Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$45,000 Los Angeles Open Entry Form!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $45,000 Los Angeles Open Entry Form!
    Posted: 06/10/2011 at 3:26pm
TO ALL:

The official entry form for our  $45,000 2011 Los Angeles Open  Table Tennis Championships is now available!

Please feel free to forward it to your friends and your favorite National Association!!!  Thanks to all!!!

http://laopen2011.com/enrollment.html

Sponsored Links

BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 4:23pm
This is going to be awesome!

Are you going to put up a list of accomodations nearby? Seriously considering making the journey to the city of angels Big smile
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 4:32pm
I hope you guys have a big turnout. Good luck!
bennysmith1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bennysmith1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 6:41pm
I will not recommend staying nearby. There is one good Hotel 10 min away by car. Find a place in Arcadia or Alhambra.
LowLevelPlayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LowLevelPlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 7:03pm
i would be a good idea if you can update the list of participants especially international players..would be excited.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

This is going to be awesome!

Are you going to put up a list of accomodations nearby? Seriously considering making the journey to the city of angels Big smile

Hilton San Gabriel is pretty nice:

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/LAXSGHF-Hilton-Los-Angeles-San-Gabriel-California/index.do

If you want something within walking distance, Budget Inn is only two blocks from LATTA, three blocks from the tournament venue and four blocks from Gao Jun TTC:

Budget Inn
10038 Valley Blvd, El Monte, CA 91731.  Tel:  (626) 941-0030

I have stayed in this motel before.  It's okay for the money, not great, not terrible, on par with most Motel 6 out there.  The area in general has been a lot safer than before.  I would not be worried about crime if you choose to stay nearby.  That said, there is not a lot of fine dining and entertainment options within walking distance.  There's a movie theater and a bunch of fast food joints, and that's about it. 
If you have a car I'd recommend the Hilton, as it's in the heart of San Gabriel valley where many great Chinese restaurants and shopping are located.  The Santa Anita Mall area is also excellent with many fine shops and a nice mall.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by LowLevelPlayer LowLevelPlayer wrote:

i would be a good idea if you can update the list of participants especially international players..would be excited.

Taiwan is sending their national junior team. 
I am sure many Asian countries will be participating as they are just a direct flight away from L.A.   Smile
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I hope you guys have a big turnout. Good luck!

Thanks beeray!  We are anticipating the strongest field on U.S. soil in years...

Edited by roundrobin - 06/11/2011 at 4:17am
Imzadim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imzadim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 7:36pm
Where is it gonna be held? (what venue)
Imzadim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imzadim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 7:38pm
Oh never mind, Los Angeles Badminton Club. Cool!
mikarlo28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikarlo28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 11:00pm
Los Angeles Badminton Club...Booo Table tennis is the best pls don't talk about Badminton because Table is The main topic!!! :P   GAGO
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2011 at 4:15am
That's formidable. Wish you success in all events!

How much do you expect to collect from fees and how much from sponsors?
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2011 at 4:27am
Start your channel on youtube.. Will surely be following the event if you make it available online, RR... :)
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2011 at 11:18am
Probably going to send my entry form already in on Monday...
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
apflor323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apflor323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 12:37am
Any chance there might be live video feeds online?
T05/Treiber Z/Rasant Powersponge
FEEDBACK HERE
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 1:07am

I'd definitely follow if there were video feeds or even recorded matches just thrown on youtube.

If anything I'm sure pushblocker will record some stuff.
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by mikarlo28 mikarlo28 wrote:

Los Angeles Badminton Club...Booo Table tennis is the best pls don't talk about Badminton because Table is The main topic!!! :P   GAGO
Don't say profanity like gago in the forum coz actually you are  the oneAngryAngryAngry.  Know your facts before you comment because the venue of the event is really  in LA badminton club.
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
ttc537dp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttc537dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2011 at 9:39am
How close the two events?

http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=24600&Category=General&Competition_ID
quote:
Held in recent years in the southern Chinese city of Changsha, the 2011 Tournament of Champions has been offered to the United States Table Tennis Association.
The prospective dates being between Thursday 1st and Saturday 3rd September, traditionally the competition is a two day event.
Meanwhile, the proposed city to host the tournament is New York, the “Big Apple” with the car manufacturer, Volkswagen, being the event’s major sponsor. ......
Sanwei T1091A, H3n+Target
729 L3, PeakPower + Sun
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2011 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by ttc537dp ttc537dp wrote:

http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=24600&Category=General&Competition_ID
quote:
Held in recent years in the southern Chinese city of Changsha, the 2011 Tournament of Champions has been offered to the United States Table Tennis Association.
The prospective dates being between Thursday 1st and Saturday 3rd September, traditionally the competition is a two day event.
Meanwhile, the proposed city to host the tournament is New York, the “Big Apple” with the car manufacturer, Volkswagen, being the event’s major sponsor. ......
It's kind of sad in a way. My inner-conspiracy theorist thinks that this is WAY too convenient for USATT. LA Open one ups the US Open, we will show you for trying to one up us!

I think it's bad for US table tennis though. It's not like the good players are going to be holding clinics for North American youth players or even playing against North American players. They'll just be playing each other and saying "oh look how much better our countries table tennis programs are than yours" and the audience will be a bunch of amateur table tennis players that will be sitting there watching instead of training and playing themselves. Aren't we already watching the rest of the world outdo us in table tennis? I get that we don't get international players here very often so it would be a special treat to have them here. The difference here is that the LA Open was trying to attract international players with prize money that we could actually interact with and play against. The Tournament Of Champions would just be looking from afar. I can do that on youtube.

Not to mention its going to start on Thursday and NY is expensive as sh**

*rant mode off*
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2011 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

I am sure many Asian countries will be participating as they are just a direct flight away from L.A.   Smile

CryAhhh, I wish I could come!

I need Chien-An Chen's autograph...Cry
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2011 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by ttc537dp ttc537dp wrote:

I don't think it interferes at all, if it happens, they are on different coasts. 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2011 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I'd definitely follow if there were video feeds or even recorded matches just thrown on youtube.

If anything I'm sure pushblocker will record some stuff.
Well, I will definetely record some matches when I'm not recording my own.. I'll empty my memory card and internal memory of my camera for  7 hours of 1080 HD footage :-D

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2011 at 11:32pm
If the ITTF event finishes on Sept. 2, the competitors should be able to make it to the LA Open as the OPEN only starts at 6 PM on Sunday.. If the tournament has seeded players that won't need to play the Saturday Round robin, they won't have to play until Sunday, Sept. the 4th. That should give them plenty of time to get from NYC to LA (well, actually El Monte)

minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2011 at 3:55pm
quik question to all, you think if people who is like 1500 to 1900, should join or not, or its just a waste of time of other good player , (open i mean)
minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2011 at 4:00pm
i wonder who is joining? the open i mean.... zhang yining?, liu guosheng?,
cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2011 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Nori Nori wrote:

and his TT shirt? LOL
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2011 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by cls2222 cls2222 wrote:

Originally posted by Nori Nori wrote:

and his TT shirt? LOL

It is quite possible! Big smile
apflor323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apflor323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2011 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by minicd minicd wrote:

quik question to all, you think if people who is like 1500 to 1900, should join or not, or its just a waste of time of other good player , (open i mean)

Quik question.... How can you improve if you don't play better players? Wink
T05/Treiber Z/Rasant Powersponge
FEEDBACK HERE
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2011 at 3:09am
Entries have finally been pouring in at a rapid pace... Top twenty players in the Open Singles are now projected to have a 2600+ rating, headed by current world #12 Chuang Chih-Yuan. 

Late entries are still being accepted, so please send yours in asap!  Smile

http://www.laopen2011.com/enrollment.html

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2011 at 8:55am

Entries have finally been pouring in at a rapid pace... Top twenty players in the Open Singles are now projected to have a 2600+ rating, headed by current world #12 Chuang Chih-Yuan. 

Late entries are still being accepted, so please send yours in asap!  Smile

http://www.laopen2011.com/enrollment.html

Would be interesting to know the total amount of players who registered so far...(only approx... like 200, 300, 400, 500???

Do you know if the venue will be available for practicing on Thursday or Friday (9/1 or 9/2)?

Otherwise, I'll play at LATTA on Thursday...

Edited by Pushblocker - 08/19/2011 at 8:56am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic