Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What do you guys think about this combo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
IllSonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IllSonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you guys think about this combo?
    Posted: 10/19/2011 at 6:41pm
I wanted to order a new paddle but before i do i wanna know what you guys think first. The blade is a 729 arylate-carbon fighter. With Hurricane 3 (non-neo, commercial) 2.15mm and LKT rapid speed 2mm. As always, im probably rated 1100-1300 USATT. I have a coach. So yea, what do you think?
Stiga Infinity VPS Legend
H3
Galaxy Moon
Sponsored Links

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 6:43pm
Maybe to fast combo. Try to go with more of ALL+ blade and softer rubbers, to have a cntrol ! You will be 1500 in no time :)

IllSonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IllSonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 6:45pm
that was what i was thinking too, but im quite skeptical about trying new blades. 
H3
Galaxy Moon
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 6:51pm
Well, that is a beauty of buying new blade :)
IllSonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IllSonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 6:59pm
If its okay if i ask, what blade would you suggest?
H3
Galaxy Moon
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 7:34pm
If you have coach,why don't you ask him?
He can provide you with better suggestion because he coach you.

I really want coach like you...Cry
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

If you have coach,why don't you ask him?
He can provide you with better suggestion because he coach you.

I really want coach like you...Cry

Yes.  Ask your coach.  He's in the best position to know.  It will also be good for him to know that you are looking to change gear.

That said, my general recommendation is to err on the side of slower and less spinny gear and to caution people not to expect change in equipment to have much of an effect on their level of play.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 10:23pm
An allround WOOD with Cream Transcent will get you very far, like to about USATT 1600 with the right technique. H3 isn't a fat guy rubber unless you just want loads of spin and not much speed. Try TGII NEO, its faster and will get even faster as you hit harder but is tacky so will load up on serves and have a spinny short game.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 10:39pm
Anyone is this position can do well with a simple combination like a Stiga Allround blade. Globe 999 in 1.8mm on the forehand and Dawei super XP 2008 1.8mm on the backhand. You can easily play beyond US 2000 with that combination and with a coach I'd expect a very rapid rise to US1600 (within months)

Edited by bluebucket - 10/19/2011 at 10:40pm
Elliok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 10:41pm
Sonny, If you want to try out some different chinese rubbers I have a ton of them. I also have the Donic epox power all-around that I used when I first started playing, and it served me well, if you wanted to try it out I would be happy to let you borrow it/buy it. I am assuming your the Sonny that posted about play in minnesota? If so, then pm me, if not, im sorry about the confusion.
Donic Epox Powercarbon
FH Galaxy Moon Pro
BH Galaxy Moon Pro
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 12:07am
why do you want to use chinese rubber in fh? you will only make your life harder.....
as for the blade, go with a 5ply all wood.

Edited by sa01 - 10/20/2011 at 12:09am
Elliok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 12:11am
Originally posted by sa01 sa01 wrote:

why do you want to use chinese rubber in fh? you will only make your life harder.....

What is wrong with playing chinese rubber on the FH?
Donic Epox Powercarbon
FH Galaxy Moon Pro
BH Galaxy Moon Pro
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 12:11am
I don't think there is a H3 non NEO commercial at 2.15mm available in the market...
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Elliok Elliok wrote:

What is wrong with playing chinese rubber on the FH?

I think european rubbers are more user friendly...
at least for the game european type players play.
Stoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 1:06am

I wouldn't suggest Dawei 2008 XP unless you want to improve your technique. These rubbers i found hard to play in a game but great for evolving your strokes. Get the Galaxy W-6, i searched for myself and read great critiques, excellent looping blade - the next blade i'll buy - and pair it with the Dawei in 1.8mm because its a heavy rubber. Not for away from the table play... i believe you can develop crystal-like technique with this setup. Well, at least they helped me a lot.

That's my opinion but my advice is to ask your coach LOL!

IllSonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IllSonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 1:59am
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

H3 isn't a fat guy rubber

Sorry but that made me laugh so hard LOL. But yea its true im fat. Doesnt stop me from moving though as I am still young. Big smile

Edited by IllSonny - 10/20/2011 at 1:59am
H3
Galaxy Moon
IllSonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IllSonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 2:02am

I started out with a chinese rubber on the forehand. It seems to work out more than using a euro/jap rubber on the FH. I've tried it already.

Originally posted by Elliok Elliok wrote:

Sonny, If you want to try out some different chinese rubbers I have a ton of them. I also have the Donic epox power all-around that I used when I first started playing, and it served me well, if you wanted to try it out I would be happy to let you borrow it/buy it. I am assuming your the Sonny that posted about play in minnesota? If so, then pm me, if not, im sorry about the confusion.

Yep! thats me! I'll be sure to send you a pm....... when i figure out how to.... Smile

Edited by IllSonny - 10/20/2011 at 2:06am
H3
Galaxy Moon
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 2:40am
for me the rubbers are good maybe change to an allround blade, stiga allround classic, yasaka extra or primorac 
IllSonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IllSonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 1:39pm
The Yasaka extra sounds tempting.... But im looking for something that is $40 or less.
H3
Galaxy Moon
shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 1:50pm
isnt the extra 38 bucks?
Timo Boll ZLC
Xiom Vega Japan
Tenergy 80 - FX
Rating: 2065
IllSonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IllSonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by shay2be shay2be wrote:

isnt the extra 38 bucks?

Yeah, you're right. My mistake...... It seems like im getting this one then! Smile
H3
Galaxy Moon
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by IllSonny IllSonny wrote:

If its okay if i ask, what blade would you suggest?
My personal favorite: JUIC Kalinic ALL+ or DONIC Persson ALL+
Tek101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tek101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 2:16pm
You are in Minnesota(St. Paul) and are a beginner/intermediate player. I would highly recommend going to Mitch's Clinics during the week and on Saturday. He will help you out a ton and also help you choose a setup. If you want, just go to: Tabletennismn.com. When I started out I used the Butterfly Petr Korbel with Bryce and Sriver. Well anyways hope this helps
|Xiom Ice Cream AZX|
|FH: Sword Long Can Pro Version
|BH: Xiom Vega Asia DF Max
shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 2:34pm
isnt a korbel with bryce a bit too fast for a player starting out? i used adrez grubba with flextra. i think extra with mark v should be perfect for you. mark v is good for everything and is cheap and very durable. extra is a very good all round blade. the combo is like 90 bucks assembled on megaspin
Timo Boll ZLC
Xiom Vega Japan
Tenergy 80 - FX
IllSonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IllSonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 2:38pm
I think im going to go with Yasaka Extra with hurricane 3 and rapid speed. All together is $70 from ttnpp. Smile
H3
Galaxy Moon
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Tek101 Tek101 wrote:

You are in Minnesota(St. Paul) and are a beginner/intermediate player. I would highly recommend going to Mitch's Clinics during the week and on Saturday. He will help you out a ton and also help you choose a setup. If you want, just go to: Tabletennismn.com. When I started out I used the Butterfly Petr Korbel with Bryce and Sriver. Well anyways hope this helps

Yes.  How great to have the opportunity to get coaching or advice from Mitch.  I strongly suggest you look him up.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
shay2be View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shay2be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 3:03pm
h3 may be too tacky to start off with but i think you can get used to it. but it will teach you correct technique. i think h3 will work but dont speed glue crazy Wink
Timo Boll ZLC
Xiom Vega Japan
Tenergy 80 - FX
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 3:05pm
One of my favorites,  I started out with this:

for more control:

Edited by jt99sf - 10/20/2011 at 3:06pm
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
artakwol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artakwol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 4:16pm
I think that Petr Korbel blade is really good, even I think ideal for growing up your skills in the beginning.

You can just start from slow rubbers and substitute them with fast rubbers in the future and the blade will continue to feed you with great amount of control, spin and speed.

I personally like Korbel very much.
IllSonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IllSonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by shay2be shay2be wrote:

h3 may be too tacky to start off with but i think you can get used to it. but it will teach you correct technique. i think h3 will work but dont speed glue crazy Wink

Thanks for having faith in me! Im pretty dedicated and dont give up easily. Smile And i dont speed glue or boost. Too much "things" for it.
H3
Galaxy Moon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic