Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar 5Q

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar 5Q
    Posted: 04/30/2012 at 3:33pm
Currently testing. More to follow...

Sponsored Links

pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 4:02pm
looks like it's a soft rubber.
iliketurtles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliketurtles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2012 at 5:45pm
The german shops say that it is.  Google translate said that the interface was newly designed, so I think that it has a different topsheet as well (Translate isn't perfect :D)
1-Ply AH NWC - Butterfly Spin Art - Juic 999 Turbo
Tube Carbo - Andro Hexer HD - Donic Acuda S1 Turbo
Just waiting for the 999 Turbo...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 3:44am
the topsheet still looks like that of the 1Q maybe the sponge hardness is different
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
frenchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 5:10am
1Q is about 45° and 5Q ? I don't find the information. 
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 5:17am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

the topsheet still looks like that of the 1Q maybe the sponge hardness is different

Topsheet may be the same as 1Q. Though I have the impression that one can see the pips through more clearly for the 5Q, but I don't have a 1Q for comparison, so I may be wrong.

The sponge is clearly softer that the one of 1Q. It's not a soft sponge (medium), but the rubber feels really quite soft when coming from T64.

I guess that there will be strong similarities (if not equalities) with some other new rubbers (Tenzone, Bluefire,...), but since I have never used one of them I can not tell.

I have the Q5 on my backhand and my impressions were the following:

-It's quite fast, but not super-fast

-It's super spinny. It felt quite spinny to me, but my training partner said that my backhand loops would have clearly more spin than with T64. I personally would have set it at the same level as T64.

-My backhand loops are rather good anyway, but with this rubber they felt very natural (throw is medium high I would say). Slow, fast, spinny, loops on bottom spin, counter loops, close to the table, further away: everything seemed to land on the table with high quality.

-Blocking was one big disaster. It was sort of ok with a bit a strange feeling during warm up, but in the matches I blocked the ball on my side of the table every now and then. I think one need to make sure that the ball really digs into the sponge.

-Serving: didn't serve with it because I don't serve with my backhand.

-Pushing: long pushes on returns were great.

-Short game: I had troubles to adapt to the different feeling of the rubber so far. Popped up a ball every now and then and returned some to net where I would have thought that I would be fine of with T64.

Overall I think this is a rather good rubber. If the season was not over I would rip it off the blade right away, but since I will not have any matches in the near future I will give it some more shots. Everything offensive was so outstanding that I hope I manage to get the touch in the short game and the feel for blocking.

I think the Q5 is a rubber with very high potential. It's a bit on the soft side but many people may like it. It's similar to Q1 (which for my game till now is either the best or second best backhand rubber; torn between T64 and 1Q), but a bit softer and possibly more spinny.

frenchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 5:21am
Softer than T64 and 1Q but equal hardness to which other rubber ?
Adidas Hypertouch / M2 / Tenzone SF
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 5:27am
Originally posted by frenchy frenchy wrote:

Softer than T64 and 1Q but equal hardness to which other rubber ?

don't really know. didn't use to many "softer" rubbers lately. It's clearly harder than Xiom Vega Europe. I would say about mid way between Xiom Vega Europe and T64 (bit closer to T64 probably).
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 7:47am
hmm i hope tibhar can send me a a couple of this rubber just liek last time they sent me the 1Q
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2012 at 4:43pm
The surface of Q5 is apparently different from the one of Q1.

"The softer version of the Q-rubber-family, 5Q, has a medium-hard sponge conferring lots of rotation to the Topspins and counter Topspins at mid-distance. The rubber surface full of sensation, supported by the SPI-Advanced-Technology, confers a wonderful sound and a good handling. The newly conceived rubber surface allows lots of rotation and provides the necessary security when playing the large pallet of spins.
"

Edited by High_Arc - 05/01/2012 at 4:44pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 9:42am
can't see much from the pic though. if you have seen the 1Q rubber (red) you could see thats it has a lighter color like that of S1 turbo, does the 5Q have darker topsheet? also, is the topsheet grainy like that of the 1Q?

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

can't see much from the pic though. if you have seen the 1Q rubber (red) you could see thats it has a lighter color like that of S1 turbo, does the 5Q have darker topsheet? also, is the topsheet grainy like that of the 1Q?

The topsheet of the Q5 is grainy. I don't have a 1Q for direct comparison, but I would guess that it is the same material, but different pimple geometry and surface/ pimple thickness. Again it's simply guessing. Quality seems really high though.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2012 at 4:21am
thanks for the review, good job as usualThumbs Up
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2012 at 4:23pm
thanks emihet!

update:

an overall bit weird feeling persists, but I start to get used to blocking and the touch game, while looping remains simply great (also with a bit of a weird feeling, but almost everything lands on the table with high quality).

I have the impression that the rubber is not super linear. you need to make sure that you get proper contact with the ball, but then I think the characteristics are really good. The best thing for me is somehow the arc I get on loops and the amount of spin can put on the ball. The arc is not too low and not too high, just perfect for my taste.
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 4:52pm
Final impressions:

There is quite some consternation on my side!

Looping with the Q5 is great (remember, I have it on my BH and my BH is certainly not my weakness). Any kind of attacking is great when you are prepared for it (attack on bottom spin, counter loop, close to the table, far off the table, etc...).

If you're not prepared (which for me happens mostly against players I don't know well, but rarely against regular training partners), the rubber simply does not bite the ball. I get no arc on looping. Blocks go down on my side of the table. No grip in the short game (although the rubber is really spinny). One big disaster!

For me, the rubber is simply not predictable at all! The short game is a nightmare, I'm scared of blocking!

I know I've been fairly positive about the rubber in the beginning. But summarizing again I have to say that for me the Q5 works perfectly if I'm well prepared and able to play an open offensive game without any difficult short game. This means that the Q5 works very well for me against most of my training partners. But against players I don't know well, the (for me) unpredictable behavior is a horror show!

Disappointed!

talkalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talkalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 6:21pm
i read your review carfuly and will not agree with some information.
the rubber needs longer adaptation this is not a tenergy!
this rubber is a fast looping machine not for beginners
i personally have a problem with blocking but serving and short game is amazing.
i tried 1q and 5q and i must say the results they make are the best tibhar's performance

timo boll alc

Fh:t05fx 2.1

Bh:sinus alpha max
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by talkalin talkalin wrote:

i personally have a problem with blocking but serving and short game is amazing.
i tried 1q and 5q and i must say the results they make are the best tibhar's performance

the setup in the signature is too much weapon. I tend to believe here in high_arc. it sounds weapon fan believing he handles everything well playing with the neighbor.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 12:24am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

the setup in the signature is too much weapon. I tend to believe here in high_arc. it sounds weapon fan believing he handles everything well playing with the neighbor.
I tend to agree with talkalin at least for 1Q series which i have tried and am still using it however i am no Ejmaster i just play the game.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 2:32am
Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

I tend to agree with talkalin at least for 1Q series which i have tried and am still using it however i am no Ejmaster i just play the game.

The 5Q is a clearly a looping rubber, and it does this exceptionally well imo. Regarding the 1Q it is the rubber I would choose to replace the T64 if I had to replace it. The 1Q has (for me) good characteristics, is similar to T64 but with a lower throw. Good feeling.

The 5Q just tends to let me down. I really think that it lacks predictability (or linearity in that respect). There is simply not enough bite in the rubber when you don't go all out. So every now and then the ball slips o just goes straight without getting a reasonable arc.

I can not play a precise game with the 5Q. Of course I'm not a world class player (I'm not a beginner neither) but I would be even more surprised to find one of them using the 5Q.

I could imagine that many good players like the 1Q, but not the 5Q. However, the Tenergy rubbers are still a tad ahead in my opinion.

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 2:36am

btw, I'm just tested a sheet of Grip-S Europe soft for the FH (the rubber you suggested some time ago), and I'm really torn between Grip-S Europe, Grip-S Europe soft, BWII red sponge medium and BWII red sponge soft.

It's a bit off topic but the topsheet of the Grip-S and the BWII are indeed different (same material I guess but slightly different pips structure, same sponge as far as I can tell).
talkalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talkalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 3:34pm
i am playing in a professional league for a long time and tried all the most fresh equipment in the market 1q and 5q both are exellent products they are not perfect but no doubt that they are exellent!
timo boll alc

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 4:37pm

i am playing in a professional league for a long time and tried all the most fresh equipment in the market 1q and 5q both are exellent products they are not perfect but no doubt that they are exellent!

I agree with respect to the 1Q, but not so much with respect to the 5Q (obviously). Most "professional" players I know (Keinath being the most prominent one) go even further and consider even the 1Q as crap with respect to the Tenergy rubbers.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 4:41pm

talkalin we are not here to say that everybody is good and every equipment is excellent.

we want to know the differences and to compare and to know the subttle differences. where is the edge.

at everytime we do a review there will be someone feeling pain because he is using the equipment that is not beating the tenergy.

it is good that you play in a professional league. so you can elaborate more your review and give a good comparison between rubbers.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
talkalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talkalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 6:06pm
i can't write a review because my english is not so rich.
btw i enjoy the review of any member here!!!
this discus about who is better tibhar or butterfly not interesting me at all.
i assume that more reviews about 5q will make the total picture more clear .....
timo boll alc

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic