Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tenergy fake or genuine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PedramTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PedramTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tenergy fake or genuine
    Posted: 04/22/2012 at 1:08pm
Are these tenergies fake or genuine.? the topsheet is different from other tenergies Ive seen before

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/506043910-pingpong-rubber-Butterfly-TENERGY-64-05820-Table-Tennis-Rubber-wholesalers.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/506041791-PingPong-rubber-Butterfly-TENERGY-05-FX-Table-tennis-Rubber-NEW-wholesalers.html

Bulk Price:
US $47.37

The movement which is the existence of the universe is the movement of love.

Ibn 'Arabi, Fusûs al-Hikam
Sponsored Links

Vihito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vihito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 1:19pm

100% fake

I have tried a fake tenergy that has the same bottom line, but it was with a different sponge color and hardness, played like a Chinese rubber.

Edited by Vihito - 04/22/2012 at 1:21pm
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Vihito Vihito wrote:

100% fake

care to share why?
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 1:24pm

100% fake

I have tried a fake tenergy that has the same bottom line, but it was with a different sponge color and hardness, played like a Chinese rubber.

of course it's fake if it has a diff sponge color...
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
PedramTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PedramTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 1:31pm
I actualy played with one with the same bottom line but it had benn bought from a supplier in Iran.
I should say from the sponge was really hard to tell if it was fake or not but from the first hit I found the spin was not there
also it was a little bit curl and after tuning it became flat I havnt seen this before
and it had a brighter surface than normal

It was not bad either but speed spin was not there , i say it was better than sriver.

bty if it was not from the bottom line it could be so hard to tell if its fake or not for a normal player  .

Vihito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vihito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 1:31pm

Hope this explains, the fake tenergy has an extra line at the bottom. First image is real tenergy, second is fake

http://prikachi.com/images/833/4678833k.jpg

PedramTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PedramTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 1:33pm
the sponge also has curving lable on it. exactly like the fake tenergy 64 I played last night

Vihito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vihito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 1:35pm

Originally posted by PedramTT PedramTT wrote:

I actualy played with one with the same bottom line but it had benn bought from a supplier in Iran.

If this person is an official Butterfly supplier it should be very concerning.

PedramTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PedramTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 1:38pm
the question is why it has extra line at the buttom if they can copy that brilliant

or maybe butterfly makes 2 kind of tenergy ????

Vihito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vihito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 1:42pm

the question is why it has extra line at the buttom if they can copy that brilliant

or maybe butterfly makes 2 kind of tenergy ????

I have been using tenergy for at least a year and a half, maybe 50% of the people at my club play with tenergy and I have never seen such a bottom line on a genuine one. 

Interesting that the engraved signs are just like the real tenergy, the T05 that I'm using right now even has it's sign at a 20-30 degree angle, and I'm sure that it's genuine.

bigrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 2:51pm
there is another big way to tell its fake is the butterfly writing is to bold and not embossed enough  
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 4:11pm
This is indeed concerning.
I guess we can ask Buttery directly if these guys are selling genuine Butterfly rubbers or not
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 6:34pm
Sorry for the ot, but what is concerning is that tenergy and other bty products are so expensive that people care to make fakes.
Only way to avoid them is to buy from an official reseller and pay full price, unfortunately.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
PedramTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PedramTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 12:23am

If this person is an official Butterfly supplier it should be very concerning.

yes Im seriously research about this to see wats going on in Iran, the official supplier doesnt sell in Iran like other countries. he has distributer in every state
the supplier in Fars is my friend and he is a trusty person , I should realy get through this to see whats going on as my friends are so upset and the have payed for the genuine one

I actualy dont play tenergy as the price is to high 120000 t for one sheet thats ridiculas.(and it gets higher like Gold every month)
I was the first that played tenergy in Fars and the price was 47000.

Edited by PedramTT - 04/23/2012 at 12:25am

PedramTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PedramTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 12:35am
Originally posted by bigrich bigrich wrote:

there is another big way to tell its fake is the butterfly writing is to bold and not embossed enough  

Thank you bigrich
r   yes thats another point ,but its not easy for many people

nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 10:52am
[QUOTE=Vihito]

Hope this explains, the fake tenergy has an extra line at the bottom. First image is real tenergy, second is fake

thanks

Edited by nittakuball - 04/23/2012 at 10:52am
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 11:24am
The box outline that contains the ITTF number on the fake Tenergy is thicker than the real one.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 12:03pm
You buy a foreign tt item from one of the sellers in Alibaba.com, and you expect it is not fake. It's quite beyond me. If you want genuine products, do not buy items from alibaba.com or taobao.com :)
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 9:01am
@PedramTT

Hi, man

It is a real pleasure to see table tennis sport upswinging now in Iran.
Alamian Noshad gets now noticible prominence on world arena, he crushed Wang Liqin mercilessly a time ago and goes on upstair in WorldRanking. Prodigy player of Iran.

Friend, could you tell us some more about how the sport is going in your fatherland?
Above all, I'd like to know about the coaching in Iran. It looks like Iranian Table Tennis Federation prefers to cooperate with German trainers, not with Chinese.
Have you some thinking of why the ITTF took the course to the Europian playing style rather than to Chinese style?

Thanks.

PedramTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PedramTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

@PedramTT

Hi, man

It is a real pleasure to see table tennis sport upswinging now in Iran.
Alamian Noshad gets now noticible prominence on world arena, he crushed Wang Liqin mercilessly a time ago and goes on upstair in WorldRanking. Prodigy player of Iran.

Friend, could you tell us some more about how the sport is going in your fatherland?
Above all, I'd like to know about the coaching in Iran. It looks like Iranian Table Tennis Federation prefers to cooperate with German trainers, not with Chinese.
Have you some thinking of why the ITTF took the course to the Europian playing style rather than to Chinese style?

Thanks.

Thank you so much for your comment igorponger
yes indeed Alamiyan is so good at the table he has a winning spirit and he has a lot of tendency to win a match,.. who doesnt have? 
It doesnt realy matter for me that if wang Or Alamiyan win against another or if Iran become the world No.1 , I'm always with the one who plays better.
may there be a day that people dont say (with proud) I'm Spanish I'm Iranian I'm Italiyan I'm Russian.

Actualy I once was winning Wang Liqin in a Match about 4 years ago, suddenly I saw he was upset and it will be so bad for him to lose against me, so I lost to him somehow that nobody would understand. I really didnt know this thoroughly 4 years ago that in this world you should lose to win sth.
I also saw Xu Xin  about 2 years ago in a dream , he was really a good man.

please dont accuse me for not having passion for my country as its not like that.

bty dont think I lose easily aginst you my friends I'm not that easy person I dont give anything to anyone so easily you should be at least Wang Liqin  LOL .
----------------
but about how the sport going in my fatherland,  this is the question

actualy like other things in  Iran Table Tennis is like a big Mafia I cant explain clearly as my english is not that good. Iran has so many talented player but when theres no place for the game how can one find and shows his capacity.
not always one man can make a difference,... believe me one man always can make a difference

but i think I'm the only one that can go to where ever I want and enjoy the game, may God forgive me I'm so playful.
------------------------------------------------------------

If you drink wine, let a drop or two spill
A sin that helps another, courageously fulfill.

liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 8:55am
Fake Tenergy 05 (FX) impressions
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42805&PN=1&title=fake-tenergy-05-fx-impressions

Fake Butterfly Rubber
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1617&PN=1&title=fake-butterfly-rubber
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 5:41pm

thanks for this. I just got some from ebay uk seller for a few £ less than rrp. Seller has 100% feedback. My 1st time of buying Tenergy so was not aware of the potential pitfalls until now. The rubber played pretty bad and although it was humid I couldnt get 3 out of 10 counter loops on. The bounce was lower than an old 2mm sheet of Omega Pro. It got me thinking... The rubber has the extra line at the bottom so I have contacted the seller...
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 7:49pm
JUST AN ADVICE TO BE REMEMBERED

Friends.

The best way for you to avoid a fake of Tenergy would be not to buy those with 2.1 mm thick sponge.

The point is that all the fakers are known to only produce the thickest Tenergy version. Such is an advice I was informed from a proficient table tennis trader of Poland.
Hence, it is absolutely safe for you to buy the Tenergy with 1.7/1.9 sponge affixed..   

Just bear in your mind, Chinese fakers/reproducers will never try for a thinner Tenergy, but 2.1 mm solely.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 11:39pm
Igorponger is also on an agenda to get sponges thicker than 1.8 mm banned by ITTF because he thinks it ruins the sport.   You can find this on some of his previous posts.  You think the booster ban is ridiculous?  Me too, but this is the next thing clowns from ITTF are pushing.  So this piece of "advice" does not surprise me, but it is also absurd, and perhaps not entirely sincere. 

The actual best way to avoid buying fake Tenergy is to buy from reputable dealers and then you can get whatever thickness you want.  If you buy on ebay or taobao or from shops nobody has ever heard of, you are taking your chances. 
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 12:18am
Those yellow sponge Tenergy are like $3 each and red sponge Tenergy are about $8 retail from taobao. There are even bigger profit involved for wholesale so the problem will not go away soon. But I think the bigger problem is not just fake but those selling fake as real.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Those yellow sponge Tenergy are like $3 each and red sponge Tenergy are about $8 retail from taobao. There are even bigger profit involved for wholesale so the problem will not go away soon. But I think the bigger problem is not just fake but those selling fake as real.

To which I would add, people knowingly buying fakes. 

But it's hard for players like PedramTT.  I have many Iranian practice partners here in the US--excellent players, one of whom is a good friend of Alamiyan's father-- and they told me it was hard to get equipment there.

Edited by Baal - 09/05/2012 at 12:30pm
alborz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 12:34pm
it is 100% fake because the color of sponge is different .
Balde : Donic Epox Control
Forehand : Donic BlueFire M1 (Black / MAX)
Backhand : Donic Vario Big Slam (Red / MAX)

Zhang Jike : Man Of Steel
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

It's funny b/c at these prices (so low), they still some how to manage to make a huge profit.  e.g. it probably took them $1 to make, so selling at $3 is good money!  Oh, for those that are selling fakes as real should be "locked up".

Edited by tsanyc - 09/05/2012 at 12:47pm
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 2:57pm
Here are some images I took of the Tenergy and packaging I got off ebay...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69501312@N04/7938637480/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69501312@N04/7938636588/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69501312@N04/7938636092/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69501312@N04/7938635574/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69501312@N04/7938635174/

Edited by riker71 - 09/05/2012 at 3:01pm
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2012 at 4:24am
riker71, I am afraid your T05 is fake. Not only the extra edge on the bottom but also bolder than normal print. It is bad news that fake Tenergy start selling on ebay now. Normally those are new sellers from HK and China, and charge near full price to catch customer off guard. I suggest you ask your seller for refund right away if he is still around. Good luck.

I see you have pics of real Butterfly Roundell in your album so I believe you know what a real Butterfly looks like.

Edited by TurboZ - 09/06/2012 at 4:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic