Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 25>
Author
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2015 at 6:27pm

Same depressing problems as always. Just going through the motions and making a vid I can look back on someday to pretend I was better than I was by cherry picking about one point per match. Woo.

Sponsored Links

ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2015 at 6:39pm
Really good show reel . some good fun points in there!
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2015 at 6:41pm
Great video, Eric.  My points never last long enough for me to do anything like that - I loop to kill.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2015 at 7:06pm
I always enjoy your videos, whether they are inclusive or just highlights.  And I don't think you should be too hard on yourself, as soon of those opponents were pretty good players.

Given your generally good footwork and decent strokes, I have to wonder why you don't do better (higher rating).  Could it be that you are mixing the retriever style and the chopper style in a way that leaves you vulnerable? A lot of your chops are high, which is something that choppers normally avoid.  And maybe too many of your strokes (chops or attacks) are too obvious and to easily anticipated?  Just speculating...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2015 at 8:10pm
^
forehand has no power due to lack of weight transfer, no use of legs, going upward or even backward instead of forward
forehand retrieve weak lobs/fishes instead of solid counters
forehand push often too high and/or dead
backhand weak wristed non-chop that floats up dead balls instead of hard, downward vertical brush for low, quality backspin  
poor conditioning
upright/tree and sluggish when tired
still wearing horizontal stripe shirts
thanks obama
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2015 at 8:19pm
I know you lost to Alan(junior in blue shirt)and Sophal (wearing headband). Just a note mid level lobs against those 2 generally doesn't work against them. They are to familiar with it. Did you beat Nick? I know you beat Reol (green shirt)
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 12:30am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Eric beat Roel??? Good stuff man! He used to be 2200+!

I saw that too and was super impressed.  Eric, how about posting that entire match? You had to be playing well for that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 4:40am
Not.. really.. bit of a ragged match. Lot of errors both ways; not that interesting. I could see flashes of his 2000 counter game coming online if I tried looping at him too much. By contrast he was having an unusually high amount of problems with the LP for that level so midway through I started covering more of the table with it than usual and even pushblocking some to keep it as awkward as possible. I got the impression that he was a normally better player that was just a little out of it then for whatever reason.

Sophal on the other hand was pretty sharp - much improved since last year.
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

^
forehand has no power due to lack of weight transfer, no use of legs, going upward or even backward instead of forward
forehand retrieve weak lobs/fishes instead of solid counters
forehand push often too high and/or dead
backhand weak wristed non-chop that floats up dead balls instead of hard, downward vertical brush for low, quality backspin  
poor conditioning
upright/tree and sluggish when tired
still wearing horizontal stripe shirts
thanks obama

Ha, ha! Really funny last couple of lines! Well played, Eric. 

I go to Portland every other summer or so to visit my folks.  (Is that the Tualatin Rec Centre?) I always enjoy a great knock there.  Must have one with you when I'm visiting next.  Btw, what setup are you using in the vid?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

Not.. really.. bit of a ragged match. Lot of errors both ways; not that interesting. I could see flashes of his 2000 counter game coming online if I tried looping at him too much. By contrast he was having an unusually high amount of problems with the LP for that level so midway through I started covering more of the table with it than usual and even pushblocking some to keep it as awkward as possible. I got the impression that he was a normally better player that was just a little out of it then for whatever reason.

Sophal on the other hand was pretty sharp - much improved since last year.

It's interesting how fun your points are and how negative you are about your game in general.  Would never have thunk it watching it.  It's okay to beat someone because they can't loop LP balls.  Really.  I can't do it, but when I lose to those m***f*** S**b*gsTongue with LP, I shake their hands like I shake everyone else's, accept they outplayed me (since I sometimes put those m***f*** S**b*gsTongue in TT body bags)  and put one in the L column.
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 12:18pm

results of the 2015 Stiga Portland Open are published:

Those have been up there for a while.
Cybershape Carbon
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 12:33pm

lots of defaulting in the O40 lol
that was because it was 9pm and some people still had a 3 hour drive home. They were so far behind schedule it was ridiculous. For example the quarterfinal match between Valeri and Naoki was just starting at 845pm. The event started at noon. It was probably after 1030pm before they for finished. It would have been later than that but the finalists in both the 2100 and 2300 split the prize money.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 12:39pm
I noticed that one of the Oregon players (the lobber who benfb calls an attacker) who did well at Nationals last year dumped 100 pts at a tournament in August.  Of course, they could just be bad losses but the timing is interesting if he is playing Nationals.  And he beat you at that tournament too, Vince.  What's up with that?
Cybershape Carbon
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 12:47pm
He (Michael Groom)had a bad tournament at the Seattle Open. I made the mistake of trying to play in the tournament and running it at the same time. He did take down a 2124 player at this tournament. He is not going to Nationals and he doesn't have it in him to dump points. He tries to win every match he plays.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

He (Michael Groom)had a bad tournament at the Seattle Open. I made the mistake of trying to play in the tournament and running it at the same time. He did take down a 2124 player at this tournament. He is not going to Nationals and he doesn't have it in him to dump points. He tries to win every match he plays.

Good.  Easier to ask than speculate in private and I am happy you were so emphatic in your rejection of my rumor mongering.
Cybershape Carbon
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2015 at 4:13am
Here is a brief collection of points from my preliminary matches at the JOOLA NA Teams this past weekend!

Still trying to figure out this whole defense thing, although I did not have that many opportunities (opponents who loop everything) to chop in division 6.  
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2015 at 9:58am
Nice highlights. It seems you are constantly looking for the opportunity to attack despite playing defense. That's what happens when I try to play this style. I think a purer form of chopping is more focused on tactics to cause the opponent to make errors. Some pushes or chops when you're close to the table are not so difficult to attack if you're opponents are higher level. In any case, I'm impressed with how your shake hand fh loop has developed from a penholder not long ago.
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2015 at 12:23am
vs khmd at 2015 JOOLA NA Teams!

Dynasty / H3 / H3
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2015 at 8:46am
Man....I didn't know you were there. WE could have had a friendly match!!

FH is VERY impressive.

VS khmd, was it Sun afternoon? Not many matches around your table.
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2015 at 1:36pm
Thanks, and yeah I missed you again, would've loved to hit with you!

Against khmd, it was saturday afternoon - our matches got delayed into the lunch break hour I believe so everyone else was already done around us.

Dynasty / H3 / H3
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2015 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

Here is a brief collection of points from my preliminary matches at the JOOLA NA Teams this past weekend!

Man, I wish I could play like you - winning all the points! Wink

Seriously, you played really well in the highlights. Now you need to raise the consistency a bit and you'll be golden.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2015 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

Man, I wish I could play like you - winning all the points! Wink

Seriously, you played really well in the highlights. Now you need to raise the consistency a bit and you'll be golden.

Schen in a nutshell, even when he played with RPB. LOL
Cybershape Carbon
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2015 at 6:46pm
Fatt, it is actually quite the opposite! The immune ox classic is asymetrical, using a soft and very slow wood for the backhand and a harder allround+ wood for the FH. I also only use short pips, not long pips.

I actually don't mind pushing the balls high (as long as they land deep near the white line) because a lot of my opponents misread the spin/no-spin variations from my short pips pips on both chops and pushes. At this level i almost have to tempt them into attacking otherwise it would be a never ending push war haha

Edited by schen - 12/07/2015 at 9:22pm

Dynasty / H3 / H3
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2016 at 11:37pm
The Return of the Penhold

No highlight video this time, just the full-short-form matches of the toughest three players I played in the February LATTA Open Smile.  Finally after three long years I've brought my rating above 2000 for the first time!  It has been three months since I returned to penhold.  

vs 2225

vs 2089

vs 2258

Onward to 2200!  Cool

Edited by schen - 03/07/2016 at 1:43am

Dynasty / H3 / H3
siestakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siestakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2016 at 12:31pm

Very good quality pictures , Joos forehand loop is something else !
Siesta Key
W968
Omega Tour 7 i
Ringer84 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringer84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2016 at 2:54pm
USATT Rating: 1785
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Andro Rasant
BH: Baracuda
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2016 at 3:11pm
Congrats, Steve.   I knew you would join that class of annoying penhold servers from CA that piss me off at the Nationals.  Hopefully, I can make it in July and we can do battle again sometime.
Cybershape Carbon
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2016 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Ringer84 Ringer84 wrote:

omg I love you for making this hahaha

Dynasty / H3 / H3
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2016 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Congrats, Steve.   I knew you would join that class of annoying penhold servers from CA that piss me off at the Nationals.  Hopefully, I can make it in July and we can do battle again sometime.

Hahaha let's definitely meet again at this coming nationals!

Dynasty / H3 / H3
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2016 at 3:21pm
Hi, Ringer84

What software did you use to make the gif file?

The one I used can not produce large photo dimension like you did.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 25>
  Share Topic