Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 25>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2015 at 6:46am
Originally posted by jackass22 jackass22 wrote:

What blade does  senor Dewitt use? I think, its something fast (off+).

Stiga Hans Alser All Round
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2015 at 7:12am
Great stuff, Eric.  

I played "Ovtcharov" at Nationals last year and he plays a similar style to you, probably a little harder on the aggressive strokes since he moves better and uses inverted on both sides.

I've found that even when I work on my game, even if the results show up in club matches in 2-3 months, they take about 6 months before they show up in tournaments.  I think the improvement in your forehand offense is great.
Cybershape Carbon
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2015 at 3:09am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Great stuff, Eric.  

I played "Ovtcharov" at Nationals last year and he plays a similar style to you, probably a little harder on the aggressive strokes since he moves better and uses inverted on both sides.

Well, I wouldn't say that Michael (Ovtcharov) has the same style of Eric.  Michael's a looper who has a hard time remembering to be aggressive.  He's actually a lot more successful when he's aggressive.  He learned to play in a small but very strong club and I always figured he developed his defensive tendencies (he was good at lobs even when only a 1300 player) just to survive with everyone else.

By the way, I should mention that Michael is one of our regulars at our Stellan Training camps.  
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2015 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

I may be either the same player as before or even regressing, with all the same old problems, but hey, at least I can try to salvage some cool videos out of it. 720p60fps setting recommended.

Eric you changed your style for this tournament. When Bryan (first opponent in videos) told me he was in your group I told him you were a defensive chopper. I don't think you did any chopping that I saw the whole tournament. As for you having to play Michael that only happened because of the shenanigans they did with RR draw. They swapped you and me in our RR groups.
ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2015 at 12:07pm
Nice work on the video Eric! There's even a couple snippets of our match in there. It was fun to play another LP player. I hope to see you at future tournaments.
Korbel
H3 / Curl P1
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2015 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Great stuff, Eric.  

Well, I wouldn't say that Michael (Ovtcharov) has the same style of Eric.  Michael's a looper who has a hard time remembering to be aggressive.  He's actually a lot more successful when he's aggressive.  He learned to play in a small but very strong club and I always figured he developed his defensive tendencies (he was good at lobs even when only a 1300 player) just to survive with everyone else.

By the way, I should mention that Michael is one of our regulars at our Stellan Training camps.  

Hey, we can only go by how people actually play, not how they should play.  At the events he performed best, it was his defensive tendencies that messed up the players who were too inconsistent to hit through them (myself included).  I am supposed to be two-winged looping, but my game is really more push-block rallying.  Someday, hopefully, it will all change for the better.

Edited by NextLevel - 06/10/2015 at 12:10pm
Cybershape Carbon
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2015 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by ndotson ndotson wrote:

Nice work on the video Eric! There's even a couple snippets of our match in there. It was fun to play another LP player. I hope to see you at future tournaments.
Nick. Can you email me at [email protected] I have some info about the Seattle Open for you.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2015 at 2:04am

Great stuff, Eric.  

Hey, we can only go by how people actually play, not how they should play.  At the events he performed best, it was his defensive tendencies that messed up the players who were too inconsistent to hit through them (myself included).  I am supposed to be two-winged looping, but my game is really more push-block rallying.  Someday, hopefully, it will all change for the better.
Well, they both lob, but Eric is a chopper who sometimes lobs and Michael is a looper who sometimes lobs.  They both range a lot around the court, moving in and out, back and forth.  Eric's defensive style is mostly by choice.  Michael's defensive style is more of a fall back; when he's feeling really confident -- or has a coach watching over him -- he doesn't do much defense (nor does he need it).  It can feel the same when both players are busy retrieving everything you throw at them, but the differences are large when they're not retrieving and that means you should approach playing them with different strategies.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2015 at 4:46pm
Here's a video of the Over 40 finals between Philippe Dassonval and myself. 

I feel more comfortable moving in position to attack now at 110 lbs overweight than I was at 140 lbs overweight back in May. 

Edited by heavyspin - 08/31/2015 at 4:56pm
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2015 at 4:58pm
Here is a video of me getting annihilated by a 5 ft 10 13 year old giant kid who beat both Phillipe Dassonval and Rich DeWitt to win the U2200 at Westchester yesterday.  I was just road kill on the journey.   Motto: beware of who you give training tools to - you just might end up helping train someone to beat you mercilessly.

Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2015 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Here's a video of the Over 40 finals between Philippe Dassonval and myself. 

I feel more comfortable moving in position to attack now at 110 lbs overweight than I was at 140 lbs overweight back in May. 

Good stuff, heavyspin.  But did you really have to put the camera in that corner for a match between two right handed players?
Cybershape Carbon
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2015 at 5:19pm
NL, i love how u were  looking sideways during the warm up. lol

any chance on sharing you and PP's equipment in details?

FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2015 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by ahsq ahsq wrote:

It's a club match - what am I supposed to do?  That said, without kids like that, I would never have broken 2000.  And if my body holds up well enough for me to take a crack at 2100, it will be partly solving the problems posed by him to my movement and my overall ball control.

My equipment is in my signature.  His equipment is Timo Boll ZLC and either T05 or T80 on forehand and T80 on backhand.

Edited by NextLevel - 08/31/2015 at 5:26pm
Cybershape Carbon
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2015 at 5:35pm
I was wishing I would play someone from here that was taping.  No such luck.  I did have a hit with a couple of guys from online I'd not met in person, and that was cool.

I did play one kid who taped the match but his family was insane.  Pretty sure I'm not getting a hold of that one.  They were yelling at me and to the kid the whole time, and I was saying commentary into the camera.  Would be funny if it surfaced.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2015 at 5:37pm
take it easy just thought you were cool thats all. *you must be thinking too bad I cant body slam him like in the footballs* The reason behind the equipment question was that I noticed your blade/rubber didnt have enough kick/bounce on the block and many times fell short into the net. same goes for the spin/throw. Maybe it was the loop angle but I'd suspect the rubbers. 

PP's blade has much faster block speed and low throw angles on his backhand. T80 makes sense. 

It was a friendly club game for sure. I didnt see any spinny services or 3rd ball strike. 

PP did lots full motion movements of banana flicks, you didn't. 

Edited by ahsq - 08/31/2015 at 5:58pm
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2015 at 6:57pm

Us mucking about in Fred's grandparent's garden earlier in the summer.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2015 at 12:11am

It's a club match - what am I supposed to do?  That said, without kids like that, I would never have broken 2000.  And if my body holds up well enough for me to take a crack at 2100, it will be partly solving the problems posed by him to my movement and my overall ball control.

My equipment is in my signature.  His equipment is Timo Boll ZLC and either T05 or T80 on forehand and T80 on backhand.

NextLevel, your backhand is sick, i would not want to be on the receiving side of those topspins
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2015 at 12:46am

take it easy just thought you were cool thats all. *you must be thinking too bad I cant body slam him like in the footballs* The reason behind the equipment question was that I noticed your blade/rubber didnt have enough kick/bounce on the block and many times fell short into the net. same goes for the spin/throw. Maybe it was the loop angle but I'd suspect the rubbers. 

PP's blade has much faster block speed and low throw angles on his backhand. T80 makes sense. 

It was a friendly club game for sure. I didnt see any spinny services or 3rd ball strike. 

PP did lots full motion movements of banana flicks, you didn't. 

On the equipment:  That's pretty insightful and I arrived at the same conclusion after reviewing my matches yesterday - my setup is too slow for quick countering, but I slowed it down for a reason to work on my movement and my long term game - it does hurt on a day like Sunday when I am playing with half a knee instead of two knees.

On the backhand technique question, I don't think there was any real difference other than youth and mobility.  He didn't do any flicks - he mostly pushed the ball and I didn't have the mobility to take the ball in my strike zone.  I did more actual flicks of short or half-long balls than he did.  Obviously, I missed my fair share as well.
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2015 at 12:46am
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

NextLevel, your backhand is sick, i would not want to be on the receiving side of those topspins

Thanks.  I tell BH-Man that I was the original but he doesn't agree.  We will see.
Cybershape Carbon
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2015 at 5:41pm

Good stuff, heavyspin.  But did you really have to put the camera in that corner for a match between two right handed players?

I didn't put the camera there, it was Philippe's camera.
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2015 at 6:20pm

My bad - I thought you recorded it.  So many good points ruined by the camera view....
Cybershape Carbon
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2015 at 9:37pm
Here is a highlight video of my first month playing shakehand!  These are clips from two tournaments' U2150 events:

Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2015 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

Here is a highlight video of my first month playing shakehand!  These are clips from two tournaments' U2150 events:

Nice video Schen. Looking real good. Hope you hit 2000 soon. Good Luck!!!
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 2:22am

The worst part is that he used some sort of fisheye lens, distorting the pictures and making it impossible to get a good view of the match. I normally really like watching Larry's matches but I couldn't even make it all the way through this one.
monster23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote monster23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 6:42am

Here is a video of me getting annihilated by a 5 ft 10 13 year old giant kid who beat both Phillipe Dassonval and Rich DeWitt to win the U2200 at Westchester yesterday.  I was just road kill on the journey.   Motto: beware of who you give training tools to - you just might end up helping train someone to beat you mercilessly.

This kid has a very lazy playing style. He does not
even bend his knees.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 7:51am
Yes, he is from the Adrian Crisan playing style of table tennis.  That said, he knows his opponent well enough to know what he can get away with.
Cybershape Carbon
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 9:10am

The worst part is that he used some sort of fisheye lens, distorting the pictures and making it impossible to get a good view of the match. I normally really like watching Larry's matches but I couldn't even make it all the way through this one.
I got dizzy from the zooming effect, and had to stop about 20 secs in.  I wouldn't doubt that this camera can add 100+ lbs to any one LOL.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 9:16am

You chop very well for someone who just switch to SH.  Very nice video.

Ringer84 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringer84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 10:24am
Originally posted by 42andbackpains 42andbackpains wrote:

Nice video Schen. Looking real good. Hope you hit 2000 soon. Good Luck!!!

Schen is not 2000+?
USATT Rating: 1785
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Andro Rasant
BH: Baracuda
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 10:40am
He moved to California. That drops 209 pts from your rating until you move out.
Cybershape Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 25>
  Share Topic