Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fake Tenergy 05 (FX) impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fake Tenergy 05 (FX) impressions
    Posted: 06/24/2011 at 9:40pm

Fake Tenergy impressions:

I was curious about these fake chinese Tenergy 05 and 05 FX and decided to give them a try:

- Packaging looks really good, they really copied the packaging, evering looks the same, the text, logo's, stickers etc.
If you look at the description on the back you can see that the text is a little less clear then original packaging, but only a little.
If you have no original packaging you really can't tell it is fake. So be aware when you buy them from unknow sources!!

- About the rubber itself: there are a few diffirent versions: I have the ones with orange sponge so it's easy too see it's fake by the sponge.
The topsheet is done ok, but you can see that the logo at the fake Tenergy starts higher.You can see that this is a low cost rubber. It looks a bit
like a Sriver FX.

- How does it play? Well not that great: it's definitily now a high technology rubber. It plays a bit like a slow Sriver (fake Tenergy 05) or 
like a slow Sriver FX (fake tenergy 05 FX). But for many people it can be a playable rubber like other cheap rubbers.
The rubber also smells a lot; like the inner tire of a bicycle. Maybe the rubber reacts well to tuners or boosters.

- Is it worth the money? Well maybe the packaging and the looks of the rubber are worth something. But it's nothing like tenergy, no spring sponge here.

There will always be people who will buy these rubbers, so now at least they will know wat they can expect. It seems they are also already circulating on Taobao or other sites for around 10 USD ex shipping.

So be aware when buying Tenergy's from China that are offered for a real low price, unless you are aware that they can be fake!

Here are some pics of a real and a fake one: see and compare. Hope this is helpfull Smile

Edited by atin - 06/24/2011 at 10:06pm
Sponsored Links

Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2011 at 12:18am
You would have thought they would at least used orange/red sponge...
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2011 at 12:39am
Thank you for the trouble to buy one and review it for us!
Reiin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reiin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2011 at 2:56am
On the second picture the one the left is the fake one and the one on the right is real?
Back to:
Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: T05 2.1
BH: T25 2.1

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46026&KW=feedback+reiin&PID=571496&title=feedback-reiin#571496
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2011 at 3:34am

Seems so.

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2011 at 3:17am
It is no disaster anyway to attain a high guality Sriver rubber for only US$10, :lol:
And it's more so, seeing that the pseudo Srivers, if being oiled properly, will play much-much better even than Tenergy genuine..
So, I don't yet discard the idea of buying some Butterfly rubbers from the Taobao at cheap prices, some later.   
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2011 at 3:23am

If you have accounts in the Taobao listed Chinese banks, why not.

zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2011 at 4:17am
yeah.. and sriver is lighter than tenergy.. oil it and u get a 'different' tenergy! :p
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2011 at 5:38am
Il will put a few layers of stiga extreme booster on them to see how it reacts.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2011 at 9:25am
Fake tenergy that plays like sriver just might be a brilliant invention.

For three years, we have been hearing people complain that none of the speed glue effect rubbers play like speed glued sriver.

So:
1) if it boosts well, you could have rubber that plays like sriver and outperforms tenergy
2) if people won't question the sound (because it's supposed to be tenergy)
3) if it's $10, you can buy 7 sheets for the price of one tenergy
4) even if durability is an issue (i.e. gets ruined from boosting) it's still only $10

holy cats. butterfly is going to be hurting financially if this gets popular.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2011 at 1:32pm
I wil post some pics about if the tenergy produces a dome from boosting. Im am a bit worried
About the effect the fake tenergy produces, but probably after boosting it will increase.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2011 at 5:11pm
The way to tell if Tenergy is a fake. (does not require the cover unpacked)

A club mate of mine has now reported that all the low-cost Tenergy he attained from taobao marketplace proved to be far heavier than those taken from a European Butterfly distributor.

Here are some measurements he made on the rubbers 2.1 mm thick:
weight (uncut sheet) = 64 vs. 70gr
weight (factory packed) = 82 vs. 91gr

To avoid any deception, just tell the seller you are dealing with to weigh up each piece of Tenergy before shipping to you.

Good luck.
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2011 at 6:22pm
by the way: boosting has no results, the sponge did expand a lot but it didn't ad any extra speed or effect.

@ igorponger: great that you share your information also, BUT not al the fake Tenergy's are the same. They are produced in many places in China and differ in quality and looks.
I have one fake Tenergy 05 that weights uncut 65 grams.

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2011 at 6:34pm
Boosting may not work, since it's probably already heavily boosted up.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
caterpillar_jlu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caterpillar_jlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2011 at 6:54pm
@atin: Could you please confirm my statement: REAL T05-FX (orange sponge) and FAKE T05-FX (red sponge)?
atin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2011 at 7:22pm
Sorry can't confirm it 100% because their are fake Tenergy's with light orange sponge and fake Tenergy's with red/orange sponge. The one with the light orange spong is NOT porious sponge.

It will just be a mather of time to find out how many sort of fake tenergy there are.

But i do know that the chinese can also copie the porous sponge, I remenber once having a Vega Pro witha WHITE porious sponge and untill now never knew if it was real or fake. I never seen these again but it played great

Edited by atin - 06/30/2011 at 7:23pm
caterpillar_jlu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caterpillar_jlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2011 at 7:38am
@atin: Thank you for your response! According to you both of T05-FX in your pictures are fake. And the reddish/orange "porious" sponge T05-FX is closer to genuine T05 in term of physical property (porious), right. If it is true, it makes impossible to differentiate between FAKE and REAL Tenergy if one doesn't have the genuine T05 reference. I bought one Bryce Speed 2.1 and one T64 2.1 on eBay so I am wondering if there is any mean to figure out whether they are real/fake. In your opinion, sponge colour or texture (porious) might be an good indicator to differentiate between real and fake Tenergy? Or the only solution is its playing performance.

Edited by caterpillar_jlu - 07/01/2011 at 6:35pm
Werner2100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werner2100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2011 at 4:36pm
BTY TBS, AN
FH: TO5 Max Black
BH: TO5 Max Red
louisc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2011 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Werner2100 Werner2100 wrote:

Saw this on aliexpress and seems like a good price if they are legit.  Can anyone here tell?

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/475920472-Free-shipping-BUTTERFLY-TENERGY-05-05800-T05-Table-Tennis-rubber-pingpongrubber-NEW--wholesalers.html

I really doubt it. Had a bad experience with alibaba recently. If the seller does not offer paypal as a way of payment i ain't buying anything from him. I tried to make an order now. You can't choose either color nor thickness
Timo Boll ALC ST

FH:Tenergy 05 2.1 Black

BH:Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
Winterhearted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winterhearted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2011 at 8:11pm
There will always be people who will buy these rubbers to resell them as real Tenergy =(
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC CPen
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09c
BH: Butterfly Dignics 05
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2011 at 5:25am
FAKE Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 05 FX

Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2011 at 12:08pm
If they wanna fake Tenergy at least they should dye the sponge the right color...
ejmeser View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2011 at 12:13pm
Liang more pics please! Compare these two fakes, that must be interresting!
*Madridista*

My Feedback
Cho! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cho! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2011 at 1:40pm

I bought my t05 for $60, a couple months ago from a seller on ebay. How can I tell if it's legit or not? Should I upload a pic? It was my first sheet of t05, so I don't have any point of reference to tell if it's fake or not.

Jpen: Senkoh-1 w. Xiom Vega Pro
SH: Expert All+ w. TG3 Neo & Illumina
shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2011 at 3:38pm
i think you have to check the serial number
Timo Boll ZLC
Xiom Vega Japan
Tenergy 80 - FX
Rating: 2065
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2011 at 11:32pm
wow! Nice report - I thought fake copies are in rubber topsheets would be a little hard to produce - hats off to the scammers.

The *&^%$ have done well here yet again.

Thumbs Up
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2011 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

If they wanna fake Tenergy at least they should dye the sponge the right color...

If they make the sponge color same how can we know which real and which fake?
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2011 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

Isn't that what you want when you copy something?Wink
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2011 at 12:06pm

Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

The Price!  Since most of the time you don't get to see the real thing until it is too late.

If you are in doubt of having bought a copy or copies, your best bet is to check with the ITTF site for racket coverings.  There they have a database with semiannual updates that lists all ITTF-approved rubbers with their respective line arts(some with actual photos instead) shown right next to them.

The next thing to do is run an image query of the rubber on your favorite search engine and you should get a handful of pictures showing the actual thing.

Usually one of the first things to look for other than color when comparing is the bottom edge of the sheet.  Owing to the manufacturing process, the topsheets of these counterfeits almost always come with this extra edge extending below the mold(where the text design lies) that is standard on most Chinese rubbers.  The typeface of the mold is also thicker in weight and so the letters are not as distinctly arranged(crowder, less space in-between.)  The texture of the topsheet is also inferior, often with pits spreading irregularly across.  Also for red sheets, the tone is dark and dull.

Edited by zeio - 11/23/2011 at 12:07pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2011 at 7:24pm
looking at that link - they claim it is new - and it clearly got lines across it with those scuff kind of marks you get with Cheap chinese products.

As for the sponge I have never seen the EG - not sure what it means - has anyone else seen it?
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic