Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Offensive Classic need more speed.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
machiney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote machiney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Offensive Classic need more speed.
    Posted: 11/10/2012 at 12:37pm
Smile Hi everyone,

I like everything on this blade except the speed. I used with Nimbus VIP(FH) & Mark V. Every time when I topspin I have to spin with very low position otherwise it will go through the net. 

I think it's not from rubber hardness degrees ,it must be the speed of blade. My PG7 is easier to topspin than OC but I like more control on OC.

How can I improve the speed of blade ,do I need to change the rubber(pls advise & pls don't advise to change the blade LOL)

Thank you in advance from Thailand.

Stiga Carbo Plus
FH : Tenergy 80 max(black)
BH : Tenergy 25 1.9(red)
Sponsored Links

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 1:46pm
 Your blade is fine...change your rubber. Interesting I find the OC easier to topspin than my PG7. Everyone has a different stroke so don't feel bad.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

VladiTT View Drop Down
Post #57918

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladiTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 1:53pm
Stiga OC CR stiga adviced it 21% faster,with same feel 
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 2:18pm
What about the new of carbon! Enough speed there!
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 7:10pm
The OC is more than fast enough, there no real difference between it and the CR either. Faster rubber will totaly transform how you feel about it. In fact you will have to be careful you don't end up too fast
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 7:28pm
Before I die I wanna try/play/own these 2 normal OC & OC CR...Cry Isn't it sad that after all this long journey of EJ'ing, I still haven't owned & played either 1 or the other?
On 2nd thought, I think my OSP V & V+ are good or more than good enough...

Edited by tiehwen - 11/10/2012 at 7:41pm
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by machiney machiney wrote:

Smile Hi everyone,
      How can I improve the speed of blade ,do I need to change the rubber(pls advise & pls don't advise to change the blade LOL)

Swing your arm faster. LOL
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

....Swing your arm faster. LOL
sir, I think the OP should go to the Gym. to work on his playing arm a bit more, prior to do the swinging faster thing...Stern Smile
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Before I die I wanna try/play/own these 2 normal OC & OC CR...Cry Isn't it sad that after all this long journey of EJ'ing, I still haven't owned & played either 1 or the other?On 2nd thought, I think my OSP V & V+ are good or more than good enough...

That is sad, not as sad as having a V and V+ without an expert which is more similar to the OC

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

That is sad, not as sad as having a V and V+ without an expert which is more similar to the OC
yeah, I know....I missed quite a few chances to own these Expert but some of these seemed to be warping.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

What about the new of carbon! Enough speed there!

Almost as fast as RW5 XO. And the feel is similar.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2012 at 11:37pm
Not anymore, I believe they were all from a batch made after the holiday last year
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2012 at 4:06am
Your blade is fast enough, but you can increase its speed by varnishing it. 
The Older I get, The better I was.
machiney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote machiney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2012 at 5:17am
Thank you everyone.
     I modified its speed by vanishing it(very thin spray lacquer 2 times) and it became more solid feel(I don't like much) and of cause faster , so I used sand paper to decrease the solid feel. 
     Now ,I am very happy with an  upgrade speed even I lost some feeling ,maybe 10-15% but absolutely acceptable for me. Thumbs Up
Stiga Carbo Plus
machiney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote machiney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2012 at 5:23am
Could everyone suggest me for the faster rubber than Nimbus VIP max.
Regards. 
Stiga Carbo Plus
VladiTT View Drop Down
Post #57918

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladiTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2012 at 12:09pm
Genius 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic