FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Stradivarius vs Zetro Quad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stradivarius vs Zetro Quad
    Posted: 09/29/2012 at 10:40am
Can someone compare these 2 blades for me?  Please mention if you've actually used both or if you're basing it on ratings sites.
I really like the Stradivarius and I'm very curious about the Zetro Quad.
Sponsored Links

robs75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robs75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2012 at 12:11pm
I would be interested as well, thanks
Acuda S1 - Butterfly Timo Boll ALC - Hurricane 3
yylik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2012 at 10:39pm
Hi,
I own a Zetro Quad and photino. The feeling of both blades is similar. Zetro Quad has a larger handle, slighty harder feel but slightly slower speed. If you want to play a photino but unwilling to pay for the high price, Zetro Quad is a good choice.

I have never played with Stradivarius.
swampthing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampthing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2012 at 11:38pm
A friend of mine was using the Stradivarius and switched to the Zetro.  Notable parts of his Zetro review:

"Loops: Doesn't matter what kind of loop. The brush loop is nice and easy. I actually think the brush loop is more rubber type dependent than it is blade dependent. Loop drives are absolutely great with this blade. They are very crisp and have a lot of bite on them. It doesn't produce quite as much kick off the table as the Stradivarius, but it isn't devoid of it like a lot of carbon blades. Since getting the Zetro Quad I have really gotten a better understanding of using the entire table as it pertains to looping. Short angles, heavy driving angles have been very easy and controlled with this blade.

Counters: This is the stroke that I have been pretty poor at most of the time. I took some time playing with a very stiff blade to work on this stroke just go get a good idea of how it could help me in game play. Then switched back to the Stradivarius which was so flexible that this stroke was just very difficult to control. After having gotten the Zetro Quad I have found the best balance of being able to flat drive the ball, and loop all in the same blade. This has been a difficult search, but I'm very satisfied in retrospect. I have no intentions of switching from this blade anytime soon."
Xiom Zetro Quad: FH: Hexer HD, BH: Hexer HD
Galaxy K-4: Tibhar Nimbus Medium, Palio Blitz
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2012 at 11:47pm
I read that on ttdb.  It was a more in depth review than I was used to seeing on there.  I was surprised that he found it had less kick off the table on loops since it was supposedly more geared towards topspin.
chameleon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 9:48am
Originally posted by yylik yylik wrote:

Hi,
I own a Zetro Quad and photino. The feeling of both blades is similar. Zetro Quad has a larger handle, slighty harder feel but slightly slower speed. If you want to play a photino but unwilling to pay for the high price, Zetro Quad is a good choice.

good thing i've read your post...might as well give the zetro quad a try/test before i commit myself to the photino...thanks!
Ma Lin Carbon ST
FH: Acuda S3 max
BH: Joola Turbo 2.0
STIGA Offensive Classic
FH: Acuda S2 max
BH: 802-40 max
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 11:17am
I've tried both and I think Stradivarius is easier to play with it .I like the feeling of it.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 3:16pm

Hi,

could be an upgrade for someone who plays with clipper but looking for extra punch?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 3:50pm
Apologies for the plug but someone may find it useful: if anyone is in the market for a used Stradivarius:

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2012 at 4:17pm

Hi,

+1; i own both too and going from one to the other does not require much adaptation time.
Jack C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2013 at 10:09pm
How does the Zetro Quad compares to the Amultart? Softer, harder?
BTY ZJK SUPER ZLC CPEN/STIGA XX CS
FH: DIGNICS 09C/ H3 NATIONAL
BH: SKYLINE 3-60

My Feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2013 at 10:16am
How does the Zetro Quad compare to the Innerforce ALC?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2017 at 5:47pm
zetro quad softer than amultart, stiffer than infce alc but I feel like I have a more solid feeling from the zetro quad than both those blades

Feng Shuei
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2017 at 10:58pm
the z quad is very different from amultart and inferforce alc. amultart is fast as heck, and innferforce is much slower. I've tried z quad it with the hurricane 3, but i don't know if anyone else has done this? if they did, was it a suitable match for them? how about the xiom ignito with hurricane 3 fore hand?
Feng Shuei
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2017 at 11:05pm
also does anyone know how a zetroqiad compares with a viscaria or ignito?
Feng Shuei
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 12:05am
My EJ ended after I used ZQ 5 years ago. Tried just about anything. Had 3 Amultarts, Photinos, 1 ply blades, 1980s DHS PF4, hundreds of blades... Still keep old Avalox P700s.
All 3 ZQ I have are all ST and I have their very thin handles custom-thickened by a pro.
I just wish to have a custom Axelo and ZQ hybrid. (Axelo for my SP BH, ZQ for my FH).

I don't like Strad (there are like 2 variations of stradivarius, I've tried both).
Strad has much less dwell than ZQ.

Viscaria is slower, vibrates a bit more than ZQ, dwell about the same. Viscaria with SP = not ideal.
Ignito is a thick faster, IIRC, but less dwell.

(PS: Axelo/Primorac Carbon/Schlager Carbon/Gergely Alpha/Sardius are all similarly built and play very similar. Too fast for me, minimal dwell, wonderful with BH SP, though)

You can't go wrong with ZQ, it's just a looping machine. Clap
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 4:24am
I've played both blades. Zetro.Quad is my main blade for about two years now. I own two of them. Excellent feel, control, and pretty good at just about everything. Ive owned a Stradivarius before and I didn't care for it. The Stradivarius I owned had a hard, harsh feel to it. It was one of my least favorite blades ever. It crossed my mind that the Strad may have even been a fake. I don't think that's a commonly faked blade, is it? It was ok for looping and making spin, but it was awful at flat hitting. Who knows? Maybe I got a bad one?

Edited by ericd937 - 12/17/2017 at 4:26am
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Shrek View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 5:10pm
is the Zetro Quad slower than the Strad?

If so how good is it for looping ? with Vega Pro
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 8:04pm
The Strad I had, felt dead. Not fast at all. I have a friend who plays Yinhe W-4. Strad had the same feeling as that. Not my style.

Edited by ericd937 - 12/17/2017 at 8:06pm
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Shrek Shrek wrote:

Zetro Quad is a very nice blade for looping, especially for the forehand loop. 
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 10:18pm
zetro quad is faster than Stradivarius, the zylong and inner carbon layer kicks in and smashes wonderfully. has anyone tried hurricane 3 Neo on the ignito or zero quad? how well do they pair? 

Edited by m123456 - 12/17/2017 at 10:21pm
Feng Shuei
Shrek View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2017 at 4:33am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Originally posted by Shrek Shrek wrote:

Zetro Quad is a very nice blade for looping, especially for the forehand loop. 

Thanks 

I found the Strad i found to fast so the Zetro Quad will be even more

I Currently play with a STIGA Offensive Classic Carbon - What XIOM Blade would be the Equivalent?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic