FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Adidas Avenger Blade Series!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 3:31am
sorry haven't had the chance to use barwell
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2014 at 3:27am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

tried teh ovtcharov senso, its not that fast

Which one has better ability for looping? I know that the throw is more come from the rubber, but how about if I pair av7 with Rakza 7 (FH) and adidas P7 (BH)? 
DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2014 at 5:06am
i'd use the P7 as my forehand and rakza 7 as my backhand if you will ask me. i find the av 7 better on smashes and drives, i like the av5 better for looping. you'll find the av7 more stiff than the ovtcahrov senso since the outer plies are walnut and the ovtcharov has colored limba outer plies??? not sure
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2014 at 5:10am
Octcharov Senso V1 has walnut outer layer same as av7. But the composition inside is different where av7 has thicker ayous core and OSv1 distributed almost evenly.. how does this will effect the feeling and speed you think?
DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2014 at 8:24am
probably the av7 will be stiffer due to the thicker core. if i am not mistaken the ovtcharov balde is very identical to the former waldner lagona blade and i found the blade to be ok in looping but its more on the smashing and loopdriving side than just pure looping.

dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 8:52am
How does the avenger 5 compares to nittaku acoustic? Are they very similar? what are their differences? :)
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 10:10am
danny, avenger 5 is very much different because it is stiffer and has a walnut outer ply compared to the acoustic. the nearest blade is can compare to the Av5 is the Yasaka Extra Offensive

Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 10:12am
Master Yogi, do you think the AV7 pairs well with H3 neo?
chroot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chroot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Machine_Head Machine_Head wrote:

Master Yogi, do you think the AV7 pairs well with H3 neo?

I am using AV7 with H3 Provincial (40, 2.2mm) on FH. Very nice combination. However, I'm still looking for my BH rubber on this blade. Have tried several BH rubbers I normally like, but none of them works well on AV7.
BTY Viscaria 90g
DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, 39/2.1
BTY Tenergy 05 1.9

My Feedbacks
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 10:26am
i ahve not tried the av7 with the neo h3 but with the globe 999 national and it played very well

Pongz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 1:47am
Consistent with the 'Hulk' theme, i put a green sleeve grip unto my Adidas Avenger 7...

I only played it once, it was outstanding from the start, it exceeds all my expectation. I thought I will start poorly with a new blade and a two weeks break.....

It is 7 ply but doesn't play like Clipper.. I was intrigued by the walnut outer ply and thicker inner core composition... the best way to put it, imho, the feeling is like the hinoki carbon 3 ply like Gergely, Primorac Carbon or Sardius but without the Carbon non-linear effect... what I mean is that it is stiff and solid excellent for blocking, but it is quite soft when you loop... best of both world.. Also another different, with walnut, it is quite crispy for smashing too not like mushy hinoki..

Cheers

Butterfly Sardius
FH Donic Barracuda
BH Tibhar MX-P
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 2:26am
a bit heavy because of the dhs h3

Pongz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 3:17am
No, Yogi.... perfect weight for me.... I used skyline 2 neos for both sides... The blade itself is 88gr... If the setup is too light, then it won't be as solid as now... it will probable vibrate...
Butterfly Sardius
FH Donic Barracuda
BH Tibhar MX-P
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2015 at 9:47am
how big is handle on Avenger Carbon? same as TB ALC or thicker,longer?
thanks
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2015 at 2:23pm

It sounds like AV5 is much like my Stiga OFF CR. I have heard many great comments about the Avenger 5.

I'm in love with my blade. Perfect everything.

The quality of Adidas blades looks superior. Now I need an AV5.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Pongz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 4:29am
I don't have TB ALC but I have TBS... My Adidas Avenger 7's handle is thicker than my TBS... Almost the same thickness as my Primorac Carbon... All in FL...
Butterfly Sardius
FH Donic Barracuda
BH Tibhar MX-P
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 5:13am
the AV5 is actually closer to the YEO than the OCR

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 5:46am
Originally posted by Pongz Pongz wrote:

I don't have TB ALC but I have TBS... My Adidas Avenger 7's handle is thicker than my TBS... Almost the same thickness as my Primorac Carbon... All in FL...

is it as thick as Viscaria?
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 9:42am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

the AV5 is actually closer to the YEO than the OCR

Thanks yogi, you gotta love those walnut veneered blades. YEO is probably a bit faster than AV 5 even though the composition is similar.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 9:57am
yup the YEO is faster by a few notches

Pongz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I personally don't have Viscaria, but I have tried my friend's one... In my opinion, Viscaria is almost the same as TBS... so AV7 is slightly thicker... 
Butterfly Sardius
FH Donic Barracuda
BH Tibhar MX-P
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 8:51pm

I personally don't have Viscaria, but I have tried my friend's one... In my opinion, Viscaria is almost the same as TBS... so AV7 is slightly thicker... 

I doubt Viscaria's handle is almost the same as TBS ... It's longer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 8:53pm

Viscaria's handle is more rounded. TBS is more flatter.
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit

Stiga Clipper Wood

Avenger 5

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by dannyreventon dannyreventon wrote:

I am talking about length. not about shape

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 9:31pm

Originally posted by dannyreventon dannyreventon wrote:

I am talking about length. not about shape

Yeah, sorry about that, just noticed that now. They have the same length. :)
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit

Stiga Clipper Wood

Avenger 5

Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 1:59pm
I just got the Avenger Carbon today. I immediately glued up my used P7 on FH and Tenzone 2.0 on BH. I had a few quick hits against my gf who is a decent blocker. The blade I was using previously was Infinity so my initial impression will be compared against that blade.

This blade can really generate great amounts of spin. Doing serves with my old sheet of P7 is spinny. The ball curved sharply on the other side of the table. I wasn't able to get this kind of curve with the Infinity.

Blocking was good and precise. The throw seems to be very high so I had to close my racket more.

Doing drills, I noticed that if you hit soft the shot you get is really slow. But once you increase power the balls travels faster.

I wasn't able to loop or do any other shots since I was just playing with my gf. Looking forward to train with this setup next week and I'll report back.

Overall, my initial impression is really positive.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2016 at 5:40pm
Hello together,

if you wanna know, this are the dimensions of the blades:

Viscaria ST :            thickness 23,1 mm wideness: 30,5 mm
Timo Boll Spirit ST:     22,0 - 22,5 mm                    27,5 mm
Timo Boll ALC ST :                 22,4 mm                    27,5 mm  squarish ST
Adidas Avenger 7 ST:            22,9 mm                    29,0 mm   more round ST than squarish but not as round as Donic blades

How about Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive ST handle dimensions ?

If you have more meassurements of other ST handles please let us know and share it.

regards, ttspirit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic