FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

T64 vs.1Q

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T64 vs.1Q
    Posted: 01/09/2013 at 9:58pm
Hi,

I am currently playing with T64 on quite a fast and bouncy blade (Iolite) but I am looking for a faster rubber to play on slower blades (Holycrown, Maze...)

I tried Bluefire and it's great except that the topsheet is just too hard and even the soft sponge on the M3 doesn't help, on the contrary it's bad on power loops for me. 

I realized I might prefer a rubber with medium-soft topsheet on a medium-hard sponge and thought about the 1Q which I tried a few times but I didn't test consistently yet. 

Could anybody compare 1Q in details with Tenergy withtout telling me that they don't have the same feel because Tenergy plays like blablabla WinkI don't want to compare because thet are close or something but just because T64 is my reference rubber and 1Q is the one I am interested in now Smile

What I am interested in is comparison of:
Speed
Spin
hardness (overall, topsheet, sponge)
throw-angle
sensitivity to incoming spin
dwell
control
weight

But also how they perform in different type of plays:
serve/return
loop
short game
mid-distance
etc...

Also if you know any other rubbers with medium-soft topsheet on medium-hard sponge please let me know. Notice that the Omega IV Europe is this type of rubber but the topsheet is a bit too soft for me and I found it not spinny enough. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Sponsored Links

right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2013 at 12:48am
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

Hi,

I am currently playing with T64 on quite a fast and bouncy blade (Iolite) but I am looking for a faster rubber to play on slower blades (Holycrown, Maze...)

I tried Bluefire and it's great except that the topsheet is just too hard and even the soft sponge on the M3 doesn't help, on the contrary it's bad on power loops for me. 

I realized I might prefer a rubber with medium-soft topsheet on a medium-hard sponge and thought about the 1Q which I tried a few times but I didn't test consistently yet. 

Could anybody compare 1Q in details with Tenergy withtout telling me that they don't have the same feel because Tenergy plays like blablabla WinkI don't want to compare because thet are close or something but just because T64 is my reference rubber and 1Q is the one I am interested in now Smile

What I am interested in is comparison of:
Speed
Spin
hardness (overall, topsheet, sponge)
throw-angle
sensitivity to incoming spin
dwell
control
weight

serve/return
loop
short game
mid-distance
etc...

Also if you know any other rubbers with medium-soft topsheet on medium-hard sponge please let me know. Notice that the Omega IV Europe is this type of rubber but the topsheet is a bit too soft for me and I found it not spinny enough. 

Comparison for 1Q against T64 FH on M Maze both thickness  

Speed - slower than T64 
Spin - less than T64 on short strokes but on longer strokes engaging the full sponge it's really close.
hardness (overall, topsheet, sponge) - T64 feels softer due to their pips spacing but 1Q feels firmer.
throw-angle - 1Q is definitely lower than T64
sensitivity to incoming spin - 1Q is better ; doesn't react much to the spin and can impart your own spin.
dwell - its a matter of feeling and I think T64 probably has a slightly more dwell even though its faster.
control- could handle 1Q (FH) on Maze better than T64. 
weight - T64 is lighter than 1Q.

Can't really speak for the other aspects below 

serve/return - 
loop - 
short game
mid-distance
etc...

ZJK SZLC |5Q+
DragonSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DragonSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2013 at 3:14am
I am playing both T64 and 1Q as well.
right2niru you got the perfect comparison between the 2 rubbers!
@ttping85, YASAKA RAKZA 7 has more spin than 1Q, I'm looking for cheaper replacement for T64, 1Q is close but not there yet.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2013 at 10:31am
Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

Comparison for 1Q against T64 FH on M Maze both thickness  

Speed - slower than T64 
Spin - less than T64 on short strokes but on longer strokes engaging the full sponge it's really close.
hardness (overall, topsheet, sponge) - T64 feels softer due to their pips spacing but 1Q feels firmer.
throw-angle - 1Q is definitely lower than T64
sensitivity to incoming spin - 1Q is better ; doesn't react much to the spin and can impart your own spin.
dwell - its a matter of feeling and I think T64 probably has a slightly more dwell even though its faster.

serve/return - 
loop - 
short game
mid-distance
etc...

Thanks a lot for this comparison. I have more or less the same feeling except that I found 1Q faster and that I found more control with T64. But I didn't play much with the 1Q yet so it's probably because I am more used to T64. 

Are you 100% sure about the speed? 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2013 at 10:31am
Originally posted by DragonSpirit DragonSpirit wrote:

I am playing both T64 and 1Q as well.
right2niru you got the perfect comparison between the 2 rubbers!
@ttping85, YASAKA RAKZA 7 has more spin than 1Q, I'm looking for cheaper replacement for T64, 1Q is close but not there yet.

Thanks but isn't Rakza 7 a bit harder than T64 and 1Q? 
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2013 at 6:43pm
mostly agree with right2niru .... with some differences:

Speed - slower than T64 in slow medium shots (more jumpy). but at higher contact speed faster than T64

throw-angle - 1Q is definitely lower than T64. 1Q has the lowest throw angle among modern rubbers...comparable with thors.

sensitivity to incoming spin - 1Q is less sensitive; doesn't react much to the spin and can impart your own spin.

dwell - its a matter of feeling and I think T64 probably has a slightly more dwell.

serve/return - 1q returns easier, and also with 1Q it is easier to keep serves short.
But T64 serves are spinnier than 1Q.

loop - 1Q is easier to open loops with... but not by much.  
short game - 1Q hand down... less jumpy in short game.
mid-distance - both a powerful... i like 1Q more.
etc...

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
ojej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ojej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2013 at 6:53pm
rakza 7 is harder than 1Q which is harder than t64 i mean overall hardness... i think 1Q is faster close to the table and t64 in middistance additional 1Q seems to be easier to play close to the table especially on fh
stiga erik lindh offensive evolution
fh: tenergy 05
bh: tenergy 05

my feedback
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 12:08am
Thanks Debraj about the speed desciption, that would explain why I felt the 1Q was faster on certain shots. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic