FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour, Chile Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 2:41am
SA01, good that you know what it is like to play in difficult conditions. But you didn't use examples on tables that are ITTF approved but doesn't feel like "match" condition. Therefore our comparison is invalid in this regards.

I played on the Stag DX1000, (ITTF approved) and used by a few countries in national events. The experience I had, the playing surface was normal, no little mountain or no physical damage. However there was uneven bounce - on certain places on the table. So are these just 2 bad tables, or is it a general problem? The other 4 tables I tried seem to be "normal"

I heard people saying they don't like the bounce of Stag tables, and I do understand maybe the club I played at didn't look after the table well enough, so some damage was caused over time - but how?

So I am refering to ITTF match table standard, which plays worse than the home made tables where  I coach at the local high school (with wrong measurements), atleast those tables has a more accurate bounce imo.

So coming back to the discussing about Stag tables - any one else experience this? Or are you refering to some other bounce issues?

Edited by ZApenholder - 05/01/2012 at 2:54am
Sponsored Links

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 3:10am
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

SA01, good that you know what it is like to play in difficult conditions. But you didn't use examples on tables that are ITTF approved but doesn't feel like "match" condition. Therefore our comparison is invalid in this regards.

I played on the Stag DX1000, (ITTF approved) and used by a few countries in national events. The experience I had, the playing surface was normal, no little mountain or no physical damage. However there was uneven bounce - on certain places on the table. So are these just 2 bad tables, or is it a general problem? The other 4 tables I tried seem to be "normal"

I heard people saying they don't like the bounce of Stag tables, and I do understand maybe the club I played at didn't look after the table well enough, so some damage was caused over time - but how?

So I am refering to ITTF match table standard, which plays worse than the home made tables where  I coach at the local high school (with wrong measurements), atleast those tables has a more accurate bounce imo.

So coming back to the discussing about Stag tables - any one else experience this? Or are you refering to some other bounce issues?

tables made by a local workshop have a more even bounce, the surface looks uneven must be because people from india are too poor to use electric tools--i cant find any explanantion for a top that feel so coarse and dogdy
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 3:12am
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

the face gestures made by top players warming in the stag tables show they are not happy  with the bounce
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2012 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by sa01 sa01 wrote:

Originally posted by ikaros ikaros wrote:

yeah their level is not high enough to compete at a international level. back in the day there was a lot of young promising stars around my city but most of them quit when they get to college . you just cant live from table tennis alone and theres absolutly no money to be made around it. all the funding comes   from local associations and parents. 

strange that he stopped competing in 2008, he still seemed very young.
he should have kept at it, you may not get to be the best but you get free trips to exotic locations and all that cool stuff that players get.

He moved to australia. I get coaching from him. His serves are still unbelievable even after 18 months or so
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
u47108 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u47108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 11:54pm
yes, but not available to play a match with Bruno Levis.
Donic Burn Off

FH:Donic Acuda BLUE P01 max black

BH:Donic Acuda BLUE P02 max red
fb pg:https://www.facebook.com/TDMVideos/
u47108 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u47108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2012 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by u47108 u47108 wrote:

u47108, Do you know Bruno Levis?

yes, but not available to play a match with Bruno Levis.
Donic Burn Off

u47108 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u47108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2012 at 12:24am
Donic Burn Off

Anfi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2012 at 5:41pm
i dont know why we use stag table if we have new DHS table in the olympic training center (in Chile)

Now:Butterfly Haruvatart-S
FH:Butterfly Tenergy 05

Old Blade:Butterfly Cypress-S
FH:Tibhar Nianmor
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2012 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Anfi Anfi wrote:

i dont know why we use stag table if we have new DHS table in the olympic training center (in Chile)

Hmm,, so this is not shortage of equipment/tables.
Then it can only be sponsorship reasons.
u47108 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u47108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2013 at 6:13pm

[Chile open 2012]MATSUDAIRA Kenji JPN - MIZUTANI Jun JPN vs YANG Zi SIN - ZHAN Jian SIN
play list: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PLEUoC2-L28iYMHqGfPr5M6wB3aUx7uUNU

Edited by u47108 - 01/01/2013 at 6:14pm
Donic Burn Off

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic