FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tensor Generations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tensor Generations
    Posted: 12/15/2012 at 8:00pm
Could some of you out their put together a list of which rubber from the various manufacturers belong to which generation of Tensor rubbers (ie, which rubbers from various manufacturers have similar properties.   Are we now in Generation 5 (or maybe even Generation 6) with Bluefire and Evolution.

Thanks for any info you could provide. 

Mark

For reference I tried to list the various generations from several of the manufacturers.  I am not sure if these are actually in order or if some even belong in the "Tensor generation" listing.  There also could be some I missed.

Donic :
Bluefire
Acuda
Coppa X
Barracuda

Stiga:
Calibra Lt
Boost
Almana

Yasaka:
Razka
Pryde
X-Tend
Mark V HPS

Tibhar:
Evolution
1Q/5Q
Aurus
Genius
Sinus

Xiom:
Sigma
Omega IV
Vega

Andro:
Rasant
Hexer
Roxon
Plasma

Joola:
Rhyzm
Phenix
X-plode
Express

Edited by mjamja - 12/15/2012 at 8:44pm
Sponsored Links

pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2012 at 9:01pm
yes, it would be useful, but could be very confusing to sort it all out.

Donic bluefire has on the packaging FD3, 3rd generation.

Edited by pdotec - 12/15/2012 at 9:02pm
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2012 at 9:31pm
The Calibras not Tensors. Of that I'm certain. Neither are the Boost series. Both series are Japanese rubbers. 

I think Phenix may not be a Tensor either, but I am not entirely certain about that. 

ESN and the companies who brand their rubbers are releasing so many permutations so frequently that I've lost count of what generation we're technically on. 

However, of Donic, Tibhar, Andro, and XIOM, I believe you've already listed them in sequential order (newest to oldest, top to bottom). You probably already knew this since it seems unlikely that you'd accomplish this on accident. LOL So you're off to a good start! Thumbs Up

You can add Sigma II to the XIOM list... as well as Vega China, which although different is still a Tensor. 

Edited by Anton Chigurh - 12/15/2012 at 9:36pm
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Benigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2012 at 9:59pm
Mark V HPS ain't a tensor, its got the same topsheet as Mark V but with a different sponge
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2012 at 10:03pm
Even though they are not Tensors what would you most likely group with the Calibra, Boost, and Almana from the true Tensors groups.

Same guestion for the Yaska series with Razka and Pryde (if they are not Tensors)?

Would Calibra Lt fit in with Aurus, Acuda, and Rasant in terms of overal perfomance?

Would Boost series fit in with Genius, Baracuda, Hexer, and Vega?

I was thinking that they might be grouped as
1. Bluefire (donic), Evolution (tibhar)
2. Acuda (donic), Aurus (tibhar), Omega IV (Xiom), Rasant (Andro) -- Calibra LT
3. Baracuda (donic), Genius (tibhar), Vega (Xiom), Hexer (Andro) --- Boost

Not quite sure where the Tibhar 1Q/5Q fits in. 

Mark
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2012 at 10:08pm
Anton,

Do you consider Sigma II a generational improvement or just a different sponge hardness of the Sigma line?

Do you consider Vega China to be generationally different from the other Vegas?

Mark
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2012 at 11:57pm
At this point I'm not even sure that Tensor means anything more than "manufactured by ESN".  It seems to me that rubbers like Bluefire/Evolution are now qualitatively different in about every way from things like, say, JO Coppa Platin or F1.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2012 at 2:12am
The only non-Tensor new rubber (by production and effect) is XIOM Musa.

BTW, manufactured by ESN.

Edited by Imago - 12/16/2012 at 2:13am
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2012 at 4:35pm
yes you can't just add fast rubbers like Stiga Calibra/ Boost. mark V and tell people false information because they maybe tensor "like",
 Some others off the top of my head would be 729 Highpoint, Joola tango , Tango Extreme ,Tibhar Nimbus range, Palio Macro range, Thors, and Blitz , Xiom Zeta and Yanus  and Donic Destro range
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2012 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Anton,

Do you consider Sigma II a generational improvement or just a different sponge hardness of the Sigma line?

Do you consider Vega China to be generationally different from the other Vegas?

Mark

For the first question, I don't know. I haven't played with it nor do I really know anything about it other than it has a different name and is made by ESN (i.e., is a Tensor). Smile

Second question, I don't know either. LOL I consider it to be the same generation of Palio Thor's, since it's essentially the same rubber. But even if it had come out at the same time as the other Vegas (which it did not, but even if it had) I would still consider it a totally different rubber than the others. So it depends on if "generation" is defined solely in terms of development date, release date, or similarity of characteristics...

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic