Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What non-Butterfly rubber feels the most Like T05?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What non-Butterfly rubber feels the most Like T05?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2013 at 8:14am
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

ok Karate kid, (I remember your arguments against a few years ago )

So brainstorm69 why do you want a rubber to feel like 05? but other attributes like spin are not important?

I just like the way it feels.  The other attributes are important, but I figured once I found out what rubber(s) "feel like Tenergy," then I could compare the other attributes of each.  I want to focus on just the feel, otherwise this thread is exactly the same as every other "what rubber plays like Tenergy" thread, and doesn't give me the information I want.
Sponsored Links

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2013 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Brainstorm69 Brainstorm69 wrote:

I want to focus on just the feel, otherwise this thread is exactly the same as every other "what rubber plays like Tenergy" thread, and doesn't give me the information I want.

So, what information is it that you want? I think that we all agree on the fact that nothing really feels like Tenergy. Some people claim there are rubbers that feels better, play better or whatever, but the Tenergy feeling is kind of unique. Cheap substitues have been recommended ever since Tenergy was released, but there is still no cheap substitue that actually feels and plays the same as Tenergy. That seems to be the information here, although it might not be the information you want.

I changed to LKT Red Diamond and felt I could play the same strokes without to much adjustment, other's claims they are miles apart. Some people claim that Hexer plays the same as T05, to me, Hexer was totaly different to T05 and I really couldn't stand playing with it.

The holy grail
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2013 at 10:58am
Unfortunately, T05 is unique. 
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2013 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

So, what information is it that you want? I think that we all agree on the fact that nothing really feels like Tenergy.

I understand that nothing feels exactly like T05.   The question is just what people think feels the closest to T05 as far as that "dwelly" feeling.  As I mentioned in my original post, I have played with T05 on an Andro Supreme Zylon Hinoki blade, and Sigma Europe on another player's Stratus Power Wood.  I feel like they felt similar, but I'm also not sure to what extent that similar feeling was caused by the two soft blades each was on.  I would not call any of my blades soft.  Probably the softest blade I own is a Butterfly Phalanx II, which is really a medium hardness blade.  So maybe I need to explore a softer blade also to get that feeling.
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 11:41am
I think the Donic Bluefire rubber comes closest to playing similar to Tenergy.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic