Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Acuda S3 vs tenergy 5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mahdi_mak2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi_mak2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acuda S3 vs tenergy 5
    Posted: 04/24/2012 at 11:46pm
hi, my setup is gergely carbon + tenergy 5 + acuda s3
but i some how confused about bh and fh
not really sure to use which one for bh and which one for fh
rubbers feel so similar,
in power fh drives and top spin 05 is stronger
when play on the table i feel acuda has better control
what to do??? wht u will do if u was in my shoes??

BTY Viscaria
BH : Tenergy 05
FH : Tenergy 05
Sponsored Links

igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 12:45am
If I were you...
T05 on FH (2.1) and S3 (2.0) on BH
No doubt about it, a perfect choice, a real spinning-monster combo. Anyway both are excellent rubbers.
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 1:42am
S3 is softer, slower, and less spiny than T05. It's a more controlled rubber.  My guess is that most people would put it on the BH because they prefer more control on the BH but you could be different.
fishon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 9:15am
If you have doubts about playing which rubber you should play close or away from the table then you shouldn't be using those rubbers!!!
TB ALC
Aurus Max
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 9:31am
amen fishon.  +1

If I have never played with a rubber before and am thinking about buying it to give it a try then I look to the forums for advice on what other players thought of the rubber.  But if I have the rubber on my blade and can give it a try then I can decide for myself, and if I still have doubts then I should probably find something else to play with. 
I'm sure you can make up your mind Madhi.  Just experiment a little with both and use the setup that feels best.  IMO though...the Gergely carbon blade is way too fast, especially if you're a looper.  It's super fast for hitting and not many people will return a smash when it's on, but it's hard to control and has little dwell time compared to more controllable blades.  I used to play with the Gergely blade and when I took some lessons from a former national champ the first thing he told me was to get rid of the blade! I was a looper on both sides and he explained how the blade didn't have enough dwell time for a looper.  I bought a Stiga Offensive Classic (all wood) which was rated Off-.  He was right! I improved immediately and never looked back.  A few weeks later I picked up the Gergely blade and hit with it and I couldn't even feel the ball.  Couldn't believe the difference.  I've never played with such a fast blade since. 
Good luck.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi_mak2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 11:04pm
tnx, Acuda Dave.... great advice..
BTY Viscaria

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi_mak2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 11:06pm
hmmmm, maybe ill better to have a try on innerforce series....
i also have the feeling that gergely is too fast and dont let the rubber to do the job on serves and loops..

BTY Viscaria
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 1:00am
it looks like you have made up your mind, just want to know what made you choose s3 on fh and T05 on BH, because if i were to be asked id choose the exact opposite
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Mahdi_mak2000 Mahdi_mak2000 wrote:

hmmmm, maybe ill better to have a try on innerforce series.... i also have the feeling that gergely is too fast and dont let the rubber to do the job on serves and loops..

I have a Donic Epox power allround on the way to try. I am a looper and am always looking for good balance of spin and speed from my gear (yes practice helps but so does the right gear). I tried a 5ply for the 1st time in a while the other day and apart from lack of speed, everything else was great. I am trying something fast this.time so if you want I can let you know how it plays... The blade is only $40AUD.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2012 at 4:54pm
Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

Please keep Equipment discussions in the Equipment Forum.

Moved as a one time courtesy.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
SchlagerG View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SchlagerG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2012 at 10:47pm

For years I used Tenergy 64 and then 05FX on both wings with a Spirit blade.  After trying Acuda S3 on a friend's blade I changed both sides to S3 on my blade about 2 months ago.  I find both wings easier to loop with and greater all-around control to boot.  For all out power and mid to long distance play (say 7 feet and greater) Tenergy is certainly more stable, but after examining my game (I am approx. 1950 rated) and determining that this type of play is maybe 10% of where my game ends up in tourny's I didn't see any benefit to remaining with the Tenergy line. 

So, in conclusion, I would say try Acuda S3 on one or both wings and see what you think.  The power is there most of the time, control is better and looping is way easier, especially against under-spin.  Easier to "lift" the underspin.  I also find the short game better.  Note that the Acuda S3 is softer than 05FX.

The above beung said, I am now going to try the Acuda S2 and see what is gained or lost versus the S3.  If anyone has experience or thoughts on that please share.
Schlager (the other one)
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2012 at 1:49am
Originally posted by SchlagerG SchlagerG wrote:

For years I used Tenergy 64 and then 05FX on both wings with a Spirit blade.  After trying Acuda S3 on a friend's blade I changed both sides to S3 on my blade about 2 months ago.  I find both wings easier to loop with and greater all-around control to boot.  For all out power and mid to long distance play (say 7 feet and greater) Tenergy is certainly more stable, but after examining my game (I am approx. 1950 rated) and determining that this type of play is maybe 10% of where my game ends up in tourny's I didn't see any benefit to remaining with the Tenergy line. 

So, in conclusion, I would say try Acuda S3 on one or both wings and see what you think.  The power is there most of the time, control is better and looping is way easier, especially against under-spin.  Easier to "lift" the underspin.  I also find the short game better.  Note that the Acuda S3 is softer than 05FX.

The above beung said, I am now going to try the Acuda S2 and see what is gained or lost versus the S3.  If anyone has experience or thoughts on that please share.

My primary setup the last few years has been T05 on TB ALC.  I tried S1 on an ALC and it works pretty well, but not enough spin compared to T05.  More recently, however, I've been testing Baracuda and I like it a lot.  Lots of spin, great control, and much easier to play the short game than T05.  While you're experimenting, you might try Baracuda.
Agung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2013 at 1:09am
hi, my setup is gergely carbon + tenergy 5 + acuda s3
but i some how confused about bh and fh
not really sure to use which one for bh and which one for fh
rubbers feel so similar,
in power fh drives and top spin 05 is stronger
when play on the table i feel acuda has better control
what to do??? wht u will do if u was in my shoes??

bro, If I were you , I will use Acuda S3 for FH & T 05 BH . Acuda S3 has more spin than T 05 , but it has less speed than T 05. Acd S3 has better control with nice sound than Tenergy 05 . I love both rubber.... and have been using them for 7 month .

Blade : Xiom Axelo
FH  : Acuda S3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic