FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What is this booster?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is this booster?
    Posted: 08/29/2012 at 5:24am
Hello everyone, 

My brother recently went to China, and bought be some kind of booster. It's shaped like a Cylinder and says Haifu Whale. The colour is purple, and I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

I also have a question about bootsers. Would it work on Euro/Jap rubbers like Gold Arc 3, or would it work better with chinese rubbers?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Sponsored Links

Jerem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 6:59am
http://ttnpp.com/shop/hai-fu-speed-glue-blue-whale-ii-250ml-p-86.html

This is probably a speedglue : )
silva7 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silva7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 8:19am
my question is.... why would you even think of boosting jap/euro rubbers??? 
RSM Special Platinum T64
DHSHurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSHurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 10:04am
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Table-Tennis-Ping-Pong-Speed-Glue-Haifu-BLUE-WHALE-II-/310183497284?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4838608e44

I think this is it. Yes it works on All rubbers. ever tried Parrafine oil? that will do the job too!
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 1:33pm
Haifu speed glue will have a much more pronounced effect than most boosters, but your mileage may vary on softer sponges.

Haifu actually made a speed glue for softer sponges. Dolphin maybe?

That glue it's classic nasty VOC speed glue, totally detectable with ENEZ.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
DHSHurricane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSHurricane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 1:34pm
He wasn't asked if it was detectable;)
bit of the softer sponges I didn't know, thanks!

maybe Parrafine is better, It works great on all DHS stuff
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 2:33pm
That is good ol' speed glue. When I was in China, I got some bottles for $4 each. It's cheap and effective, that's why people in China still speed glue. Only lasts 2-3 hours though. It softens the sponge a huge amount. Boosters only soften by 3 degrees, this thing softens by 10 degrees.

Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 5:40pm
I've read that non Neo Hurricanes need speed glued to play to their potential , and after a few days will pass the test for tournament play, but it softens the sponge. Is this correct ? 
Shifter
alsj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alsj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by DHSHurricane DHSHurricane wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Table-Tennis-Ping-Pong-Speed-Glue-Haifu-BLUE-WHALE-II-/310183497284?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4838608e44

I think this is it. Yes it works on All rubbers. ever tried Parrafine oil? that will do the job too!

Have you ever bought haifu speed glue from ebay? was actually wondering if it was fake stuff or not

first post btw :D

Edited by alsj - 08/29/2012 at 6:42pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 6:53pm
Got it from China by the way, could anyone give me a recommendation as to what Chinese rubber to use with this?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
alsj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alsj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 6:59pm
i liked milkyway jupiter heavily speed glued back in the days, was pretty easy to loop with

btw, how much did your brother buy the bottle for?
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2012 at 7:17pm
anything with a hard sponge such as hurricane and skyline
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2012 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Roger Stillabower Roger Stillabower wrote:

I've read that non Neo Hurricanes need speed glued to play to their potential , and after a few days will pass the test for tournament play, but it softens the sponge. Is this correct ? 
I have also read (I dont remember where) that the Haifu W2 speed glue pass the test when it has been used 4-5 days before. Even that some chinesse female players still use it in european leages. Glue their rubbers some days before the competition.
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2012 at 3:12am
Originally posted by jabemu jabemu wrote:

I have also read (I dont remember where) that the Haifu W2 speed glue pass the test when it has been used 4-5 days before. Even that some chinesse female players still use it in european leages. Glue their rubbers some days before the competition.

What's the point? The effect only lasts a few hours anyway.
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2012 at 3:46am
Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

I only have experience with hard rubbers as H3 or TG2. The advantages are that, 4 days after, the sponge is still softer and still maintain some more speed and spin that if you dont use it. I have checked it with TG2 and it is so, those characteristics dissapears 8-10 days after you glued the rubber. If you glued the rubber on monday-tueday you can play so on saturday. 

I glued the rubber with 1-ply of Haifu W2 putting the rubber in a reverse way (sponge on the table/plastic of packet of the rubber) to make stronger the effect of the glue to avoid the use of more plies.

My doubt is if it is true that the test is passed....
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2012 at 4:23pm
My brother bought it for 40 Yuan - £4.

Will the rubber shrink when I try to boost it and will it still stay softer?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
alsj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alsj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2012 at 7:15pm
its a temporary buff, it will regain its original softness after some hours

once glued, it will shrink after some time if you stretch it (but doesnt matter as u will have to reglue it to regain the speed/spin/sponge softness buffs)
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2013 at 5:54am
I'm back, I went to China this time, now, would MX-P go better with Speed Glue Dolphin, or would it work with Haifu Whale 2 glue as well? I think MX-P is medium hard sponge.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2013 at 8:19am
@SmackDAT

Sir,
You have now got some torment into your ass with the booster.
You are incuring the risk of getting your every large-porosity sponge rubber totally degraded after booster/SG applications. Beware......

Edited by igorponger - 08/10/2013 at 9:22am
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2013 at 8:50am
Seriously? What would happen to it? What are the dangers? Seriously, I need to know.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2013 at 11:19am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Seriously? What would happen to it? What are the dangers? Seriously, I need to know.

First of all, igorponger is the resident speed glue/tuner prude, don't mind him.  Basically with sponge that has very large pores that respond very strongly to speed glue/tuner, it's very easy to kill the sponge by using too much.  Make sure that with anything you use, if it's applied to a Tensor style rubber, use it sparingly.

Edited by Carbon TT - 08/10/2013 at 11:21am
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2013 at 11:38am
Ahh I see. What if I used it on a rubber for example H3 Neo? I can't really afford to adapt but I just bought 8 bottles of Haifu speed glue for £32 it would be a waste if I couldn't use it.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2013 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

There is a residual effect from speedglue that lasts well over a week. That's half the reason you prime it before you start fresh gluing it. 

If you don't mind regluing once every 10 days or so, it's a great alternative to buying a booster as the effect is as strong as light-medium boosting. 

Edited by beeray1 - 08/10/2013 at 2:12pm
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2013 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Ahh I see. What if I used it on a rubber for example H3 Neo? I can't really afford to adapt but I just bought 8 bottles of Haifu speed glue for £32 it would be a waste if I couldn't use it.

Hurricane is one of the higher quality Chinese rubbers and in my experience tends to not have any issues with topsheet de-lamination when highly glued or tuned.  Since speed glue is something you are not familiar with, I would begin with a modest amount, say maybe two layers on bare sponge.  Since you mentioned NEO I would probably recommend removing the factory glue layer since speed glue does have adhesive properties.  Back when speed glue was legal my brother and I would make our own and I would apply 3-4 pretty substantial layers with no issues with adhesion.
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic