Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour, KRA Korea Open,16
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour, KRA Korea Open,16

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 5:27am
And if it wasn't for Ma Long's lost, we gonna have all Chinese Semi finals in both Male and Female.

What will happen is Xu Xin wins Korea open, and then non of the male  Olympians win China open???

Sponsored Links

popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 5:57am
Originally posted by TTNoobie TTNoobie wrote:

oh damn!  they brought that really annoying commentator back!  I thought they got rid of him for goodAngry
lol, yes, but once in a while he makes some cool comments. 
"He returned that back with interest!" "Why can't she always play like that?" "Most people watching want this over asap" "I'm not biased, I just know who's better." "The world ranking worked in his favor" 
He may not be the most knowledgeable, but his comments are good for the normal joe. Us mytt folk are a little to advanced for his commentary, but still can get a kick out of his creative word play. 
My beef with the commentator, is his pronunciation of names. Yoon Jae Yong was pronounced sloppily "You Jya Yo" like 10 times. At the first I though he was cheering like the chinese do, "Jia Yo"
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 6:08am
Popperlocker,

Yes, what you say makes sense, but are we going to continue keeping the standard low forever?
Why don't they look at a long term plan - 10 years later, that the general public needs something better (and not just MYTT members).

We need to compare 1st world TT to 3rd world TT.
In China, every one can understand Yang Yin's comments on CCTV. Now the questions is how did they get there. What needs to be done? Maybe commentators need training? or Fans need to learn TT more?

I think finding excuses for poor commentators is really short sited. We need to look at long term and the growth between fans and commentators etc, it needs to be parallel or one leading the other.

Simply waking up a different day, but doing the same thing - won't make things better
TTImpossible View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTImpossible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 6:10am

TTImpossible.. The art of Table Tennis vidéo
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 7:01am
(ms-R16) MA Long - LEE Sang Su [Full Match|Short Form]

http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
chunyenliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunyenliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 8:01am
Lee Sang Su was in the zone against Ma Long.   Lots of aggressive and full-power shots.  Korean players are always dangerous opponents with fast footwork.
My free Android app: "Table Tennis Time" at Google
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 8:16am
Agree,
Korea always produce players with good footwork.
From 1988, to even today we have witness this.

So that is why I am not suprised to see many generation of Korean players causing trouble or upsets to Chinese players. They also have a good TT system in place, and in a way, they footwork is unique and more stronger than Chinese imo
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 8:30am
(ms-qf) PERSSON Jorgen - ZHANG Jike [Full Match|Short Form]

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 8:32am
Thumbs up to Persson, 46 years old, and still managing to get into Quarters finals or Semi Finals (Bejing 2008).

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 8:33am
First Guo Yan got injured and didn't complete her game,
now Guo Yue is injured and gave a WO to Liu Shiwen in singles, and doubles to the Korean pair of Lee and Park

What is going on....

Edited by ZApenholder - 05/19/2012 at 8:37am
TT over Study View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 9:04am
all chinese semi finals! haha
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 12:23pm
what's tang peng's equipment now? his backhand pips sounds noisier that usual...
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 12:25pm
(ms-qf) YOON Jaeyoung - XU Xin [Full Match|Short Form]

==============================================================
(ms-qf) YOON Jaeyoung - XU Xin [Full Match/Chinese]

Edited by janus700 - 05/19/2012 at 8:55pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Popperlocker,

Yes, what you say makes sense, but are we going to continue keeping the standard low forever?
Why don't they look at a long term plan - 10 years later, that the general public needs something better (and not just MYTT members).

We need to compare 1st world TT to 3rd world TT.
In China, every one can understand Yang Yin's comments on CCTV. Now the questions is how did they get there. What needs to be done? Maybe commentators need training? or Fans need to learn TT more?

I think finding excuses for poor commentators is really short sited. We need to look at long term and the growth between fans and commentators etc, it needs to be parallel or one leading the other.

Simply waking up a different day, but doing the same thing - won't make things better

I like where you're heading but there is one major problem. The ittf is not as rich as cctv. Also, this guy is hyping up the game like a cheerleader, which is good. However, for the big events, they put some good commentators in the box, like the german coach. I actually think cctv and ittf are both doing it wrong. One is too dead and one is too quirky. The best I've seen is Japanese(Korean?) commentary, which is a pretty girl commentator + coach commentator. You get the best of both worlds. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe Yang Yin is the commentator with that annoying voice. I often turn the sound off when she is commentating. It would be nice if they added a pretty girl next to Yang Yin. 
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 8:01pm
Lol, well I don't really look at annoying or unannoying, but rather the level of commentating. I do enjoy Yang Ying's commentating, as most of the time she relates to herself as a formal player / world champion and invites CNT team leader or coaches or ex national team members / world champions to comment. The level of commentating (words used) that CCTV provides is really high imo.

Of course there will be different views on what is the best, as this is an international community, with so many cultural back grounds etc, and it is therefore the executives job to find a meet point for all to be happy - with a long term plan in mind.

ITTF has no money? I think that is where ITTF goes wrong. You don't use your own money to do business/make money. You need to use other peoples money to do business. I hope ITTF retires this 14 years president (his same action, different years is not working), and get in a non TT playing executive with experience in sales/marketing, so they can turn the "company" around.
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 8:48pm
(ms-qf) LEE Sang Su - CHAN Kazuhiro [Full Match|Short Form]

ianworz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianworz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

what's tang peng's equipment now? his backhand pips sounds noisier that usual...

I noticed that as well... sounds like he has some real soft sponged sp on his bh.

Worz Beat Stick
WBS Takehaya
FH: H3 No. 21
BH:Spectol
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 9:32pm
(ms-qf) WANG Hao - MA Lin [Full Match|Short Form]

janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 9:34pm
(ws-qf) HIRANO Sayaka - LI Xiaoxia [Full Match/Chinese]

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 9:58pm
was there any video of Fang Bo?

Edited by kenneyy88 - 05/19/2012 at 9:58pm
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2012 at 10:12pm
Most sports commentary is done by two people,  first you have the straight play by play guy,  he talks the majority of the time.  Next to the play by play guy you have the colour guy,  this person chimes in on occasion with some quirky comment.

The guy doing the Korean open is a colour commentator, little knowledge of the game and non stop quirky comments.  If they team him up with the former English coach commentator he will be tolerable giving his quirky comments once in a while,  but not have him talk non stopDead

Edited by TTNoobie - 05/19/2012 at 10:17pm
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 12:02am
ITTF knows that John Burgess (the English guy who's commentating in Korea) isn't the best - that's why they hired new people last year and didn't use him at all for the Worlds. I guess they didn't have enough money to send the European commentators to Asia, so they're using Burgess again (he lives in Singapore). They often try to pair him up with an expert, like Jorgen Persson tonight.

Just watch and enjoy, it could be worse (the ETTU for example has terrible commentators).
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 1:23am
Persson was a pleasure to listen to, lots of charisma that guy. "The young boy crying is a Zhang Ji Ke fan, trying to distract Wang Hao. Oh look it worked" LOLOLOLOLOLO
Did you guys see Xu Xin play? Legendary performance against Kazuhiro. 
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 1:59am
Just got to check the tournament after two rounds and OMG this tournament is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

persson over fang bo
Lee sang su over ma long

then to see my man Chan Kazuhiro into the Semis!

this is the best tournament I think I've seen in a long time! not only that, but the one match i watched of Kazu vs Sang Su was a level of intensity i haven't seen since the speedglue days. 

this is great. I love table tennis. 
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 5:57am
Well done ZJK!! Clap
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 7:40am
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 8:27am
The Zhang Jike - Xu Xin final is truly amazing! Reminds me of the Australian Open Djokovic-Nadal final... there was one shot where Zhang Jike did an inside-out FH loop, with the ball way below the table and on the right side of the table! It's like the shot Wang Liqin did to Timo Boll in the 2006 WTTTC! :O :O :O 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
SoWhySoSerious View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoWhySoSerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 8:31am
http://www.youtube.com/ttCountenance

Don't lose yourself in table tennis, whatever it means to you.

Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 11:14am
Zhang Jike looked unmotivated to me. He looked bored, and lack of footwork and offensive shots, and still he managed to win...
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
Wilbeerthoven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilbeerthoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2012 at 11:29am
You guys know that Chan Kazuhiro has also overcame Ma Long? In 2010 i think, an impressive 3-0 victory full of impossible reflex shots close to the table!
Bl: DHS PG7
FH: Acuda S2
BH: Acuda S2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic