Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy PROBLEM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy PROBLEM
    Posted: 12/08/2011 at 3:13am
Ok I'm looking for a good looping rubber.

Tenergy 05 or 64 for fh.

Im thinking 05 for FH.

Tenergy 05-fx, 64 or 64-fx for bh.

Im thinking 64-fx for BH.

Gonna use a nice flex blade.

I need someone's opinion. I'm having problems returning serves with T05 for BH side. 
Blades: Donic Epox Carbotec AN 78g/ Jonyer Hinoki FL 72g
Rubbers: FH Tenergy 05 Red 2.1mm/Sriver EL 1.8mm
               BH Tenergy 05 Black 2.1mm/Sriver FX 1.5mm  
Sponsored Links

LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 4:19am
Seems more like a technique problem. You have to read the serve and know how to return it. If you can't read the serve, then you lose the point.
arxidiavol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arxidiavol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 5:00am
Yes, I agree with you because as tenergy spins , it  accordingly reacts to incoming spin.
I compared topsheet spin of Baracuda with my old tenergy and it is even better.
But Baracuda has 42.5 sponge , Genius with similar topsheet has 47.5 sponge.
You may give them a try.

Edited by arxidiavol - 12/08/2011 at 5:36am
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 7:05am
 To return   serves  - only  active ( to impose own rotation ).For example a "banana".
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 7:07am
Originally posted by arxidiavol arxidiavol wrote:

Yes, I agree with you because as tenergy spins , it  accordingly reacts to incoming spin.

This is absolutely correct, and why players of mid and lower levels struggle to control it.
The Older I get, The better I was.
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 7:19am

Emoticons

Edited by viktorovich - 12/08/2011 at 7:37am
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 11:38am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

This is absolutely correct, and why players of mid and lower levels struggle to control it.

How come I like it, I'm lower level, but love the T05
The holy grail
LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 12:11pm
Even if you use a hardbat, you will still be affected by spin and have to be able to read it. I know because the people I play with use hardbats and the ball still kicks off in random directions. Fortunately most people don't know how to add much spin to their serves, but against better players, if you can't read the serve, then you lose the point. Simple as that.

I also use to play with nonspinny short pips and receiving serve as the same thing basically. You have to read the serve or the ball is gone.
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 12:29pm
It's not that I can't read the spin, it's that if they do a backspin serve, I have to push hard or loop high with 05.
LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by A Touch A Touch wrote:

It's not that I can't read the spin, it's that if they do a backspin serve, I have to push hard or loop high with 05.

If you watch the pros receive Ma Lin's short and half-long backspin serves, they hit the ball upwards, as if scooping it up. It just takes a lot of practice receiving serves.

Yes T05 is very reactive to spin during passive strokes (more spin resistant in other situations). You can try short pips on the backhand. Receiving serves is still similar, but it may reduce errors.
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by LGL_fan LGL_fan wrote:

they hit the ball upwards, as if scooping it up.

Yes, one must be careful not to bounce it too high. I find that if it put the T05 almost horizontal under the ball the back spin will shoot the ball back over the net after hitting the paddle.   The ball will bounce up about half as far as it falls to hit the paddle so only a very gentle nudge upwards just to get the ball to bounce up over the net is needed if the serve is low.   It took me too long to learn that. If the ball doesn't have as much back spin as I thought I am in trouble.   Reading the spin is vital. On faster serves I have found that I can usually just put the paddle in the way at an extreme angle to counteract the spin and I get a good return that stays low and has a spin all of its own because the ball hit my blade at an extreme angle.

It just takes a lot of practice receiving serves.Yes T05 is very reactive to spin during passive strokes (more spin resistant in other situations). You can try short pips on the backhand. Receiving serves is still similar, but it may reduce errors.

T05 is a two edge sword that will cut you as quickly as the other guy unless you know how to swing it.   I have found that it is best not to make passive strokes because you are totally at the mercy of the others guy's spin.

I have 802-40 1.8mm on the BH of my TBS+T05. SP on the BH kind of like training wheels for serve returns. It keeps me in the game.   Anti, MP, LP, even a hard bat makes it much easier to return serves too.

LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 4:14pm
Yeah, going to Tenergy made serve returns pretty tough for me for too long, but eventually I've been figuring it out and now I can return serves pretty well with it so long as I can read the spin.

I find H3 more spin resistant than T05 for serve returns, but it's easier to loop the longer backspin serves with T05 (actually I use T64 on the backhand) than with any other rubber. It's like, once you engage the sponge, you can almost ignore whatever spin is on the ball. In this sense, for active strokes, T05 is actually quite spin resistant.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 4:14pm
25 FX may be
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
speed29 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 4:25pm
Both T64 and T05 are sensitive to incoming spin.
I never tried T64 but it is supposed to be les sensitive to spin.
New generation tensors (hexer, genius, rakza 7, hexer hd...) are less sensitive to spin.
But tenergies are a bit better for top spin play. Hexer hd (very last generation) is good also but it is harder.
Blade : TBS
Rubbers : sriver g3 fx 2.1 BH/FH
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 5:41pm
T05 is an awsome rubber for BH spin flicks, opening BH loops, BH counters, BH blocking, cutting the ball, and hitting. T05 sucks rocks if you just hold the bat there, but a lot of rubbers suck doing just that.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

T05 is an awsome rubber for BH spin flicks, opening BH loops, BH counters, BH blocking, cutting the ball, and hitting. T05 sucks rocks if you just hold the bat there, but a lot of rubbers suck doing just that.
+1
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

How come I like it, I'm lower level, but love the T05

You are obviously not as 'low' as you think.Wink but the truth is, its fine for all levels if you give enough time to adapt, and actually, I have to say, some players at a higher level, with a more ingrained game, struggle to adapt to incoming spin. Its reasonably governed by style, if you like to hit quickly against topspin, you will have problems with Tenergy, If you like to use topspin, and counter loop, its an absolute dream.
My game is largely based around spin looping, I used speedglue for 20+ years, when Sp/glue was banned i tried lots of rubbers, but I took to Tenergy Immediately.
The Older I get, The better I was.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2011 at 9:45pm
Sadly, after using T05 for several years now, I hate everything else I try.
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2011 at 3:21pm
So tensors are better to return serves, but are harder? If i bought say a Timo Boll ALC and put Hexer HD on BH and T05 FH, would it be too hard with BH? In matches I loop, topspin and block with FH and push, block and hit with BH. If I do consider tensor rubbers, I would like some opinions.
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2011 at 3:23pm
If I do get tensor, I would get 64 FH and Hexer HD (or tensor) BH. Is the weight of Hexer HD heavier than 64? Because I like to loop. Also, hardness comparison?
LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2011 at 3:30pm

If I do get tensor, I would get 64 FH and Hexer HD (or tensor) BH. Is the weight of Hexer HD heavier than 64? Because I like to loop. Also, hardness comparison?

HexerHD is significantly harder and heavier than T64.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2011 at 3:44pm

So tensors are better to return serves, but are harder? If i bought say a Timo Boll ALC and put Hexer HD on BH and T05 FH, would it be too hard with BH? In matches I loop, topspin and block with FH and push, block and hit with BH. If I do consider tensor rubbers, I would like some opinions.

If your BH is push block and hit, why would you need max thickness? Max is a good thickness for those who predominantly loop and won't help any of serve returns except for flick.

If you push, block and hit with BH, thinner sponge should help. Some of the modern tensors are great at serve receive, but how fast or how spinny might be level dependent. Softer Tensors are better at flick/flip than harder ones and are more forgiving in general.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
A Touch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Touch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2011 at 3:36pm
bumppps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic