Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

stiga offensive classic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
el gato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el gato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stiga offensive classic
    Posted: 06/17/2012 at 8:48am
Can anyone give me a small review about stiga offensive classic?

i an not intersting about nct.
Sponsored Links

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 1:48pm
Decent OFF- blade.

Lots of vibration.

The current construction is like a slightly faster Allround Classic.

Reasonable amount of flex.

I ditched my OC for the Virtuoso and never ever looked back. Palatinus Virtuoso is faster, with similar vibration but "clearer" (less noise)l. It also smashes/drives better and has better over the table short game control.

I also prefer the YE to the OC as the catapult is bigger, so for mid distance the YE wins and over the table play is better bc the blade is more controlled.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 2:12pm
My experience with the OC and YE cannot be more different.

I like to use Donic's Persson Powerrallround for reference.  Compared to it, both the OC and the YE do not have enough vibration, feel, and flex, which is most obvious with firmer rubbers. With softer rubbers they're noticeably better. A lot of folks say the YE also bites the ball very hard and is springy, but I find that not to be the case at all.

mrt4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrt4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 3:13pm
Its a ok off- blade, but the wrb is for me a little wird.....

Id go for maybe the yasaka off 40, or even the extra offensive. Both a little faster but with moore feeling and less "wrong vibration"
Swedish male, playing since 1993.

Blade: Timo boll w5
forehand: Tenergy 25fx 2,1

Backhand: Energy absorber 1,6

glue: waterbased!!!!

king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 5:45pm
El gato, you ought to ask forum member, seguso, about the OC. He seems to be the most passionate user of this blade on this forum, at least in recent times. He usually chimes in and has great reviews of all thin 5-ply blades, like the OC (limba-spruce-ayous...). I'd send him a PM, if he doesn't find this thread.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2012 at 8:57pm
I have been using a really really old one (mid 80s) for the last week and it is amazing.  Sadly, I have read that the new ones are nothing like it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic