FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 25>
Author
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2014 at 10:18pm
hs:

at your best 2 sided inverted do you think you would have done better?

:)
Sponsored Links

tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2014 at 12:31am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Bye the way, you really should have "Choed" when he gave you the point at 10-0.
That made me laugh.

I still think heavyspin should go back to double inverted.

heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2014 at 9:16am
Originally posted by in2spin in2spin wrote:

hs:

at your best 2 sided inverted do you think you would have done better?

:)

That's actually a tricky question because at my best two wing inverted was also when I was 100 lbs lighter and younger. Yes I would have done better, but mostly due to having a superior fitness level. So the real question is if I would have done better if I used two winged inverted that day. I would answer yes, but "done better" would mean the points would go up in quality while Oya wins just as easily.  
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2014 at 8:08pm
Just loaded my top 15 plays from the US Open.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2014 at 9:11pm
Sounds like Rich was your biggest fan...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2014 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Just loaded my top 15 plays from the US Open.

Great video!
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2014 at 10:40pm
so much touch! this is great play.
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 1:30am
How come whenever I go to make up a "Best Shots" video from one of my tournaments all of the  great shots I can find are from my opponents :).

Great video Larry.  Keep up the good work.  Do you have any plans for a new "Training" video?

Mark
SadistiClown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SadistiClown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 6:30am

How come whenever I go to make up a "Best Shots" video from one of my tournaments all of the  great shots I can find are from my opponents :).

Great video Larry.  Keep up the good work.  Do you have any plans for a new "Training" video?

Mark

because you make your opponents look really good Sleepy
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 8:41am
What nickname are we gunna give Rich that will stick ??
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 10:15am
Note that my record was 1-6 against the 7 different opponents in my top 15 plays video. Selective highlights can show a different story.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by SadistiClown SadistiClown wrote:

Mark
because you make your opponents look really good Sleepy

Simple put-aways are not great shots.
Great shots follow from good rallies. So, Mark, you must have played well for the shot to look goodWink

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 12:53pm

Note that my record was 1-6 against the 7 different opponents in my top 15 plays video. Selective highlights can show a different story.

Yeah those "highlights" just show how much effort you need to get a point from them. So the more highlights you have against certain people, the better they are
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2014 at 1:20pm

I saw your results on the USATT ratings site and noticed that you had Derek at 2-0 before he came back.  How did that one go and feel?

The highlights were great - did Rich coach you for any matches?
Cybershape Carbon
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2014 at 1:09pm
I must improve my 'swipe game angle mangle'
The Older I get, The better I was.
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2014 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

mr stink

rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2014 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Purett Purett wrote:

Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

mr stink or heavy no spin

rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2014 at 5:58pm
Well seeing as I am back in the game 6 weeks now, here is me playing few years back.
I am not as good atm, been trying to get some decent training in with a partner. Just invested in a bucket of balls for some multiball too!

Anyway here are a couple of vids.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbh3DLjGrY0

and
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r98M7mRu5GI

Edited by Ndragon88 - 09/17/2014 at 10:00am
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 10:53am
NDragon88, you look to me to like you would be a decent Div 1 player in a good local league in the UK. Am I close? It might be that you play in the Premier division, although I'd say you would struggle in that division in my league (which is notoriously strong.)
T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by tabten5 tabten5 wrote:

NDragon88, you look to me to like you would be a decent Div 1 player in a good local league in the UK. Am I close? It might be that you play in the Premier division, although I'd say you would struggle in that division in my league (which is notoriously strong.)

actually your spot on lol. At these times I was playing Div 2 in the NMTTL which is just below Prem. Prem>2>3>4 etc. 
I played Prem for the Chesunt league simply because they didn't have a div 2 team however it is a bit weaker than the NMTTL. I had around 50-60% win rate in both.

Which league you play in?
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 1:47am
Really out of shape I suppose.. went from bouncing in my first match to hands on my knees after every point and using my timeouts just to lay on the floor for a minute. Still picked up significant points and possibly an adjustment from a couple good wins, despite many further what if close losses against much better players (fifth game 9-11 against 2150, fifth game 8-11 or something against 2110, fifth game 9-11 against 1975, fifth game 8-11 against 1950... brutal).

Not sure what the embed here will do but clicking through to Youtube proper has it at 60 FPS now when using Chrome.

Edited by Eric Fountain - 11/03/2014 at 1:48am
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 2:41am
Eric, I think you look good in this clip. But do you only wear shirts with horizontal stripes? I was watching the video and it struck me that it seems likely you always wore those kinds of shirts in the past, too.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 2:43am
Eric - well done. Lot of nice pointsClap
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 3:39am
I still think you are a 2000+ player in disguise. Players like you in my experience are extremely frustrating to play and hard to kill off, even with my power.
Cybershape Carbon
geardaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geardaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2014 at 11:37am
Hey, I noticed in your vid that you played against Thor Truelson.  He has a monster forehand loop.  I'm certainly impressed how you stayed in the point with him that well.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2014 at 7:10am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I still think you are a 2000+ player in disguise. Players like you in my experience are extremely frustrating to play and hard to kill off, even with my power.
no fanboyism there at all...
You need to know and/or explain better what constitutes a 2000 player; I understand where your statement comes from though...that magic number hits the mind of most u2k players who pretend knowing something about the game.

The most important features of 2000+ players are that they generally loop/attack first when they can and if they don't, they can bring back loops with a counter that puts the opponent under pressure by using pace or consistency (and for more advanced players, placement). This is the approach that I have taken to developing my game.

Eric has the ability to bring back balls consistently. What is missing is his ability to finish the point when he is given an opportunity to attack, though this video shows some serious improvement. He just needs one shot that he can throw at (or rather, AWAY) people who give him attackable balls.

Edited by NextLevel - 11/05/2014 at 8:23am
Cybershape Carbon
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2014 at 7:13am

You need to know and/or explain better what constitutes a 2000 player; I understand where your statement comes from though...that magic number hits the mind of most u2k players who pretend knowing something about the game.

I know at the club that I play at the 2000 level and over are on a total different level than some one 1800 and under.
Shifter
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2014 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

I know at the club that I play at the 2000 level and over are on a total different level than some one 1800 and under.

Fatt's just trying to say that I have no idea what it takes to be a 2000+ player.  Health permitting, I'll let my game with all its ups and downs speak for itself.
Cybershape Carbon
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2014 at 3:49pm
You look significantly better in this highlight video than in the one you posted in June.
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2014 at 10:17pm
Thanks all, but just highlights.. selective editing will make anyone look good. Still have a long way to go for anything like 2000. Local feedback (from better players) was similar - impressed with chop and consistency but really need to improve FH power / loop efficiency. The video doesn't really show it but I was just deathly tired in no time as well.. my poor diet and lack of exercise (TT once a week) is another opportunity area (that I probably won't reasonably address).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 25>
  Share Topic