Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This is a real Tenergy-05?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
winterdrops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is a real Tenergy-05?
    Posted: 07/29/2012 at 3:54pm
Hi guys.

I bought a new Tenergy-05 from my friend for 60 $. But I have some doubts about it. Is this a real or fake Tenergy-05? Can you help me please?

Thank you for your helps.

Here are the pics.

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 3:59pm
You can see full size pics by clicking on it.
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 4:50pm
 If it plays better than the original, it is 100% fake. Have you  tried it?
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 4:53pm
You have it on your blade, you can easily decide whether it is fake or not. Just play with it. Or have it tried by a mate who knows how a Tenergy should play.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 4:56pm
I have never played with Tenergy. I dont know what the charecteristics of Tenergy.
This is first. I have tried some other (Tibhar, Joola, Xiom) rubbers. I am intermediate level player.
Whay did you say like this " if it plays better than the original, it is 100% fake."
Fake tenergies are better? You must be kidding?
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 4:58pm
T05 topsheet is not this thick. It is fake.

Real T05 topsheet's pips and solid part is 50/50 equal thickness.

Edit: Also, the rubber has a little extra at the bottom. Real T05's logo ends right below the "05" stripe.
The "Tenergy" logo here is also a little bolder than on the real sheet.

Edited by cotdt - 07/29/2012 at 5:02pm
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
konnichwakid1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konnichwakid1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 4:58pm
Looks real
Jun Mizutani with Tenergies
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 5:13pm
so FAKE!! the pips structure are way too widespread. the gaps between each pip should be much closer. 

i have no doubt it is a fake. i would not pay $60 for this...
RSM Special Platinum T64
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 5:43pm
Sorry mate, looks fake to me. Topsheet looks wrong.

Also, I see in the butterfly Europe 2012 catalog that the packaging has been changed to help identify fakes. There should be a barcode in the bottom right of the back of the package. And there should be a "7 digit laser code" on the front cover, just below the "N" of the main TENERGY logo. Of course, this could just be an old package, and maybe this is just for the European market, but the rubber itself looks a bit dodgy anyway...
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 7:08pm
get someone who has played with tenergy before to play with it
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

get someone who has played with tenergy before to play with it

no need, because it doesn't even LOOK like a tenergy. the logo doesn't even look the same and there is some "extra" rubber below the logo.
Nittaku Resound

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 8:00pm
Thank you guys.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by winterdrops winterdrops wrote:

Thank you guys.
so was he a good mate who sold you this (these) rubber(s)?

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
stepheN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepheN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Sorry mate, looks fake to me. Topsheet looks wrong.

Also, I see in the butterfly Europe 2012 catalog that the packaging has been changed to help identify fakes. There should be a barcode in the bottom right of the back of the package. And there should be a "7 digit laser code" on the front cover, just below the "N" of the main TENERGY logo. Of course, this could just be an old package, and maybe this is just for the European market, but the rubber itself looks a bit dodgy anyway...

but, as you said, this probably only counts for butterfly products distributed in europe.
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 10:17pm

Hi guys.

I bought a new Tenergy-05 from my friend for 60 $. But I have some doubts about it. Is this a real or fake Tenergy-05? Can you help me please?

Thank you for your helps.

what a great friend!
Nittaku Resound
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 10:25pm
fake. 

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 3:12am
Looks fake to me ad well. I have a pretty new sheet of 05 red to compare to and it looks off by a lot
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 3:19am
Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

the rubber has a little extra at the bottom. Real T05's logo ends right below the "05" stripe.

++, ergo fake
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 3:26am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

And there should be a "7 digit laser code" on the front cover, just below the "N" of the main TENERGY logo.

Actually, two of them - the second duplicate code is right to the left upper corner of the red "Spring Sponge" tag.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 3:28am
I quit using Tenergy a couple years ago. Maybe new batches have changed from that time but this topsheet looks kinda suspicious.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Mahdi_mak2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi_mak2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 3:37am
Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

T05 topsheet is not this thick. It is fake.

Real T05 topsheet's pips and solid part is 50/50 equal thickness.

Edit: Also, the rubber has a little extra at the bottom. Real T05's logo ends right below the "05" stripe.
The "Tenergy" logo here is also a little bolder than on the real sheet.

+1
little extra on the bottom,
BTY Viscaria
BH : Tenergy 05
FH : Tenergy 05

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 4:05am
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

Thank you guys.
so was he a good mate who sold you this (these) rubber(s)?

I dont think he sold this deliberately. He is a good guy. I think he doesn't know selling fake one. I will talk to him. Obviously he will be positive.
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 4:27am
How does the fakes play better than real ones?
I never bought or played with a Tenergy before, and just know there are all these hypes
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 4:53am
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

How does the fakes play better than real ones?I never bought or played with a Tenergy before, and just know there are all these hypes

I doubt they do, but that said everytime I have had a hit with tenergy I have failed to understand the hype. Hit with a Bluefire and you will know it though!

I reacon get another S3 to match the other side and loop away!
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic