Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xiom rubber lifetime warranty?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TTeveryday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTeveryday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom rubber lifetime warranty?
    Posted: 05/15/2012 at 10:18pm
Do xiom rubbers carry a lifetime warranty because on the rubber cover, it has "lifetime" written on it but I'm
Not sure what it's pertaining to. I tried looking it up but it doesn't say anything about it.
Sponsored Links

silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2012 at 10:40pm
it's a trademark name LifeTime+ 
it suggests that the 'Tensor' with the  'LifeTime+ ' logo should last longer than normal tensor rubber.
if it has lifetime warranty i would receive free rubber from them every 4 months, since i change my xiom rubber every 4 months due to wear. i play about 10-12hours a week
RSM Special Platinum T64
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 11:45pm
Could you tell us how your Sigma and Omega 4 compares to Tenergy? 
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2012 at 12:02am
i have never bought Tenergy before, i have only used it thru a friend. at first, i noticed  that the tenergy 05 has a higher throw. I cannot tell you anything about the weight... BTW my friend uses tenergy 05 on FH and BH.
my spin rating
Tenergy 05=Omega IV pro>sigma euro>sigma pro
Sigma is meant to be a better version of omega iv but not in this area.

speed
sigma europe>sigma pro>omega iv>tenergy 05
the xiom rubbers are the fastest that i have used. i have tried Stiga Boost series, rakza 7, nittaku fast arc s-1, roxon 450, hexer ( not HD ).

sadly i must say that i am not too thrilled with the Sigma Series so far. it might work for someone else tho.
the above rating are what i feel not scientific. all rubbers used were Max or 2.1mm depending on the brands.
RSM Special Platinum T64
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2012 at 1:22am
Originally posted by silva7 silva7 wrote:

if it has lifetime warranty i would receive free rubber from them every 4 months, since i change my xiom rubber every 4 months due to wear. i play about 10-12hours a week

Maybe the warranty lasts for the life time of the rubber! LOL
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2012 at 6:15am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

ROFL LOLLOLLOL very clever! LOLLOLLOL
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
geosto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geosto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2012 at 12:58pm
My Ω4 Asia lasted for around 2 months of average training on my forehand. I am an offensive player using mostly my fh for loops and powerloops. I bought it 6 months before but i have been training with it for the last 1,5 month and i add 15 days of training before that time. A rough estimate of hours would be nearly ~40 or less. The rubber has lost the grip significantly and it is useless. It was good for the peak performance period but nothing more. I wouldn't buy it again.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2012 at 1:22pm
I have been playing with Omega IV Asia for the last 5 months (but not all the time - I have a second setup which I use at least as frequently) and I estimate it has around 80 hours (real hours - at the table!) on it. The topsheet is really wearing out but the rubber is still playing quite decently - somewhat less spin of course but same speed and control. It is time to put the new rubbers on, however.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2012 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

ROFL LOLLOLLOL very clever! LOLLOLLOL

Having worked in retail, that is typically what lifetime means.  It means the typical expected lifetime of the item you purchased.  I used to get a lot of complaints about that in various industries.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2012 at 2:30pm
On another note warrantees usually cover complete failures of the product due to defects..
not failure due to wear-and-tear.

Plus after 4 months your rubber is still usable and functioning, it's just not as good as it was when new.

E.g if I had a car warrantee for 5 years and brought it in every year and said that it doesn't drive as well as day 1 and i wanted a replacement they'd laugh in my face. If however the transmission gave out after a year then they'd replace the transmission.
Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic