FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tuned H3 vs tuned NEO H3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tuned H3 vs tuned NEO H3
    Posted: 08/07/2011 at 3:29am
I am currently deciding whether to switch to NEO hurricane 3 from tuned Hurricane 3. I'd like to know why some of you prefer to tune NEO Hurricane 3 (which already has some tuning) than a classic Hurricane 3. I mean, if you are going to tune, why not buy the cheaper H3? What difference do you feel?

My impression is that NEO H3 sponge stays firmer after the tuning effect has worn out, whereas H3 becomes too soft and unplayable. Do you confirm that?

Also, how do you tune? I use a spoon of Johnson's baby oil with two drops of kerosene (PO).

Thanks

pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Sponsored Links

TheSmaBarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSmaBarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2011 at 4:32pm
Dear friends,

How are you? I am new in this forum. I really don´t know yet how it works!

I was going to open a new topic about hurricane 3 neo, but i saw this topic and decided to post here.(please, correct me if i did something wrong)

I just bought a Hurricane 3 neo and it has 8 edges but with an orange sponge. Someone knows what kind of hurricane is this one? i´ve heard that there is some sorts of the same rubber (national, provincial etc). 

It also came with a kind of paper behind, i think it came already tunned. If it is right, how long the original tunning effect will stay? 

The rubber is just amazing, i am just wondering how will it be after the tunning effect (if it came tunned).

Thank you very much for your attention and my best regards
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2011 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by TheSmaBarn TheSmaBarn wrote:

Dear friends,

How are you? I am new in this forum. I really don´t know yet how it works!

I was going to open a new topic about hurricane 3 neo, but i saw this topic and decided to post here.(please, correct me if i did something wrong)

I just bought a Hurricane 3 neo and it has 8 edges but with an orange sponge. Someone knows what kind of hurricane is this one? i´ve heard that there is some sorts of the same rubber (national, provincial etc). 

It also came with a kind of paper behind, i think it came already tunned. If it is right, how long the original tunning effect will stay? 

The rubber is just amazing, i am just wondering how will it be after the tunning effect (if it came tunned).

Thank you very much for your attention and my best regards

8 edges is commercial version, the kind everyone buys 99% of the time. Provincial has 6 corners and special labeling, national has 4 edges and special labeling (usually a stamp with 2 chinese characters on the package). 

H3 never comes pre-tuned. Not many companies pre-tune their rubbers, the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Haifu. 

I'm glad you think untuned H3-Neo is so great, I thought it was unplayable. 

Edited by liXiao - 08/12/2011 at 4:39pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2011 at 7:21pm

liXiao is pretty much right, but just mentioning this for fun: there were / are actual pre-tuned NON NEO provincial h3 rubbers on the market.  This is tuned at the factory, hence completely legal.  Some people claim tuned h3 provincial is better than h3 neo / tuned h3 neo, I've never compared.  You can find this rubber but its expensive, $45 + shipping, only in 40 degree as far as I know.

chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2011 at 7:26pm
There are also provincial h3 neo rubbers advertised as "pre-tuned" and sold in shrink wrap.  I don't know what kind of tuning is actually used.  SmaBarn, my friend has gone through a LOT of commercial sheets as well as provincial sheets of h3 neo, the commercial sheets only got better for him over time until they wore out, don't worry about any tuning, your h3 sheet will only get better with use!  He's never seen any value in the provincial sheets but I have one now and really enjoy it, I removed the glue layer when moving it between blades and aired it out and didn't notice any difference afterwards (though the glue layer seems to tension the rubber somewhat, maybe that is the tuning?)
TheSmaBarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSmaBarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2011 at 8:46am
Dear friends,

Thank you very much for the fast answer!

I got a little messed becouse the color of the sponge. I have heard that the comercial has some blue sponge(or something like this) and mine (with 8 edges) came with an orange one.

Yes i think it is a great rubber, i don´t know about it tunned (as i can hear, it will be better). The only problem is that i don´t have so much sensibility when touching the balls at the beginning, but after playing a lot with it it feels great.

I think you need to practice with the rubber some days before using it in a championship and reserve it (if you want to have some reserve to use in case of "accidents") or else it will be hard to just glue it and go straight to the game!

Anyway,

Thank you very much again, just an amazing forum!

Best regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic