Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TG3 Neo & H3 Neo first impressios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TG3 Neo & H3 Neo first impressios
    Posted: 03/17/2012 at 10:37pm
most of you guys are well familiar with these rubbers but today i got to play with them all day and i got to say for me the TG3 Neo produces more spin than H3 Neo but that can be different with different people and level of techniques anyways:

SERVES: i could produce more spin on serves with the TG3 Neo than the H3 Neo but just slightly either way i could put tons of spin on serves with these two than with my calibra lt spin, it was a breeze to serve with these two rubbers, short and long serves, receiving serves was great although i find my calibra lt spin easier... maybe cause of the tacky top sheet on TG3 and H3 Neo? but it wasnt bad at all and no problem but if you dont know how to read spin serves i guess it could be a problem.

Short Game: definitely easier than both of my calibra, i was putting a lot less effort to keep the ball in the table and im pretty sure its cause calibra its a lot faster and bouncy than TG3 and H3 Neo, pushes and blocks were awesome and easy, im not a chopper but i found it pretty good also and with lots of spin.

Loops and Counter Loops: just one word "HA!" the great arc these rubbers produce make loops enjoyable to the max and counter loops also hehe, 

it took me a solid half hour to adapt to these rubbers, at first i wasnt producing much spin with it and i had to change my stroke to produce spin, my first impressions are great and im looking foward to play with these rubbers tomorrow again but im not sure if i want to sacrifice the speed of calibra yet, i have to put these rubbers in a faster blade and see how i like them, i like calibra a lot because they produce a decent amount of spin and great speed and with that combination it is easier to me to find a open spot to attack my apponent but then again i was playing with this dhs rubbers in a lot slower blade than my maplewood nct 7 so im pretty sure that if i put them in a equal blade i will like them even more, either way they arent dead slow they have enough speed to attack and lot of spin so with a good spin attack to a out of position spot will definitly win a point, also be aware!! they pick up dust like no other rubber i have seen and that is because of the tackiness of the rubber, on another note dont clean them with a cloth or microfiber it left tiny particles on the rubber instead use a sponge like the stiga one or any equivalent.

face to face with my calibra well i though a couple things spins on serves are a lot easier, when you need to be short this rubbers will do that and when you need to be fast they will do that so its almost good in all aspects now calibra at first can be difficult to do that but when you spend time with the rubbers you will be able to do that too its just that with TG3 and H3 Neo you can do that as soon as you start playing with them (assuming you are not new to TT) now spin wise during rallies calibra can put tons of speed if you hit hard that means if you hit slow it will still produce spin but not as much as TG3 or H3 Neo, overall they are great rubbers.

i think you can achieve almost anything with any good quality rubbers as long as you get to know how they work and spend time playing with the rubbers and practicing its just that some rubbers are easier to use in some areas that others but if you try hard you can achieve almost anything! any questions i will try my best to answer, and sorry but no cant compare to tenergy since i havent tried those yet but those are my next target hehe but probably someone else can compare this to other rubbers that i cant so dont let that stop you to ask! oh and both are in 2.15 sponge and the blade says OFF but honestly felt like a ALL in speed

Sponsored Links

mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2012 at 11:46pm
with your playing style which do you prefer? tg3 or h3? and by saying you changed your stroke what do you mean exactly, i mean what was your technique before when you used calibra and your preferred technique when you used tg3 or h3 to produce more spin? 

Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 12:04am
i liked more tg3 and i had to stroke faster at contact to produce a decent spin almost full arm swing as with calibra i never had to do that to produce decent spin, i guess is more of a upward motion and with calibra i do a angle of up and foward swing, im probably not used to the rubbers yet since i only got to play with them today, tomorrow i will play with it again and i liked tg3 neo more cause of the advantage in serve but in rallies is not much of a difference really i could be wrong but with the time i have played today i found that they almost have same characteristics just a few difference like tg3 more spin but h3 neo a bit faster also its weird cause the sheets i got the h3 neo is a little bit more sticky so i though it produce more spin but when i tried them was another story
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 12:37am
What is your set up now? i mean do you use? tg3 on FH and calibra on BH or tg3 on FH and H3 on BH? 

My brother prefers TG3 over H3, but i like H3 more, i guess we are opposite on our experience because i can produce more spin using H3 rather than TG3 and for me H3 is more forgiving and user friendly but that is just my experience because in our club you can also get mix responses some like TG3 better and some do prefer H3
Viscaria

mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 12:41am
can i ask what is this blade that you are using?
Viscaria

GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 5:51am
Having tried both these rubbers recently they are not bad to play with. I would say they are easy to use but simply can't match the ultimate performance of a good modern tensor.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 1:24pm
blade was yinhe mc-2 was using tg3 fh and h3 neo bh, and i have seen players that play better with h3 than tg3, so its not weird i guess its user preference with this two rubbers? but i definitely like this two for the short game more than my calibra lt spin  
HowToPlayChineseLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 3:02pm
Haha. There are a hundreds of chinese H3, TG3 types and they are all differents.
So, you used a commercial ? pronvincial ? national H3 Neo, TG3 Neo ?

Where did u buy them ? ttnp ? blue or orange sponge ? hardness ?

All the chinese rubber is 2.2, and I feel strange when u said 2.15 mm thickness ? may by yours is fake ? :D

Handshake
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 5:35pm
megaspin.net orange sponge and dhs america sell it in 2.0mm
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 10:05pm
You can find the NEO's in 2.15 or 2.2
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 10:08pm
and they play great and from megaspin i doubt they are fake
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2012 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

You can find the NEO's in 2.15 or 2.2

yeah its true, its available in 2.0, 2.15 and 2.2
Viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic