Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cool Siberian Girl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 37>
Author
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by tomkat22 tomkat22 wrote:

I agree somewhat but keep in mind the video of the Siberian girl was a "Hi-lite Reel" of her best shots. The video I posted was a complete games video.  You don't get to 2444 without a good attack game to go with your long pips defensive play.

Yes, a highlight reel could be pretty inaccurate to judge a player's true level.  Check out Ryan Loui's highlight video below... Ryan plays a similar style as the lovely Siberian lady... He uses Tenergy on fh and P1r-Curl on his bh (and he was rated 1731 when this video was made, then adjusted to 1987 afterwards):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzK7hxgA9-I

Just by the video alone no one would believe Ryan was U1800.  He looked very impressive.

Edited by roundrobin - 01/11/2013 at 6:25pm
Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

Sponsored Links

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 7:17pm

For comparison this is one of our local girls,16 y.o. She plays a similar style,long pips on BH. She's rated 2444. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdvUoR3JY_4

==================================

By any chance you know her opponent's rating?
(The yellow-shirt penhold player.)
It appears the penhold player returns most of the serves to the FH of the LP player.  Avoiding LP?

How good a player looks depends on the playing level of the opponent.
That 2444 rated LP player might have faced a much stronger opponent.
skip3119
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 8:52pm

Originally posted by hookumsnivy hookumsnivy wrote:

For comparison this is one of our local girls,16 y.o. She plays a similar style,long pips on BH. She's rated 2444. 

The only thing similar about their styles is that they have pips on the BH.  They have very different overall styles.  The girl in the video you posted is very much defensive while the girl in the original video used the pips to set up a powerful FH.  Completely different strategy and style.

I agree somewhat but keep in mind the video of the Siberian girl was a "Hi-lite Reel" of her best shots. The video I posted was a complete games video.  You don't get to 2444 without a good attack game to go with your long pips defensive play.

I didn't mean to say she was strictly defensive w/ only her pips.  But it seemed like she wanted her opponent to attack first so she could either placement block w/ her pips or hit a drive off the bounce.  She didn't appear to open the point very often.  It can of course be a very successful strategy.  It might also be that she felt that was a better game plan against that specific opponent.
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 8:54pm
back on the topic...my friend is still wondering if you have a facebook account...
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 9:56pm
my friend is asking why your friend does not have the balls to ask himself?
mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 9:59pm
because my friend does not have an mytt account
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 10:01pm
at tumahimik ka nga jan, ito yong diskarte ko!!!

only for those who understand
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 10:01pm
my friend said "ah, ok".
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 10:29pm
She is gorgeous.... I'd be more than happy to have a chance to meet her in any circumstances, .... except in an official match
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
tomkat22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomkat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

..."By any chance you know her opponent's rating?
(The yellow-shirt penhold player.)
It appears the penhold player returns most of the serves to the FH of the LP player.  Avoiding LP?

How good a player looks depends on the playing level of the opponent.
That 2444 rated LP player might have faced a much stronger opponent."
No sorry I dont know the rating of the penholder. I believe he's a coach at one of the local Chinese schools. 2300+ I'm sure.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2013 at 11:46pm
No sorry I dont know the rating of the penholder. I believe he's a coach at one of the local Chinese schools. 2300+ I'm sure.
=========================

I agree with you.  That penhold player (yellow shirt) beat the female LP player (rated 2444), he must be worth 2300+ (assuming it was an upset.)  Or worth more than that if it wasn't an upset.

See video below, from tomkat22.
=========================

Originally posted by tomkat22

skip3119
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 12:42am
that game did not look like an upset to me. I'd be really surprised of yellow shirt has lower rating. All his movements are so fluid, and when the ball popped the entire body swang in a momentous burts to safely put the ball away. He kinda playes casually most of the game too. The girl had no impressive shots other than mastering blocks with long pips .
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 1:16am
Originally posted by tomkat22

=====================================

Very difficult to compare this female 2444 rated LP player (black shirt) with the two young female Russian players.  Their opponents' playing levels may be very different.

The female Russian LP player got a lot of high balls to kill, but this 2444 rated LP player wasn't so lucky - her opponent just didn't give her all those high balls.

Edited by skip3119 - 01/12/2013 at 2:14am
skip3119
tomkat22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomkat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 7:45am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

The female Russian LP player got a lot of high balls to kill, but this 2444 rated LP player wasn't so lucky - her opponent just didn't give her all those high balls.

My point exactly.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 9:03am
She provoked those hi ball returns. I play a lot aganst lp players and i know how difficult is the type of game she has.Her forhand is full of variety, not just a smash. And most of all she moves very well around the table.She is a level that not many of us have or will ever face
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

She is gorgeous.... I'd be more than happy to have a chance to meet her in any circumstances, .... except in an official match

I'm kind of wondering what her mom looks like.......  More my range.
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 3:43pm
It seems roughly half of the people here are purely interested in Anastasia's physical appearance, while the other half is purely interested in her style/level of play. Does this mean half of the group here is gay, or that half of the group is a collection of horny dogs?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Not my call at all & I'd hate to be the killjoy but I'd suggest we stop right here.
She's reading this thread and now we're bringing her mom into this? Yeah, she seems to take all this in a sporting manner but let's not take that for granted & keep pushing further Smile

I'm fairly certain that Baal's not literally wondering that and this is perhaps more good natured humor about his age more than anything else but another member can misinterpret and take this to another level...

And yes, she seems to have a great game (better than 2000 level LP players I've seen in the US).
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Not my call at all & I'd hate to be the killjoy but I'd suggest we stop right here.
She's reading this thread and now we're bringing her mom into this? Yeah, she seems to take all this in a sporting manner but let's not take that for granted & keep pushing further Smile

I'm fairly certain that Baal's not literally wondering that and this is perhaps more good natured humor about his age more than anything else but another member can misinterpret and take this to another level...

And yes, she seems to have a great game (better than 2000 level LP players I've seen in the US).

good point.....
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

It seems roughly half of the people here are purely interested in Anastasia's physical appearance, while the other half is purely interested in her style/level of play. Does this mean half of the group here is gay, or that half of the group is a collection of horny dogs?

It could maybe this is a table tennis forum?

mind you when the tread is called "Hot Siberian girl" what do people expect
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

It means half them are sub 2000 on girl attractant rating, The other half have already succeeded and are free to concentrate on table tennis
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2013 at 5:42pm
She kicks good butt
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2013 at 1:02am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7P8AMBz-jA

Edited by dmras - 01/13/2013 at 2:06am
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2013 at 1:17am
Do all the girls play LP on the BH?
dmras View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2013 at 1:55am
Nastya in black shirt and lefty Alina do not use LP, they have blades Andro Carbon Light off, Andro roxon 330 or Donic Vario BS BH, Andro Hexer Duro FH.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2013 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by dmras dmras wrote:

Originally posted by <span style=line-height: 15.19px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.19px; font-weight: bold;>BeaverMD</span> BeaverMD wrote:

Thanks for a little more insight about one of her opponents.  The older guy A. Ctabmaxobny (sorry, I don't read or write Cyrillic) plays at a pretty good level.  Despite the close match, his opponent C. Kpotob appears to have better technique and killer backhand.  But in the first video vs. Anastasia, he looks absolutely mortified against long pips Smile Of course, you only showed a few points.  So I would have to agree with Mr. Acudadave with the 2100 estimated U.S. rating for Ms. Porcupinetree.

Andrei Stalmakhovich is one of our region's top three players, he is several times champion of the region, At this particular tournament he won everybody including Nastya. Nastya was seven times region champion among younger players and then stopped playing. That was her third playing time after four years break. Respecting her he didn't use all his power, as for other guys they tried their best, our other top guys and two top girls were absent.

Thanks for the additional information (and the mini-lesson in Cyrillic Smile).  I could tell Mr. Stalmakhovich plays at a high level because of the full match videos against strong opponents.  Nastya is playing very well despite the long lay-off.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2013 at 1:07pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7P8AMBz-jA

Now this is a much, MUCH different video.  This shows many of Nastya 18's skills that were not shown in the first video.  (Of course, the thread is called "Hot Siberian girl" and not "guess Russian girl's level" so it's not your fault Smile) But in this video, she displays very good knowledge of LP using excellent blocks, opening LP hits vs. LOW pushes from Nastya 16, and nice connectivity of several shots in a point.  I must give credit to AcudaDave and bluebucket as they saw Nastya 18's high level in the very first video but I did not.  By the way, Nastya 16 displays her better level in this video as well.  She has good all around play and beautiful BH loop.  Not afraid of LP at all.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2013 at 1:45pm
ok does the title deserve an 's' somewhere?
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

ok does the title deserve an 's' somewhere?

Shot Sibirian Girl?

Host Sibirian Girl?

Hot Sibirian's Girl?

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2013 at 2:41pm

Nastya in black shirt and lefty Alina do not use LP, they have blades Andro Carbon Light off, Andro roxon 330 or Donic Vario BS BH, Andro Hexer Duro FH.
This was more obvious once I rewatched the video. What got me thinking the LP for Nastya was they way she does the big push on receiving serve, really more of a chop. I suppose it's a strategic decision but not what I would do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 37>
  Share Topic