Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TIBHAR Evolution rubber FX-P, EL-P, MX-S, MX-P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Has anyone tried the EL-P yet? I think that it would be a lot easier to use than MX-S/P and I would hope that it would be in between T05-05FX in performance, but with better speed and more control.

If anyone has tried it, please post here.

According to a French forum member the EL-P much harder then the T05 FX and just a bit less then the T05. But I think more testing from other people needs to be done before coming to a conclusion. Also my impression is that the arc is not as high as T05 or Bluefire M1/M2. More like T64. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Sponsored Links

carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

very good feedback

can you write down your opinion if the rubber is ESN like (Rasant, Bluefire etc...),or more Japan (tenergy) like?

Well because of hardness I would say Bluefire but I am not completely sure. I only tested directly in comparison with T05 for the moment. Next will be comparison with T64 and then with Bluefire M2. 

Many other members on the french forum compared the rubber to Bluefire and Rasant. 

One forum member tried EL-P as well and apparently it is also not too soft between T05 and T64 in hardness. He was most enthusiastic about the FX-P for the moment which apparently is more Tenergy like but with the softness of T05FX or T64FX. 

Just glued the MX-P on my blade with T64 and on the bounce it seems a tiny bit faster and not that hard but the difference is that the sponge is harder so the stronger you play the harder it will feel. Also on the bounce it seems more ESN like again. 

I don't why but the MX-P reminded me a bit of the feel of the Haifu Whale II Factory tuned with red sponge. The MX-P is better quality of course and is not sticky like the Whale. 

Anyway won't say much more until the next tests a part that they are very heavy!!! On a TBS the weight is 49-50gr minimum. The one I have right now was cut a bit larger and weights 53gr!!!

thanks a lot

Edited by carmelomaf - 11/25/2012 at 6:00pm
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 6:35pm
I don't know what they are doing but even though the rubbers seem quite good they are making to much marketing fuzz about it. But in a certain way it's smart. Better to brand a rubber tenergy-like than ESN like even if it's not true. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2012 at 7:07pm

I don't know what they are doing but even though the rubbers seem quite good they are making to much marketing fuzz about it. But in a certain way it's smart. Better to brand a rubber tenergy-like than ESN like even if it's not true. 

;)

very smart

but we are not stupid

Edited by carmelomaf - 11/22/2012 at 7:08pm

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 9:15am
As i expected from the very begginning, this thread was opened to generate great expectation about something to boost sales  that is going to be released soon.  By change anyone registered, the spit a few paragraphs and afterwards E´jing fever begins to wake up on us mere junkies.

Honestly, if the reviewer was a trusty member i would trust him, but looks like another spammer that dissapears after a few posts...

I was talking with the guy that runs the shop owned by V.Samsonov (a former national champion)  in Spain and stated that was an upgraded over 1Q, but Tenergy still feels spinner....

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 10:50am
very good

Edited by carmelomaf - 11/25/2012 at 4:38pm

frenchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 10:57am

According to a French forum member the EL-P much harder then the T05 FX and just a bit less then the T05. But I think more testing from other people needs to be done before coming to a conclusion. Also my impression is that the arc is not as high as T05 or Bluefire M1/M2. More like T64. 

One forum member tried EL-P as well and apparently it is also not too soft between T05 and T64 in hardness. He was most enthusiastic about the FX-P for the moment which apparently is more Tenergy like but with the softness of T05FX or T64FX.

Somebody's speaking of my review ? What an honor ! 
Hi my friend Jean Michel ! Wink

Many people in France are crying since we wrote Tibhar's new rubbers are not cheapest and fastest Tenergy. Great rubbers but no high arc on MX-P, less speed than T05 on EL-P and also great sensations with FX-P version !!! 

Edited by frenchy - 11/23/2012 at 11:00am
Adidas Hypertouch / M2 / Tenzone SF
KleinesDickesAilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KleinesDickesAilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 11:09am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

As i expected from the very begginning, this thread was opened to generate great expectation about something to boost sales  that is going to be released soon.  By change anyone registered, the spit a few paragraphs and afterwards E´jing fever begins to wake up on us mere junkies.

You are goddamn right! The OP provided high quality pics of jucy rubbers in order to make us drool and obey to our EJism.
Kugelblitz
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2012 at 9:20pm
I stand by my comments. Used Evolution MP-X 3 weeks and mailed it off to a forum friend in USA. (2200 defender who can pop open the ol' can O' Whoop-Em on FH attacking. I disagree and say Evolution is faster than T05 and T64. Not as spinny as T05 on half strokes, but every bit as spinny on full strokes. MX-P is real hard sponge, but I like that on FH. Top speed faster than both Tenergies. Control real nice. I have played Aurus on FH for about a year and I have gotton very used to a very hard-sponged medium fast control OFF rubber. Evolution MX-P is in that mold. Just does everything a bit better. I can get by just fine with Aurus on my FH. I use Aurus as FH rubber for each blade I test. There is a lot of hype about Evolution and it deserves some for being a new rubber, but it is an entirely different rubber than Tenergy, even if it plays like a slightly juicier/faster version of T64, it does not feel like either Tenergy.

EDIT: Yeah, I certainly agree that the throw is much lower than T05. Aurus is medium throw and Evolution MX-P is right at the throw of Aurus. Such a high throw has its plus and minus. With that high throw, you dont need quite and open blade on looping vs underspin, but you adjust, so that part is a wash I feel. What is destructive about high-spin & high throw is the ball will at the end drop vertically very severe, that alone can be troubling if hte drop is at endline and the severe kick afterwards is very troublesome to opponents. T05 excelled at this and is still the easiest rubber to do loop to loop rallies with any speed of stroke control was and still is unparralled in my crappy A-hole opinion. The medium throw is more predictable for the player hitting and the kick form hookshot spin or topsin is still troubling. The uber-low throw rubbers like Calibra LT are great at full stroke looping vs incoming topspin. The ball goes off rediculous fast, stays low, even against heavy topspin, and dips real late, then kicks off wicked fast real low. That is also troubling. The player has to decide for himself/herself which kind of rubber propertes are best suited as a balance of what the player can do, how they are confident with the rubber, how well and how consistant the rubber performs (control / landing it on the table) and how well/poorly opponents fare vs the game with such and such rubber. Price is also a factor if rubber is like Tenergy price and you are not sponsored by BTY or a shop feeding you Tenergies like you are in a country club buffet.

I would recommend trying this rubber out if you are an OFF player wanting to try a high end rubber different from Tenergy that can perform just as well in many areas, some areas weaker, some areas better.

Edited by BH-Man - 11/23/2012 at 9:31pm
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I disagree and say Evolution is faster than T05 and T64. Not as spinny as T05 on half strokes, but every bit as spinny on full strokes. MX-P is real hard sponge, but I like that on FH. Top speed faster than both Tenergies. There is a lot of hype about Evolution and it deserves some for being a new rubber, but it is an entirely different rubber than Tenergy, even if it plays like a slightly juicier/faster version of T64, it does not feel like either Tenergy.

I don't think anybody said that Evolution MX-P was not faster than both Tenergys. There was a comment about the EL-P which I can't judge because I didn't try it myself. After making a direct comparison with T64 I agree with you that Top Speed is faster with the MX-P but the passive bounce is about the same. I found the first top spin still easier and spinnier with the T64 but maybe it's also because I am more used to it. But when the game is engaged the MX-P enables you well to play fast and spinny top spins. Definitely a good rubber. Nobody said it was not, we were just disappointed that the first feedbacks were explaining how they were Tenergy-like and now we found out that they are not. It doesn't mean it's a bad rubber. 
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 6:12pm
I watched samara against ding in the final lately , it is an amazing rubber , you should watch it. And samsonov with this breathtaking match against shuan incredibly fast spinny and accurate . Samsonov and samara are both playing Mx versions. They are really really like a boosted tenergy but more controllable . Watch them please and make your judgements. I did!
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by frenchy frenchy wrote:

Somebody's speaking of my review ? What an honor ! 
Hi my friend Jean Michel ! Wink

Big smile

Edited by ttping85 - 11/24/2012 at 6:19pm
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

I watched samara against ding in the final lately , it is an amazing rubber , you should watch it. And samsonov with this breathtaking match against shuan incredibly fast spinny and accurate . Samsonov and samara are both playing Mx versions. They are really really like a boosted tenergy but more controllable . Watch them please and make your judgements. I did!

Amazing rubber? Yes it's possible. Personally I need more testing but not I am convinced for the moment. 

Like a boosted Tenergy? In terms of speed yes but surely not in terms of hardness and feel. The MX-P is harder than the T05 and a boostered T05 is softer than a regular T05.

Edited by ttping85 - 11/24/2012 at 6:24pm
speed29 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 10:16am
I tried mx-p just 1 session, I reselled it.
It is a very good rubber. I agree that it is faster than T64 and T05, and hexer hd.
But it is a very hard rubber, noticeably harder than T05 and T64. And I found it even a bit harder than hexer hd. Maybe just a matter of feeling.
It is good for power looping, plenty of speed and spin. But slow opening loops with spin is not so easy, for me at least.
I think it requires very good skills, and a good level.
Control is very good in short game and block.
Feeling seemed closer to last tensors than to tenergies.
Weight : 74 grams uncut.
Blade : TBS
Rubbers : sriver g3 fx 2.1 BH/FH
ojej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ojej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 11:54am
i agree with you in 90% but t64 seems to be faster than mx-p specially in mid distance mx-p is harder than tenergy rubbers and overall control is worse... definitely it's very good rubber but for pro players which like hard rubbers Smile i've got used mx-p and i've had a lot of problems with this rubber even on fh playing timo boll spark which is quite soft blade (t05 fits me better on this blade) and last thing mx-p looks rather like esn rubber not made in japan...

stiga erik lindh offensive evolution
fh: tenergy 05
bh: tenergy 05

my feedback
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by ojej ojej wrote:

i agree with you in 90% but t64 seems to be faster than mx-p specially in mid distance mx-p is harder than tenergy rubbers and overall control is worse... definitely it's very good rubber but for pro players which like hard rubbers Smile i've got used mx-p and i've had a lot of problems with this rubber even on fh playing timo boll spark which is quite soft blade (t05 fits me better on this blade) and last thing mx-p looks rather like esn rubber not made in japan...

VERY VERY good Pictures

Edited by carmelomaf - 11/25/2012 at 4:37pm

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 1:08pm
Thanks for the you reviews with REAL value. So at the end, looks like Tenergy will sleep again peacefully on its throne...
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 1:19pm

If anyone has tried MX-P and 1Q, how would you comparethrm in terms of hardness, throw, speed and spin etc.?

Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 4:31pm
It is made in Japan , for sure , contact tibhar they will answer you.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2012 at 4:58am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

If anyone has tried MX-P and 1Q, how would you comparethrm in terms of hardness, throw, speed and spin etc.?

I can't make a very precise comparison between both because I didn't play enough with them  but what I can say for sure is that 1Q is much softer. 
Walee76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walee76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2012 at 5:56pm
I saw some new informations: the Evolution rubbers are now also sold in Europe and in January there will be the worldwide release in all other countries.  Smile

I am still very happy with my Evolution rubbers, the Tenergy rubbers are for me a thing of the past. My son is also still very happy.  Thumbs Up

Here are some weights in original package:

MX-P 2.1 = 112,5 gr

MX-P 1.9 = 111 gr

MX-P 1.7 = 109,5 gr

EL-P 2.1 = 111,5 gr

EL-P 1.9 = 109 gr

EL-P 1.7 = 108 gr

FX-P 2.1 = 105 gr

FX-P 1.9 = 104 gr

FX-P 1.7 = 102 gr
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2012 at 6:26pm
MX-P has very good control and dwell so you can very easily guide the ball. 

It's better than Tenergy in blocking because it is less sensitive to incoming spin, it doesn't bounce off as quickly as T64 and the throw angle is not as high as T05. 

It doesn't react surprisingly like other ESN rubbers. 

Good speed and spin are there but it is very hard and very heavy (53gr cut to a Butterfly Blade) and to use its full potential you need very good technical and physical skills. But when you manage well it is really powerful and faster than T64. 

Also I found it much more difficult to create spin than with T05 and even T64. Somehow it grabs the ball well and it is very easy to do an opening loop but if you don't make an extra effort there is not so much spin in it. So very different from Tenergy. 

While trying MX-P I realized how lazy I got through playing with Tenergy over the years Tongue

Edited by ttping85 - 12/06/2012 at 7:08pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2012 at 6:48pm

walee,how is el p compared to tenergy or other new tensors such as bluefire?

Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
The Shakehander View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shakehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2012 at 9:09pm
Dam i'm still getting around to begin trying Grip S PinchCensoredLOL
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2012 at 1:08am
Sounds like a new bluefire m1 , heavy, good opening , not much spin as tenergy, fast but can be blocked easily, insensitive to incoming spin: I wouldn't like it is another silly fast no spin rubber and veryyyyyy heavy.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2012 at 9:09pm

MX-P has very good control and dwell so you can very easily guide the ball. 

It's better than Tenergy in blocking because it is less sensitive to incoming spin, it doesn't bounce off as quickly as T64 and the throw angle is not as high as T05. 

It doesn't react surprisingly like other ESN rubbers. 

Good speed and spin are there but it is very hard and very heavy (53gr cut to a Butterfly Blade) and to use its full potential you need very good technical and physical skills. But when you manage well it is really powerful and faster than T64. 

Also I found it much more difficult to create spin than with T05 and even T64. Somehow it grabs the ball well and it is very easy to do an opening loop but if you don't make an extra effort there is not so much spin in it. So very different from Tenergy. 

While trying MX-P I realized how lazy I got through playing with Tenergy over the years Tongue

A lot of good points, especially about the spin compared to T05 on less than full swings. T05 facilitates the production of heavy spin with even a half stroke. You will not get near this spin with MX-P, not with many other modern glue effect rubbers. I do not want this kind of spin on my connecting shots or defensive topspin shot where I make a light to medium topspin shot from below table height that opponent cannot see impact that goes low over net and can kick unpredictably, causing opponent to hesitate to attack and give me a ball I can better attack.  
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2012 at 12:31am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Thanks for the you reviews with REAL value. So at the end, looks like Tenergy will sleep again peacefully on its throne...

LOL LOL LOL
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2012 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Walee76 Walee76 wrote:

I saw some new informations: the Evolution rubbers are now also sold in Europe and in January there will be the worldwide release in all other countries.  Smile

I am still very happy with my Evolution rubbers, the Tenergy rubbers are for me a thing of the past. My son is also still very happy.  Thumbs Up

Here are some weights in original package:

MX-P 2.1 = 112,5 gr

MX-P 1.9 = 111 gr

MX-P 1.7 = 109,5 gr

EL-P 2.1 = 111,5 gr

EL-P 1.9 = 109 gr

EL-P 1.7 = 108 gr

FX-P 2.1 = 105 gr

FX-P 1.9 = 104 gr

FX-P 1.7 = 102 gr

Definitely you´re also  pro, but a a pro-spammer.

Why a pro would be interested on such weights of thinner sponges? You did a great display of the rubbers, w detailed pics and extensive review, and the you dissapeared for a few weeks, leaving the dead tasty prey for the hungry vultures and hyenas.

Have a good sales!
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2012 at 7:06am
To those who have tried the series: which of the Evolution rubbers is most like Aurus regular? How does it compare to Aurus?

Edit: is MX-P the similar one in terms of hardness?

Edited by slevin - 12/10/2012 at 7:16am
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2012 at 12:47pm
slevin.. i was also searching for a aurus like rubber... and the ones i liked most so far are Rakza 9 and 1QXD. 1QXD is a little faster than aurus though but similar feel. Rakza 9 is same speed and feel.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic