Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The good forehand rubber.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The good forehand rubber.
    Posted: 10/13/2011 at 1:09pm
The answer to the good fh rubber is Grip-S Europe soft.

'the softer RPS sponge version of this rubber confers more sensation and flexibility than Grip-S Europe.

The RPS technology (efficient energy transfer means optimal balance between speed and ball curve) is synonymous of pure playing pleasure. Grip-S Europe Soft is conceived for the player privileging mid-distance games, allowing dynamic topspins, a good control and lots of rotations. speed 108, control 90, spin 113. (tibhar marketing).

this time that marketing is right.

Edited by ejmaster - 10/13/2011 at 1:55pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Sponsored Links

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 1:13pm
on what blade, weight of blade ?
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 1:18pm
I have been playing for 2 years with tenergy05 in the fh and i always miss a rubber that can play as a dhs h* blue sponge with tuning and with some of the tenergy performance.

after trying most of the rubbers in the market i kept with t05.

however some time ago i have changed the fh rubber.

the clue was when i saw Liu Shiwen and Guo Yue using Grip-S. I thought 'i do not think Liu Shiwen and Guo Yue are going to change their fh dhs Blue to Grip-S like if this rubber is not very good'.   
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 1:21pm
max sponge?
ok, my next order. any new toys??

Edited by jt99sf - 10/13/2011 at 1:25pm
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 1:23pm
jt99sf. I have tried 1,8, 2,0 and max. and everything is good. i am playing with 2,0.

2 very good news. the quality is very good and this rubber is light but firm.

the sponge is pink.

Edited by ejmaster - 10/13/2011 at 1:47pm
EJ Club.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 1:30pm
this review is a firm review. this is not a first impressions review. i have been playing with the rubber for time.

the rubber overall feels harder than t05. here the word soft brings all the good about soft in the sense of sensation and flexibility and dwell time. this is what haifu bw lacks. and it does not bring none of the bad about soft. in fact the rubber is medium.

what it is surprising is that this rubber does it ALL well. loop with spin, blocking, smash, short game. and the rubber feels more firm and linear than the t05.

it is the first time in years i do not miss anything in a rubber. About the speed the speed is good. i wouldn't like more or less speed. i can give the speed i need without effort.

this rubber is far better than any dhs h* as it is right out the package.

the rubber comes with a factory glue layer but i do not think there is any tuning so one has the performance of the rubber without having to complicate life.

there is a lot of sense this rubber is so good because in fact what they manage to bring in the rubber is something like the softness sponge performance one gets with tuning.

in anycase it is hard to get everything as balanced and as perfect as they got in this rubber. if there is a perfect rubber this is close to it.  

Edited by ejmaster - 10/13/2011 at 1:45pm
EJ Club.

dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 1:57pm
I thought the problem is that it's basically a relabeled BWII and thus the tuning effect only lasts a short while.  That's not a problem for Liu Shiwen or Gue Yue since they can use a new sheet every match.
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

I thought the problem is that it's basically a relabeled BWII and thus the tuning effect only lasts a short while.  That's not a problem for Liu Shiwen or Gue Yue since they can use a new sheet every match.

this is not a relabeled bwII. It is better and different and with more quality.

I didn't realize tuning effect but the factory layer what it is permanent. I used it for 2 months and the performance keeps on being there.

Edited by ejmaster - 10/13/2011 at 2:06pm
EJ Club.

roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

max sponge?

One of my practice partners (former U.S. #1 U18 player) switched from Nimbus to this rubber.  I am not really impressed.  It's spinnier but slower... I feel it makes his game less dangerous and easier to handle, but it could be because I use pips.   LOL
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

max sponge?

One of my practice partners (former U.S. #1 U18 player) switched from Nimbus to this rubber.  I am not really impressed.  It's spinnier but slower... I feel it makes his game less dangerous and easier to handle, but it could be because I use pips.   LOL

maybe in a first impression it seems slower coming from a t05. but giving it some time playing the speed is there without effort. i do not need more speed. the incredible feeling and control of the rubber together with its performance brings equal or better speed than t05 without effort. i test both head to head playing. and for sure it brings very good spin.

i think your practice partner knows what it is good. pips sometimes handle more spin better than less spin.

Edited by ejmaster - 10/13/2011 at 2:40pm
EJ Club.

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 2:51pm
ejmaster... did you realize that you are getting into a habit of counter-posting? LOL

first the ej club counter-post responding to heart club... and now this.. Evil Smile

but anyway it always opens up new dimensions..that's encouraging. keep it up with your new rubber. good that you found it after i ordered hexer hd... otherwise you wouldhave been responsible for my financial doom... Wink
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

ejmaster... did you realize that you are getting into a habit of counter-posting? LOL

first the ej club counter-post responding to heart club... and now this.. Evil Smile

but anyway it always opens up new dimensions..that's encouraging. keep it up with your new rubber. good that you found it after i ordered hexer hd... otherwise you wouldhave been responsible for my financial doom... Wink

well i think i understood your thinking because i felt the same as you. of course one can adapt to a rubber but maybe one can find a better fh rubber to suit.

i do not know if this rubber is the one to fit you because everyone is subjective though i am quite sure you will appreciate some aspects of the rubber. But for me it suits what i was looking for the last 2 years.

it is a question of time you will test it.

and it is a casualty that this rubber comes out just about the time you were giving your thinking about a fh rubber.

in my opinion you have a true point about looking for a good fh rubber that is or was somehow missed in the present market no matter one develops the game to match a rubber. and there is a space to fill between the tuned dhs's bs and springrub. and others.

Edited by ejmaster - 10/13/2011 at 3:50pm
EJ Club.

4ugustu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4ugustu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

the rubber overall feels harder than t05. here the word soft brings all the good about soft in the sense of sensation and flexibility and dwell time. this is what haifu bw lacks. and it does not bring none of the bad about soft. in fact the rubber is medium.

Tibhar Grip-S Europe SOFT fells harder than t05?
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

well i think i understood your thinking because i felt the same as you. of course one can adapt to a rubber but maybe one can find a better fh rubber to suit.

i do not know if this rubber is the one to fit you because everyone is subjective though i am quite sure you will appreciate some aspects of the rubber. But for me it suits what i was looking for the last 2 years.

it is a question of time you will test it.

and it is a casualty that this rubber comes out just about the time you were giving your thinking about a fh rubber.

in my opinion you have a true point about looking for a good fh rubber that is or was somehow missed in the present market no matter one develops the game to match a rubber. and there is a space to fill between the tuned dhs's bs and springrub. and others.

Clap i couldn't have comprehended better myself!! Party
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
ssiew968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssiew968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 8:42pm
There is no such thing as good forehand rubber. It depends on your style and thus everyone could be using different one. If you are a looper, is your forehand loop asian style or european style? What level are u in? If beginner, go for softer Japanese/European rubber. If you are advanced, go for harder Japanese/European or even Chinese rubber which give you more power.
FH:Xiom Omega IV Pro Max
BH:Donic Acuda S1 Max
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC (flare)
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 10:43pm
grip-s europe is too expensive Cry
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 10:50pm
May it be the analogue of Haifu Shark III (older ver) ? Or may be new Shark II ? What Shark has(had)  pink sponge ? 
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2011 at 10:55pm
GripS europe is shark II red sponge. Edit: sorry it's the traction rubber that is shark :/

Edited by bluebucket - 10/13/2011 at 11:43pm
xander7803 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xander7803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 5:12am
hey ejmaster what is the difference b/w grip-s europe soft and the new BW2 red sponge? I have a feeling they are very close in performance...anyone out there tried both by any chance and care to share?
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 6:13am
I´ve recently bought both  GSE Soft and  regular Europe, and all i can say is Soft is a load of crap.  I was using GSE on my FH and GSE-S on my BH. GSE plays pretty decent just out-of the package, you don´t need to apply any boosters nor tuners unless you´re a really good player. Speed is fast but slower than any fast ESN or any Tenergy.

On the other hand,  GSE-S lacks of power and feels dead as a BH rubber (i was testing it on my acoustic) and its a MUST to boost it.  However, i don´t recommend to peel off the glue-layer to boost it, coz if you make an uneven tunning work, this will ruin topsheet  and it´ll lose all its tackiness. 

Europe sponge is clearly harder that 05, E.Soft is nearly the same, maybe a bit harder: No porous sponges at all. I would dare to state that both are the only competitors to 05 in spin terms  (if we exclude classical chinese rubbers, of course). Both rubbers perform like a "moderate-chinese rubber type", so dont think "Grip-S Europe" feels like a euro/japanese rubber, it´s 75% chinese/ 25% euro rubber.

Durabilty is GREAT and topsheet great quality. Black version feels spinnier and more durable than red. I´ve bought them at the same time, and  tuned my red GSES and now it´s dead, however, i haven´t tuned my black GSE and  after 2 months  topsheet hasn´t  got ay marks or evidences of use, looks exactly like brand-new.  

Definetively GSE is my new lethal FH rubber :)

Edited by jonyer1980 - 10/31/2011 at 6:23am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 6:20am
By the way, i also think it´s a bit expensive for 40 euro. I would like to know if GSE share any features with new BW2-RS :)
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
xander7803 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xander7803 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 4:12pm
the nice feature about bw2 red sponge is that is very spinny, great for close table play and absolutely great for counter-looping!!! the down-side is it's a bit slow from mid-distance....
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2011 at 6:51pm
Grip S Europe is just about the best forehand rubber for me.

It is extremely powerful. It can generate enormous amounts of spin. It has outstanding short game capabilities. It is great for first ball attack. It is great during rallies far of the table.

In my opinion, Grip S Europe has it all!!!

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2011 at 6:59pm
Grip S Europe is NOT a Tenergy replacement. The rubber feels and plays differently. Neither is it a replacement for the Hurricanes.

Compared to T05, Grips S Europe is slower yet more powerful. It can generate more spin in most situations. It feels harder. It has an even higher throw angle.

In my opinion it is what Thor's utterly failed to be:

It is the perfect blend of Tenergy and Hurricane!

sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2011 at 8:00pm
what color is the sponge of grip-s europe black?
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2011 at 8:02pm
nice fh rubber High_Arc Thumbs Up

Edited by ejmaster - 11/17/2011 at 8:06pm
EJ Club.

sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2011 at 8:28pm
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2011 at 3:18am
Originally posted by sa01 sa01 wrote:

The sponges of both Grip S Europe red and black are red.

Edited by High_Arc - 11/18/2011 at 3:19am
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2011 at 4:25am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I´ve recently bought both  GSE Soft and  regular Europe, and all i can say is Soft is a load of crap.  I was using GSE on my FH and GSE-S on my BH. GSE plays pretty decent just out-of the package, you don´t need to apply any boosters nor tuners unless you´re a really good player. Speed is fast but slower than any fast ESN or any Tenergy.

On the other hand,  GSE-S lacks of power and feels dead as a BH rubber (i was testing it on my acoustic) and its a MUST to boost it.  However, i don´t recommend to peel off the glue-layer to boost it, coz if you make an uneven tunning work, this will ruin topsheet  and it´ll lose all its tackiness. 

Europe sponge is clearly harder that 05, E.Soft is nearly the same, maybe a bit harder: No porous sponges at all. I would dare to state that both are the only competitors to 05 in spin terms  (if we exclude classical chinese rubbers, of course). Both rubbers perform like a "moderate-chinese rubber type", so dont think "Grip-S Europe" feels like a euro/japanese rubber, it´s 75% chinese/ 25% euro rubber.

Durabilty is GREAT and topsheet great quality. Black version feels spinnier and more durable than red. I´ve bought them at the same time, and  tuned my red GSES and now it´s dead, however, i haven´t tuned my black GSE and  after 2 months  topsheet hasn´t  got ay marks or evidences of use, looks exactly like brand-new.  

Definetively GSE is my new lethal FH rubber :)

Grip S Europe Soft is a rubber to play as it is. If applied tuner or booster one is going to ruin the rubber. The same with the factory glue layer.

I bought several sheets. One of them i got the glue factory layer out and the topsheet (black) deteriorates immediately. the rubber also stalled after gluing sometimes without the factory glue layer but keeps on being as fast.

the red one is as good as the black. the thing is to take care of this rubber because the topsheet and sponge has to be kept carefully.

However keeping the rubber with care and as it comes the gses plays awsome. i do not need more speed and the best thing it has imo is the arc together with the control and the spin. and sensitive feeling. my favourite fh rubber.

performance does not go down in short time. up to now remains the same (+2 months).

Edited by ejmaster - 11/18/2011 at 4:51am
EJ Club.

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2011 at 4:33am
some pics:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic