FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Viscaria: Low throw?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viscaria: Low throw?
    Posted: 08/04/2011 at 5:09pm
Hey just wondering if anyone can compare the viscaria's throw to other blades.
Its considered to be a loopers blade but the throw is supposedly low. Can anyone confirm this?

If so, would it still be alright to pair it w. my usual DHS h2? Or would that be too low?
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
Sponsored Links

cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2011 at 5:12pm
I just hit with a Viscaria w/ 2x T64 and it had a pretty high throw. Not as much as a TBS I'd say but definitely not as low as a pure carbon blade like the Primorac Carbon or Galaxy T-2. Definitely a looper's blade.
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2011 at 5:23pm
well t64 imo has a higher throw than the h2 from my experience. 
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2011 at 9:24pm

I think the rubber influences the throw much more than the blade does, unless it's a hard, stiff, and fast blade.

cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2011 at 11:06pm
Are you boosting your h2, because its going to have a much lower throw that way (unboosted).

Edited by cls2222 - 08/04/2011 at 11:08pm
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2011 at 11:08pm
no not boosting
cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2011 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

no not boosting

You have to boost your Chinese rubber if you want to bring out the high throw that they are known for, otherwise it will be much harder to.engage the sponge in any of your shots because it is so stiff unboosted.
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2011 at 11:38pm
O boosted some 5 different chinese rubbers recently. They all had lower throw after that. Perhaps because they became faster. Stock chinese rubber has pretty high throw as it is, my H3 is the only chinese rubber that I have that has low throw stock (even lower boosted)
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2011 at 1:00am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

O boosted some 5 different chinese rubbers recently. They all had lower throw after that. Perhaps because they became faster. Stock chinese rubber has pretty high throw as it is, my H3 is the only chinese rubber that I have that has low throw stock (even lower boosted)

Maybe you used too much oil? The rubbers tend to separate from the blade if you use too much, but booster definitely improves the throw because you engage more of the sponge, and, therefore, create more spin.
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2011 at 8:00am
H2 is good untuned, you just need a blade with a bit of pop in it, blades with blasa cores are very good for that kind of rubber. Assiduous, H2 is several inches lower than H3 over the net, it's probably the lowest throw rubber on the market
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2011 at 12:00pm
blade is more of the 'feel', rubbers create the 'arc' you need. H2 whether tuned/untuned or blue/orange sponge has the lower 'throw' compare to its counterpart rubbers. but as spinny in my opinion.
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2011 at 1:01pm

Throw:

High
Med. High
Medium
Med. Low-------> Viscaria
Low

Viscaria and H2 would be an awful looping combination for me.... way too low overall throw Thumbs Down

Edited by pongcrazy - 08/06/2011 at 1:03pm
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2011 at 11:00pm
i figured...i hit a couple times with an old sheet of h2 and the balls seems to go straight.
I ordered a neo to see how it would work considering its softer than the original. 

I do have a h3 neo stuck on it already. the throw angle on that B is pretty high and my shots don't feel as solid. My drives are lacking but loops are more consistent mid distance. 

I wonder if an h3 conversion would be ideal for this blade... played w/ h2 for over a year...hmm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic