php?id=7&L=1
Friends,
You all had better to only purchase BTF products from the "reliable" vendors as present in the Butterfly's Partner panel.
It is the best possible way for you not to run onto the fakes of China origin.

Chinese are famous for reproducing EVERYTHING with a great skill, tt rubbers including. So, you would not tell fake BTF from authentic just by visual inspection.
To disclose fabrication an instrumental examination shoul be done on the suspicious rubber, such as Shore's durometer tests for the sponge actual hardness, or comparative weighing of rubber specimens.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic