Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OSP blades clan members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spinnyserve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinnyserve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2015 at 12:25pm
I would like to ask what is the best matching rubbers for virtuoso off- based on all of your experience playing with Virtuoso-?     

I put a DHS H8 on FH, and Tibhar 5Q sound on BH, BH is fine, FH really a little bit too slow and lack of power, probably due to my skill and the rubber itself.     I like the feeling and control.. but speed and power is lacking for competition purpose for my current Virtuoso setup....  or i should look for faster blade...?   

Any suggestion or sharing is much appreciated!
Sponsored Links

ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2015 at 6:41pm
I just purchased an OSP blade and I'm very excited to be joining the clan Wink.

I bought the Immune OX. I'm curious if anyone else has this blade and what LPs you've tested with it.
Korbel
H3 / Curl P1
rajd1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajd1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 5:16am
I have received my Virtuoso Off- yesterday. Can't wait to pair it with T05 and T05-FX. Big smile
...Rajd...

My feedback url: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72846&PN=1#893078
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 9:50am
Does anyone know what is happening with OSP? Their website is now re-directing to megaspin.net 

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 11:36am
Try to e-mail them: http://esp.ospblades.com/terms/
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Try to e-mail them: http://esp.ospblades.com/terms/

I have, no reply after a few days...
rajd1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajd1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 9:40pm
Osp blades rep. is here in mytt

He is Laszlo Peli under the user name PLLSystem.
...Rajd...

My feedback url: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72846&PN=1#893078
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2015 at 12:37pm
OSPblades.com site has back to normal.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
roypnoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roypnoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 10:00am
I think I am ready to buy my first $100+ blade Wink.  I value inputs from the most experience users in this forum.

OSP Ultimate or OSP Virtuoso Plus?

Which of these 2...
- pairs well with Chinese rubbers?
- has more control and more forgiving?
- excels in counter hitting and blocking?
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 10:09am
My opinion:
Playing up to the table for counter hitting and blocking, you need a control blade not a fast blade.
So OSP expert.
If you really like a bit of umpf then Virtuoso.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
roypnoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roypnoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2015 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

My opinion:
Playing up to the table for counter hitting and blocking, you need a control blade not a fast blade.
So OSP expert.

With that said, what rubber will you pair with Expert for counter hitting and blocking?
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2015 at 3:51pm
any of you guys have trouble with small pieces of limba wood coming off the blade face and edge when removing tape and rubber?  I know some of you guys will advise to seal the blade, but I don;t want to change the way it plays at all.  So, anyone else have this problem?
DrBacterius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 4:17pm
Virtuoso family (Customized FL Handle):

Propably, three of the best top-20 allwood blades.

Virtuoso King is for those who can train regulary. Outer ply is more porous than the rest, recomended light water barnish and kindly sanding.
Virtuoso + is the best blade looking for speed/spin/control. Outer ply has top quality. No manipulation needed.
Vituoso don't need more words...

I think that is the best family to spend your money. It can accept most of the needs for most players depending the level and the training. They give all the ranges needed.

Fantastic three!!!

Edited by DrBacterius - 03/19/2015 at 4:21pm
OSP Virtuoso
T8O Max / Ventus Spin 1.8

My Feedback
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2015 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by roypnoy roypnoy wrote:

Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

My opinion:
So OSP expert.

With that said, what rubber will you pair with Expert for counter hitting and blocking?

I think any rubber that is your favourite would do. You may think of using a thinner sponge for even more control.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
roypnoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roypnoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 9:17pm

It finally arrived. My very first OSP blade.Wink
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 10:52pm

It finally arrived. My very first OSP blade.Wink

congrats! If you're smart you'll stick with that one for a while, it's a great blade.

Click the picture for feedback ^
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 11:46pm
beautiful blade. I may have to buy one someday
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 11:58pm
congrats Roy.  Is it S, M, or L?  And how much does it weigh?
roypnoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roypnoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2015 at 9:18am
Originally posted by bschap bschap wrote:

M @ 87
roypnoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roypnoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2015 at 9:20am

Originally posted by bschap bschap wrote:

M @ 87

87.5 grams to be exact and 5.69mm thick.
DrBacterius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2015 at 3:09pm
Great blade roypnoy.

Outer ply is made by high quality material. Remember what I told you about barnishing it, not needed in this blade... Wink
OSP Virtuoso
T8O Max / Ventus Spin 1.8

My Feedback
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2015 at 3:15pm
Nice blade. Good hunting material.Smile
There's no way but your own experience way.
blade OSP Virtuoso / custom Alser grip
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 3:33pm
My new Expert will be used tomorrow for the first time It weighs 90 gram and i play it with rasant grip 2.1 FH and Vega Japan 1.8 BH.
I have had 5 OSP blades until now, this is my third EXPERT,my 6th OSP, now it is made custom for me by OSP. (expert/2, virtuoso/2, ultimate/1)
And i will stick with it, it is for me the perfect basis for my playing style, everything goes naturally, i can play my all-round/offensive style without thinking or adjusting and its basic speed suits me perfect close at the table, while i can whip it up very easily when in 2nd or 3rd position.

So after 4 years of testing  i am back at the beginning.
Let the games begin!SmileSmileSmile
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 3:35pm
how is your blocking with the Expert?  Did you get standard size?
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 3:43pm
Hi
it is custom size, which i did myself with the first expert. Now i did let the experts of OSP handle it….
 blocking is a breeze for me, i mostly block passive and i can put the ball very short behind the net. Also the normal dropshot is a strongpoint with this blade, more than with the virtuoso,although the toplayer of the expert is a bit harder. I think its basic speed allows me to do this.
Or whip the incoming ball right off the bounce which is one of my "trademarks" in my game.
Most opponents are surprised when i do that, i have heard many times…"thats not possible"
when the ball whizzed past themWink
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 2:44pm
Any more reviews on the V'King?
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 3:19pm
To complete the data
Expert custom
90.7 grams
Alser grip
151x158
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
lakatos View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakatos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2015 at 12:57am
Hi,
I would like to ask whats the difference between "Immune 0X" and "Immune 0X Classic" ?
The latter is slightly cheaper but the difference is not obvious from the site's writeup.
Also, anyone could share how fast is the forehand (normal) side  with pimp in rubber?

Link : http://ospblades.com/product-category/pushblocker/

Thanks
Chris

Edited by lakatos - 04/02/2015 at 12:58am
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2015 at 8:10am
I am not sure about the Immune OX Classic, but I have the Immune OX (ST handle) and it is an amazing blade.  The FH speed is similar, I feel, to the Stiga Offensive Classic or a little bit slower than a Clipper, but it excels as a looping blade.  I loop and attack off my forehand--I use Andro Rasant Turbo max on the FH presently--and really love it.  There is decent dwell time but not so much that it makes counter looping or blocking difficult.  That said, the Rasant Turbo is on the harder end of rubbers and I will stick with hard FH rubbers now that we will be using the plastic balls in league and tournament play.  Come to think of it, the FH of the Immune OX reminds me somewhat of the Xiom Zetro Quad for looping/attacking.

The BH is also great--I use Grass DTecs OX at the moment--in that it is hard enough to give great spin reversal but has great slow control as well.  I'm not sure how this is achieved but it gives perfect control on pushes, hits or serve returns.  I was using a Stiga Allround Classic, the Zetro Quad and Offensive Classic before with the pips and the Immune OX offers far more control, disturbance and reversal than any of the others.  The BH side is similar, though a bit harder, to Defplay Senso, IMO, therefore much better close to the table but fine if you need to chop from further away to get yourself out of trouble.

Trust me.  You will not come across a better combination blade.  
ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2015 at 11:36am
Hi Lakatos,

I also just purchased the Immune OX (SQST handle), and I concur with pretty much everything kevo has said. It's a fantastic blade. The FH is great for looping and blocking both...and it is fairly slow. I would rate it Def-Def+. This is different from other combo blades (like the Hallmark Aurora), as they usually have a faster forehand side.
The difference between the Immune OX and the Immune OX Classic is in the backhand side. The OX Classic will have a slightly faster backhand, for more away from the table play. The OX Classic BH side is also slightly softer, which means a little less spin reversal.
Hope that helps :-)
Korbel
H3 / Curl P1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
  Share Topic