Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Acoustic C-Pen] Does it worth the money?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Acoustic C-Pen] Does it worth the money?
    Posted: 07/02/2011 at 9:56am
The Cpen version of Nittaku Acoustic finally is available in Japan. Most models have weight between 90 and 100g. But is it worth 15,000 yens ($185)? Is there a better cpen blade in this price range?

Edited by rpbnakata - 07/02/2011 at 9:56am
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3
Sponsored Links

jasonz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2011 at 10:49pm
no, not worth the money.  I have acoustic and violin cpen.  I didn't find them too special.  I think you're better off sticking with YEO cpen.
Jason Z

Stiga Xu Xin Dynasty
FH DHS TG -60 Soft
BH DHS H3 white sponge pro
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 12:01am
Although I haven;t tried acoustic, I don;t think it is your best option for penholding. YEO, YE, Clipper Wood, OC CR (WRB or Not), are all exceptional blades and are for the most part under 50$
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 12:05am
I agree with the other posts in here--there are many blades better suited for Cpen than the Acoustic, almost all of which liXiao mentioned.

Although, for feel and pure looping the Acoustic is a beautiful blade... but not worth the money, IMO.

The YE is probably the best bet for those under 1800 and the YEO is probably the best bet for those over 1800 (USATT).

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 10:07pm
i own Acoustic and Violin Cpen..
for me, these two blades have "unique" feel... which my other Yasaka , Stiga , DHS, BTY blades do not have that "unique feel"....

TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I agree with the other posts in here--there are many blades better suited for Cpen than the Acoustic, almost all of which liXiao mentioned.

Although, for feel and pure looping the Acoustic is a beautiful blade... but not worth the money, IMO.

The YE is probably the best bet for those under 1800 and the YEO is probably the best bet for those over 1800 (USATT).

I'd say Ma Lin was pretty decent with the YE when he used it to get to the finals of the WTTC back in 99
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

I'd say Ma Lin was pretty decent with the YE when he used it to get to the finals of the WTTC back in 99

Congratulations to him.

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 11:31pm

Congratulations to him.

The reason I said that was because that many blades aren't relegated to low levels of play, and that anyone could use the blade for ultimate successWink
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2011 at 11:34pm

The reason I said that was because that many blades aren't relegated to low levels of play, and that anyone could use the blade for ultimate successWink

I agree. It was just a suggestion (not a law) based on various observations and things higher level players have told me.

The YE is a great blade and can be used at almost any level of play.

Sheesh... Even when we agree, you want to argue with me. LOL Wink

Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2011 at 12:51am

Congratulations to him.

You also realize you can't legally speed glue these days as well, right?
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic