FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Updated Galaxy Blades Table

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2011 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

I was referring more to the random N-6,7,8,10, and two 11's I received from megaspin. There were no special requests there.

Again, the problem is that I should not post anything but the official data - because the fact that there exists a blade with 90.7 g weight means what exactly? what is the standard Galaxy range? is it 90 +-3 or is it 88 +- 3 or is it 94 +- 3?

I could post something like "approx. 89" or "approx.90"... I guess. I would really like to get more data from the community, though.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Sponsored Links

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2011 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I was referring more to the random N-6,7,8,10, and two 11's I received from megaspin. There were no special requests there.

Again, the problem is that I should not post anything but the official data - because the fact that there exists a blade with 90.7 g weight means what exactly? what is the standard Galaxy range? is it 90 +-3 or is it 88 +- 3 or is it 94 +- 3?

I could post something like "approx. 89" or "approx.90"... I guess. I would really like to get more data from the community, though.

I guess I misunderstood the goal/strategy of filling in this table. I don't know off-hand what Galaxy lists as weights for blades I've mentioned. I know megaspin lists weights for each.

Disregard my posts.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
dr_stalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_stalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2011 at 12:20am

Originally posted by dr_stalker dr_stalker wrote:

I have K-4 and V-14.

V-14 is really heavier than K-4.

Blade size and thickness are the same.

Outer plies of koto are the not completely same (such as outer plies of TBS and Timo Boll ALC).

V-14 feels a little harder and stiffer than K-4.

K-4 has a little better "ball feeling" than V-14.

(both blades were testing with Moon 39 FH and Moon 37 BH).

I have heard that where K-4 had a hollow handle, V-14 doesn't. Is that true?

V-14 has a hollow handle too, I think.

But the hollow of K-4 is bigger, than the hollow of V-14.

Blade: BUTTERFLY M.Maze OFF
FH: BUTTERFLY Tenergy 05 2,1
BH: NITTAKU Flyatt Hard super thick
santilohi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote santilohi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2011 at 1:23pm
supongo que 86-87 gramos , pero ten cuidado con las capas exteriores y barnizalas , para protegerlas al despegar las gomas ,pues son muy finas . es lo que dicen quien la ha tenido y le ha dado un 7 de control y un 8 de velocidad ,la serie N muy buenas ,relacion calidad precio . de lo mejor  yo tengo varias N-9, y la superficie de ellas son diferentes y el peso vá de 83 en una a 86 gramos en las otras , y he decir que son una maravilla de palas yo le doy un 10 de control y un 9 de velocidad, tambien he probado la N-2 un poco mas rapida y dura , pero con menos control y flexibilidad , tambien muy buena . . prueba la N-9 y me diras , comparando con la N-6. 
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by santilohi santilohi wrote:

supongo que 86-87 gramos , pero ten cuidado con las capas exteriores y barnizalas , para protegerlas al despegar las gomas ,pues son muy finas . es lo que dicen quien la ha tenido y le ha dado un 7 de control y un 8 de velocidad ,la serie N muy buenas ,relacion calidad precio . de lo mejor  yo tengo varias N-9, y la superficie de ellas son diferentes y el peso vá de 83 en una a 86 gramos en las otras , y he decir que son una maravilla de palas yo le doy un 10 de control y un 9 de velocidad, tambien he probado la N-2 un poco mas rapida y dura , pero con menos control y flexibilidad , tambien muy buena . . prueba la N-9 y me diras , comparando con la N-6. 

Thanks for the input but we'd rather have it in English  - even if it is a "google-translate" version.

Anyways, here it is (with a couple of obvious fixes)

==============================

I guess that 86-87 grams, but beware of the outer layers and barnizalas (??) to protect them when taking off the rubbers, they are very thin. do they say who has and has given it a 7, and 8 control speed, N Series very good value for money. the best I have several N-9, and the surface of them are different and the weight goes from 83 to 86 grams in the other, and I say they are a marvel of blades I give 10 out of control and 9 speed, I've also tested the N-2 a little more fast and hard, but with less control and flexibility, also very good. . N-9 test and tell me, compared to the N-6.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 12:21pm
Also, I finally got a caliper and measured the thickness of two of my T-8s - it was darn close to 6.0 in both cases.

Stoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 5:19pm
How much would you rate T-4 speed - control?
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 6:43pm
From the table in the first post:
T-4      Speed=10.5     Control=6
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Stoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Thanks for the info but i already knew that and i think it is kinda wrong, thats why i asked someones else opinion. I would rate speed around 9 and control 7-7.5. Speed 10.5 seems not fair to me as the 6 for control. Maybe i should start a thread about it...

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 4:37am

See the thread Yinhe Mercury Blades Series

Edited by Imago - 03/22/2012 at 6:21am
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 6:07am
Originally posted by Stoi Stoi wrote:

Thanks for the info but i already knew that and i think it is kinda wrong, thats why i asked someones else opinion. I would rate speed around 9 and control 7-7.5. Speed 10.5 seems not fair to me as the 6 for control. Maybe i should start a thread about it...

The T-4 does have much better control than the stats say and also it is not as fast as they would suggest. I have used one for 5 years+ and would never think about changing. If Galaxy were more realistic about the figures for this blade then they might get more people to try it.

The time when it does seem very fast is when you have a high throw rubber on and you play with a really closed blade. It is not so fast on the flat stuff.

Edited by JKC - 03/22/2012 at 6:08am
gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 7:29am
Originally posted by onurzaim onurzaim wrote:

Nice list. Thanks!

Rosewood and ebenholz substitues could be added but I think they are not available on the market yet.
Yes they are. I have one new Ebenholz substitute with wood case from Yinhe/Galaxy/Milkyway for sale (NE-70).
CHEERS!
Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor Big Stick FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 11:16am
well the t4 is surely a lot faster than t1, t2 and t8. With any rubber. T4 is very very bouncy. For driving and smashing, it could be the fastest blade on earth. for looping, there might be something faster.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2012 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by JKC JKC wrote:

Originally posted by Stoi Stoi wrote:

The T-4 does have much better control than the stats say and also it is not as fast as they would suggest. I have used one for 5 years+ and would never think about changing. If Galaxy were more realistic about the figures for this blade then they might get more people to try it.

The time when it does seem very fast is when you have a high throw rubber on and you play with a really closed blade. It is not so fast on the flat stuff.

JKC, don't forget that two different T-4s might be not too close in their numbers. The only way to slow down mine was to equip it with two Tuttle World#1 rubbers (which are pretty slow ALL rubbers). Even with them on quick loops it was quite fast.

It is in my opinion faster (on average) than T-8 - I would say it is less controllable in short game, pops up the ball more, and really requires specific rubbers so that an average club player could handle it.

pine241041 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pine241041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 8:48pm

I think it's useless to rely on the "official data".  It's not representative of what they send out into the field. Data gathered from what people have recorded is more useful and meaningful.  It shows the range of variation that one might get if they purchase from this 2nd rate blade (and rubber) manufacturer. Dead
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 8:58pm
pine241041,

You might find this thread useful if you don't already know about it: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11043
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
pine241041 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pine241041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2012 at 9:37pm
Yes, that will be helpful.  Thank you.
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 3:16pm
I really liked this thread. Is there a way to update it some. I thought the e-series were clones of acoustic and violin. I was curious which one was which. Also Yinhe has lots of new blades that seem to clone OSP blades.
CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2012 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Toprank Toprank wrote:

I really liked this thread. Is there a way to update it some. I thought the e-series were clones of acoustic and violin. I was curious which one was which. Also Yinhe has lots of new blades that seem to clone OSP blades.

Feel free to post your addition to the table - then I will see what I can do to update it here (and in some other places).

You are correct - there are NR and NW series, there is Qiu Yike blades, etc.

Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2012 at 10:44pm
That was a long time ago.  I appreciate any updates from Jim T or anyone else.  Yinhe has certainly put out new blades since the original blade table, and it's great if we can continue with newer and fresher info. 
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2012 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Brainstorm69 Brainstorm69 wrote:

That was a long time ago.  I appreciate any updates from Jim T or anyone else.  Yinhe has certainly put out new blades since the original blade table, and it's great if we can continue with newer and fresher info. 

That was just a spammer copying line from the second post - but he gives me an opportunity to remind others that yes indeed, a big "thank you" should go to Brainstorm69 for starting this whole thing.

PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2012 at 1:36pm
E4: Violin Clone
E5: Acoustic Clone
V3: IF ZLF Clone
V4: IF ZLC Clone
NR-50: Rosewood 5
NR-70: Rosewood 7
NE-50: Ebenholz 5
NE-70: Ebenholz 7
U3: Clipper Clone
U1-VB: Ludeack Power Clone
E1/E3 VB: Burn Off- Clones

These are just my perceptions by seeing the specs (thickness,plies,etc)

My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2012 at 1:48pm
V14 - TBS or TB ALC
E1 - Stiga Offensive Classic
W6 YE
w5 Yasaka Soft carbon
W3 KLH Special
MC2 Stiga Optimum
MC3 Carbo 7.6
V15 - Gergely
V16 MM

Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2012 at 1:26am

That was just a spammer copying line from the second post - but he gives me an opportunity to remind others that yes indeed, a big "thank you" should go to Brainstorm69 for starting this whole thing.

JimT, I think you put at least as much effort into the update, so a big "thank you" should go to you for the original update to this.  Maybe its time for others to pick up the torch and move it further along. Smile

Edited by Brainstorm69 - 12/22/2012 at 1:26am
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2016 at 9:53am
Hello friends, do someone know head size of venus 16. Thank you very much.
osmar92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osmar92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2018 at 6:31pm
which ones are made of Hinoki as component?
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 9:16am
Galaxy Kiso series is missing. Kiso 5 is wonderful soft blade at 77g FL

Edited by fmarek - 05/12/2019 at 9:16am
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
wappak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wappak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2019 at 3:35am
do any one knows what yinhe blade that has walnut outer ply?
puyol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puyol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2019 at 8:57am
Pro-5W
wappak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wappak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2019 at 9:52am
Originally posted by puyol puyol wrote:

Pro-5W

thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic