FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Visiting Vancouver BC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visiting Vancouver BC
    Posted: 06/28/2011 at 1:35pm
Hello everyone,

I'll be visiting Vancouver BC the week of July 25 - July 29.  If anyone would like to meet for a friendly match let me know.  Rating is usually between 2150 - 2200.  I've been to the Richmond club.  Is there any other good club to check out?

Thanks,
Dave
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 1:45pm
peoneater is the 1 you should play with or against. He's good but he told me that he's also busy playing Softball.
7homuz is another 1 but I'm not sure he's still around as he said that he was supposed to move to HKG to work or to help out his dad's business.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 1:53pm
oops..1 more thing I should add is that, try to be there on Saturday Morning or actually the whole day as there're quite a lotta good players coming in & out, all ages....
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

oops..1 more thing I should add is that, try to be there on Saturday Morning or actually the whole day as there're quite a lotta good players coming in & out, all ages....

What club ?  I'll be there for the first 2 weeks of August.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 2:03pm
BridgePort Club of Richmond, BC., There's another 1 on Hasting St./Sperling Ave in North Burnaby, another 1 not too far from Chinatown, along East Hasting & dunno what street/Ave. Don't be fooled by those oldies there as they kick asses as I was told by my friends.
May be some other Vancouverites forum members can add to what I've just missed.
Where's Peoneater when I need him? Softball season for him I guess.....
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 2:16pm
thanks much tiehwen...I sent PMs to 7ho and peoneater...I hope someone shows up to play me.  I love playing loopers.  I just switched to a short pips on my FH that is hard for loopers to play against. 
You're getting me pumped up to come play in Vancouver.  I haven't been there for 8 years so am looking forward to visiting there and finding some good players.

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 2:50pm
another thing abt Sat. session/playtime is that, ermm..the fee would be 6.00 Cdn for 3 hours but usually if you're sitting there waiting while the tables are full or if you can't find players to play against (may be you're too good for some players or may be some are ashamed/reluctant to lose to you), the owner or Mr. Ma are usually quite flexible. They both know me quite well, as we speak, he must be wondering where the Hxll is that Brunei Guy these days...Big smile. Mr. Ma himself is a SP blocker/hitter/nasty player IMHO, hopefully he's a bit slower now....
Peoneater & 7homuz can both eat me alive for lunches, yeah, I know Peon is back to his MJ & 7homuz is probably using Stiga OC/OC CR w/tuned whatever, he can play Cpen RPB as good as Shkhnd, both are nice gent. & super polite. Also, try bug the duo for their army of friends & team mates, they might dig them out so you could play them, I know 7homuz has 2 team mates who're Persian bro. & they're good players, school is over, summer is here & I think they can come out & play..There're others I can't remember their names....

Edited by tiehwen - 06/28/2011 at 2:55pm
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 3:13pm
thanks much tiehwen.  I visited BC 8 yrs ago and played at the Bridgeport club while there.  It was funny...no one knew me and I think I was about the only american player there.  No one offered to hit with me so I called the winner on a table with 2 of their better players.  I don't think they thought I would be much competition, but I beat both of them so soon after some more players started asking me to play.  I think I played Mr. Ma...is his first name Johnny?
My 2 kids are getting pretty good now so I hope to take them with me as well.  You can view a link of them on youtube at Destodave.  I have a few clips of when they met in the finals.  I think this was from last year, so they have improved quite a lot since then. 
I wish you could play...would love to hit some with you.

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 4:01pm

David Gatiss is another nice british gent. who's abt the same level as Peoneater. DG is a Bridgeport P/T coach. I always see him walking in @ around Sun. noon doing his coaching. He's using Viscaria w/someth'n but he told me nut'n out there could beat his very old thin Stiga b4 the SG was banned. All these good players are into League matches these days yet once in a while I saw them on Sat, rarely on Sunday but surely on Touney days. You might have to phone around (the clubs). Tell them you're an over 2000 rated & wanting to kick some talk-too-much, lazy azzes like me....LOL

Oh yeah, the 1st 2 "victims" should be Peoneater & 7homuz as they both live just a stone throw away. No excuse for them not to show up....Big smile then again, they both could be tied up w/some other things...

Edited by tiehwen - 06/28/2011 at 4:04pm
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 4:09pm
PeonEater sent me a PM so I will contact him when I get there.  I loop with my BH and now have short/medium pips on my FH so they won't like it.  I've been playing with this short pips that plays more like medium pips for about a month now and it's crazy.  I will probably go back to regular short pips in the near future as I feel like I'm cheating with this stuff and no one will want to practice with me. Unhappy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic