Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New - Xiom Hayabusa Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 1:36pm
bbkon, my friend plays clipper and my ZXI blade is about the same speed as his clipper  (mine has better control though, especially close to the table) The rest of Hyabusha list will be slower than ZXI -  Just keep this in mind.

Edited by iakovka - 11/25/2014 at 1:37pm

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
Sponsored Links

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by iakovka iakovka wrote:

bbkon, my friend plays clipper and my ZXI blade is about the same speed as his clipper  (mine has better control though, especially close to the table) The rest of Hyabusha list will be slower than ZXI -  Just keep this in mind.

do you think has a better feel bounce?  what do you think zxi can do that clipper cant?
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2014 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

do you think has a better feel bounce?  what do you think zxi can do that clipper cant?

ZXI is lot faster in mid to high power swing. In table game touch, both are not big different.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2014 at 1:46am
They can do same things but differently.

Clipper has more vibration so I personally have less comfort blocking or hitting with it. I also less comfortable flipping with Clipper vs. ZXI. ZXI has much bigger sweet spot.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 3:38am

They can do same things but differently.

Clipper has more vibration so I personally have less comfort blocking or hitting with it. I also less comfortable flipping with Clipper vs. ZXI. ZXI has much bigger sweet spot.

What about the feel when flat hitting? i know many fast blades  are fast but they feel hollow like primorac carbon
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 5:18am
I thought it was the strad that is closest to TBS/TBALC/Viscaria in terms of feel?
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

tomkei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomkei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 5:47am
i have zx, and previously was using tbs. what i can say, tbs works better with hard rubbers. zx with medium or soft. overall zx is a bit slower and stiffer, but with a bigger sweet spot and better control in my point of view :)

Edited by tomkei - 11/28/2014 at 5:48am
xiom vega euro,sigma2pro,el-p
xiom vega pro
mizutani zlc,t05fx,r53
mizutani zlc,h8mid,rakza9

My Feedback
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 9:45am
The head coach in my old TT Club in Korea one day broke out a ZXi for her main bat for lessons, I had a hit with it and it was sweet I tried only the FH rubber, Sigma I Euro. Looping machine.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 11:23am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

TBS/TBALC/Viscaria  despite their similar composition they don't feel the same.

what I meant is if you want more speed coming from the TB ALC, switching to the ZXI will be immediate and easy, you will not face a steep learning curve.

I have to disagree with your last  statement as it took me quite a while to to get used to ZXI after TBS ( same as TB ALC with a bit heavier head vs handle balance). Spin came quite naturally but smashing and blocking took some time to adjust.
(It works just marvelously now though) 
TBS, same as TB ALC, they don't have this flex that ZXI has, they feel like one, non-vibrating piece in hand - this is a very easy feeling for blocking, in my opinion. Maybe a bit less variation.

Anyway, after many years with TBS it took me quite a while to get used to short smashing and blocking with ZXI. 

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 4:21pm

I have to disagree with your last  statement as it took me quite a while to to get used to ZXI after TBS

Some are sensitive. And some are not and may be experience with changing the blades often help to tame in new blade fast.

Changing from Vis/TBS or TBALC to ZXI is nearly right on. ZXI's throw angle is little lower and more rigid. (not sure why you feel ZXI has more flex.)
Vis or ALC feel softer, more control. ZXI is faster.

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 9:17pm
ZXI is faster indeed. Also feel the same about control, but marginally. 
About "rigid", I think, on hits and blocks ALC feels less elastic in its reaction to the ball (never tried Vis but would assume the same). This elasticity/flex of ZXI is what I had to adjust to.
This elasticity/flex actually contributes a lot when spinning from mid or far distance. There is no harm in it from short distance.
I don't say blocks and smashes are worse but they require adjustment, at least that it how it was for me.

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2015 at 11:38am
am i grave digging? no, I just want to put in my 2 cents. I went from 729 Bomb to 19 ply sanwei to strad to hayabusa ZXi. Ive touched roosewoods, I've touched innerforce. Never gave me the feel of Strad or ZXi. I always get compliments on my blade at NCTTA. People just want to look at my handle lmao.
All Jokes aside, Sigma II Pro on forehand and Omega IV pro on backhand is the best combo for any xiom Blade. My 1.5 year old Sigma II pro is on my 729 bomb and last night i used it again, Im taking it off to put it back on my Hayabusa. Replacing a year old Omega IV pro on my forehand. My BH will still be Omega IV pro.  Same combo was superb on Strad. Always get MAX. It's worth the extra few grams. It'll save you on mid to long range gameplay. Trust me.  I used to have a hard time returning serves of 2400+ at one point. But those days are ovah!
Time for a Revolution! Either you live as one, or die as individuals.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 1:01pm
believe it or not, I just read through the entire 8 page of posts. 

Is everyone who were raving about their Hayabusas still using them today or is there a new favorite in town?

I want to join the EJ by getting one. My WSC is great, its just not fast enough.

FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 2:04pm
Xiom, have launched the Vega series some time back, is cheaper and have better feel.  I tried the Euro.  It is overall better than the 2 Hayabusa I had.  They have came out with the Omega series recently but I don't know how they are.
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 2:13pm
I can only compare the power and speed of what I used, so Its T11+ vs WSC.

T11+ the speed I wanted, but poor control and poor power due to hallow balsa and light weight.

WSC, 60% speed of T11+, 300% of control and 200% power. 

I tried Axelo and its good to replace WSC but Axelo is made in China, so no way Im getting it with that fact.

Hayabusa is cheaper than the Vegas or the Omegas on this site I go to.  

What Hayabusas did you have and how much is your Vega?

Edited by ahsq - 06/04/2015 at 2:15pm
FS:

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 2:28pm
I got my Xioms at TT11, currently before discount ZXi is 141 USD and Vega Euro and Pro is 124 - The Tour came out after and is more expensive but I did not consider that one as I have not tried or read about it. 
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 2:38pm
I go to the same site, I was thinking the Z+ special sale at 25% @ $78 no tax. The cheapest Vega Pro I find is $96. 

I was thinking to get the Ludeack Fleet for $115, but then backed out when tt japan has the same price thus not enjoying a deep discount as I want to.

Unfortunately Z+ is fawking sold out. I feel bad I didnt get it last night.

Edited by ahsq - 06/04/2015 at 2:47pm
FS:

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 3:36pm
I have a hayabusa zxi still. Prefer it over my vega pro. Idk I find it to be more powerful 6/7 ft off table. On table theyre about the same. Maybe vega pro is a notch slower. My zxi is better and faster at flicks and loops.
Im selling my vega pro with little to no use ST for 80 shipped.

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 3:37pm
Vega pro's jointless wood might be something some people might be after. Not me haha

And zxi has a better feel imo. Faster than and controllable just as much as vega pro.

Edited by asifgunz - 06/04/2015 at 3:40pm

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 3:44pm
don't worry about the special , the Z+ is 124 before discount, same as the Vega Euro and Pro.  On special it is 25% off.  You could get 30% if you buy (retail) 300$ and 20% for $200.  I had the Z+ also.  Mine was a bit light at around 79g.  By design it does not have carbon, just fiber.  At its time, the Zxi was more popular.  I found it sharper and more destructive than the Z+ which is a easier playing blade.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 3:53pm
there you go, ahsq and asifgunz, meet in some dark alley and the deal could go down 
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 3:57pm
the problem with me is that I cant find enough reasons to buy $300 for 30% discount without having other people to buy with me. 

With $300 worth of rubbers it would take me years to go thru because these rubbers last for ages and I take care of them after every game. 

FS:

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by ahsq ahsq wrote:

the problem with me is that I cant find enough reasons to buy $300 for 30% discount without having other people to buy with me. 

With $300 worth of rubbers it would take me years to go thru because these rubbers last for ages and I take care of them after every game. 

the blade should account for almost 50% , all you have to do is buy 3 or 4 rubbers
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 10:16am
Truth be told ahsq has a point there. I was in dire need after my stradi, so I bought the blade. I think I will always keep my zxi. Some say its stiff. But the amount of spin she exerts on the ball is enough to put my opponents and me at awe.

t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2015 at 2:43am
ZXI is just awesome.
the feeling however its quite different from all other carbons.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
hidasjoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hidasjoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2015 at 4:44am

Hurricane 8 Max and Nittaku Beautry short pips max, still lite as a feather with loads of power LOL
<3
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2015 at 3:57pm
I'm using a Z+, replacing my T-11+.  It has better feel in the short game, and is easier to produce spin on most shot.  I have Donic Bluefire M2 Max (and a sheet of JP02 Max) on the blades, and couldn't be happier.  I use various medium pips currently on the other side.

There was of course some adjustment coming from the extremely light T-11+, the 3 Z+ blades weight in at about 77.4-79 gms.  Touch is exceptional, and of course feel is improved much softer, compared to the balsa carbon T-11+.  

It's a fast enough setup for my level of play, maybe not as fast as the T-11+ on kill shots, but how many times do you get to do that shot in a competitive match?  For looping I'd rather have the Z+, and the same for almost all other shots.  
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2015 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by ludo ludo wrote:

Great info about the main differences (plies and wood) of all Hayabusa blades here:

Don't suppose anyone can translate the rest of the chart that isn't in english?

Thanks in advance.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic