FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

rosewood v review!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nasilemak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasilemak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rosewood v review!!
    Posted: 01/17/2013 at 1:57pm
hi guys so for those that didnt see my previous thread asking what blade to get - i previously had a yasaka gatien extra blade (shakehand) using H3 neo (fh) and sriver s. 

anyway i have recently got a rosewood v - review below..!! 

Opening box: 
came in box, opened, wasnt entirely blown away. Actual head finishing was nice, NCT layer on head was okay but i dont know whether im being pedantic (but these expectations are obviously founded on paying a very large amount for a piece of wood).  - the surface / wood was not completely perfect - theres like these lil pock marks on the layer..

Never owned stiga wood before, heard finishing was poor - it did not disappoint... handle label is not straight, small splinter in the bit where the plastic label saying ''stiga rosewood'' goes... (files too big to upload) 

Read NCT coat is a problem for sticking on rubbers = yes , yes indeed it is a massive problem, even more amplified with old h3 neos which have completely curled (any tips how to prevent curling? peel glue off still pretty curled. sriver always stays flat , even with lots of glue on it...) . Anyway got fed up after 10th time glueing, and edges still peeling off, not completely stuck down. anyway gave it a sanding... now sticks down okay :) (using DHS aqua 15) 

Playing: 

Summary if u dont want to read the long winded crap below : much stiffer, more difficult to spin ball coz of increased speed and stiffness, fantastic away from table. 

Weight wise, heavy already, even more heavy with a h3 -_-" gonna need to hit the gym... 

Comparatively a lot faster and harder. A lot more effort required to put more spin on the forehand , it is also a lot more unforgiving if you get the timing of your forehand wrong or mis-hit. Get it right however and the ball flies beautifully :) 

Touch was a complete b*tch with the FH. Used to use the gat extra's softness and h3 tacakiness to absorb most of spin/and speed to get perfect touch- same technique with RWV ball pops 10inches high. Actually have to impart a lot more spin yourself with RW5 to keep ball low and spinny for touch. Likewise flick is a lot harder coz of stiffness, maybe due to my being so used to softer gat extra which gave a lot more feeling and dwell time..  

With the backhand, found myself using a lot more wrist over the top of the ball to keep it on the table, old bat had to kick the ball upwards slightly, RW5 mcuh more stiffer, also harder to spin and less dwell time compared to the extra. 
Control also a lot more difficult comparatively. However, blocking was so much easier, just stick the bat in the way and its fine. Punching likewise was  great with much stiffer ply. 

Mid/long distance table was amazing, stiffer plies give so much power , loop to loop fantastic. Great sweetspot, comparatively little effort for same power and spin. 

Serve=  fine, no problem getting short heavy spin serves, short float serves were maybe a little bit more longer than usual due to stiff ply but otherwise cool. 

Basically, blade requires a lot more practice with as it is more unforgiving, also need more effort with shots to get ball on table...will be tweaking my technique if i wanna carry on with this blade. 

Blade - Yasaka Gatien
Rubbers- Hurricane III Provincial Sheet (forehand)
Stiga Magna ( bh)

Glue - stiga energy on magna,
special glue on hurricane
Sponsored Links

regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2014 at 8:59pm

Wow.. such a review. any toughts on STIGA Rosewood OX?or has anyone in the forum used the blade..

I was thinking of maybe getting one as one friend from the forum let me try his blade with rosewood veneer and I seem to like it.. good thing I bump up here on your review.

Edited by regiz.rugenz - 05/23/2014 at 9:04pm
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2014 at 9:34pm
Rosewood V is quite a powerful upgrade to the YE, but once you get accustomed to it I'm your opponents will find your shots much more difficult to return!

I've also used the RWXO and it feels like a heavily sealed YEO (both stiffer than RWV) with a larger head and less vibration.  RWV has significantly more springiness and catapult, while the XO plays more linearly.
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2015 at 11:07am
Hi all, especially cpen players. Anyone has a more detail review on the rosewood xo cpen? And weight. Thank you.
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2015 at 11:45pm
I have a cpen Stiga Rosewood V. I'd call it a pretty slow blade...
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2015 at 12:09am
We see 2 extreme experiences fo rwv cpen.. i have 1 before. its quite a good blade from mid-far table game. how about XO version?
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2015 at 12:16am
The XO is supposed to be a bit faster but with poorer touch. But I haven't tried one.

In terms of speed, the Rosewood V is one of the slowest blades I've used. (It's much slower than Butterfly Innerforce ZLC etc.) But slow doesn't mean bad. In fact, professional coaches sometimes say slow blade speed is a good thing for most amateurs. 
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2015 at 12:25am
yes agree.especially using tensor or spring sponge nowaday. we dont need a too fast blade. thk u.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2015 at 2:40am
Rw5 is quite fast, i would rate it in the low-mid off range, but much faster than any acoustic
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2015 at 2:46am
Is sure not a slow blade. I heard.xo version supposed to be better control. So slower?
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2015 at 2:50am
The key is that it is slow enough to have a good range of gears. I think it's a good blade.
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2015 at 2:55am
Additionally I think it goes well with Tenergy 05 and 05FX.

The same combination of rubbers are much more sensitive to incoming spin with innerforce ZLC or faster blades
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2015 at 3:05am
Originally posted by zheyi zheyi wrote:

. I heard.xo version supposed to be better control. So slower?

No. According to stiga, the XO is faster...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic