FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Whale II Tuned On Acoustic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whale II Tuned On Acoustic
    Posted: 02/05/2013 at 11:55am

Is fantastic! Forget Tenergy's forever...had a short session with Acoustic with Whale II Tuned and Moon Pro on BH. I thought I died and went to heaven. All my shots had real control with a ton of speed and spin. Tenergy 05 tends to have a mind of it's own sometimes and the fact that it's insanely priced can cause a player to write a book on the subject.  

Service return: very accurate and seems less suseptable to spin.

Short Game: pushes, occasional chop, flick are supreme. 

Looping: great for drive loop, brush loop, side loop, light spin loop, medium throw, awesome.

Blocking: real control here..very accurate with a sense of security.

Hitting: perhaps not the best but still pretty good. A faster, stiffer blade would help but I wouldn't change a thing.

The combined feeling of this setup must be experienced to appreciate the sensory nirvana I experienced. The best setup I have ever played with in 35 years. Wink
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Sponsored Links

jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 12:23pm
Hi, do you use booster on that rubber?
It is the soft, medium or hard model?

Thanx in advance
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 1:13pm
@OP.
You forgot to update ur Sig. LOL
thnks...
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 2:40pm
I have been using BWII as well.  It's weird though, the National from Eacheng in the package with the circle has a totally different sponge than the regular one with the actual whale fin on the package.  The regular is almost identical to Grip-S Europe while the national is more like regular Grip-S with a more orange sponge.  Sorry for the bad quality, but the top is Haifu Whale II National from Eacheng, the middle are either Grip-S Europe or Whale II regular (forgot order), and the bottom is Grip-S.  I think I'm liking the regular one better but haven't tried national in soft.

Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 3:26pm
Top rubber seems to be the upgrade version of BW2, not just the National BW2. Actually, it has nothing to do with BW2 National, totally different rubber.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 3:46pm
I could try exactly your SAME setup on my light acoustic with same RUBBERS and  I tried BLUE WHALE 2 TUNED NEW PACKAGE/OLD PACKAGE and GRIPS Europe. 

Old redish sponge felt much closer to GRIPS Europe. However, new package had a different SPONGE, a dark orange one, and behaved much bouncier and less spinnier: Almost no tackiness.

IMO, i´d rather prefer old BW2´s rather than new ones.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by eonblue eonblue wrote:

I have been using BWII as well.  It's weird though, the National from Eacheng in the package with the circle has a totally different sponge than the regular one with the actual whale fin on the package.  The regular is almost identical to Grip-S Europe while the national is more like regular Grip-S with a more orange sponge.  Sorry for the bad quality, but the top is Haifu Whale II National from Eacheng, the middle are either Grip-S Europe or Whale II regular (forgot order), and the bottom is Grip-S.  I think I'm liking the regular one better but haven't tried national in soft.

100000+

Totally agree.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 3:54pm
Whatever the case, I prefer the old package too.  Now I'm afraid to order more because I already have 2 of the new that I don't really want.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 4:15pm
I prefer BW III, even on Acoustic...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2013 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

I prefer BW III, even on Acoustic...

I prefer to save money....LOLWink
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2013 at 4:56am
Did you use Seamoon or Daichi?
maktime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maktime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2013 at 9:52pm
I've been using the Haifu Blue Whale 2 tuned soft version for about 6 months.
It's a brilliant rubber and I've since switched to the medium sponge hardness version the past 2 weeks and am loving it even more. Short serves are easier, brush loops and loop drives are heavy and loaded. Definitely a good rubber to buy, am not sure how many fakes and different version there are out there as my uncle from malaysia who is a coach purchased them for me direct from the factory
Member of the Violin and Single Ply Hinoki Club

Blade #1: Nittaku Violin
FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

Blade #2: Favourite Pro Cougar
FH Haifu Whale 2
BH Andro Hexer Powersponge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2013 at 5:48pm
I´m thinking about getting back to BW2/GRIPS Europe, but wasn´t very satisfied with BW2 orange sponge from TTNPP.COM

In fact, rubber isn´t the same as old package. Where could i find regular BW2 red sponge? I don´t fancy to shell out 35€ for a sheet of Grips S Europe...Confused
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2013 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I´m thinking about getting back to BW2/GRIPS Europe, but wasn´t very satisfied with BW2 orange sponge from TTNPP.COM
In fact, rubber isn´t the same as old package. Where could i find regular BW2 red sponge? I don´t fancy to shell out 35€ for a sheet of Grips S Europe...Confused
The "HaiFu whale II National Version Factory Tuned" I just received from Eacheng.net for $22.99 has red sponge. Very nice rubber.. it may end up replacing my 999 LSZ.
BBC, SP, LP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2013 at 4:09pm
Watch this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by jonyer1980 - 03/25/2013 at 4:18pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2013 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by nathanso nathanso wrote:

Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

The "HaiFu whale II National Version Factory Tuned" I just received from Eacheng.net for $22.99 has red sponge. Very nice rubber.. it may end up replacing my 999 LSZ.

Could you certify if that W2 Nat from Eacheng is same color like this in the left? The new package feel much heavier, quite faster and no tackiness at all (old fin´s whale package was lighter and mildy tacky)

I´m thinking about making an order to eacheng, but need to ensure about it before making another mistake.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 03/25/2013 at 4:31pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2013 at 2:08am
I just received my latest order from Eacheng which included six "HaiFu whale II National Version Factory Tuned". I specifically requested Soft sponge that's what they sent. All were of the excellent red sponge variety. Red packages weighed 6-7g more than the black.
BBC, SP, LP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2013 at 4:16am

I just received my latest order from Eacheng which included six "HaiFu whale II National Version Factory Tuned". I specifically requested Soft sponge that's what they sent. All were of the excellent red sponge variety. Red packages weighed 6-7g more than the black.

Many thanks. Have you tried them? Are these six soft version-red topsheet? Is there any black topsheet with some other hardness?? Some insightful closing pics showing sponges and topsheets would be great, since i'm not interested on red but also black for my FH.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2013 at 2:47am
I've tried one black. It is indeed the soft version-red sponge.. same excellent rubber I ordered from Eacheng 4-6 weeks ago. Four of these six sheets-- including the only two reds I ordered -- are now with the friend I ordered them for so I won't be able to test those directly. I'll try to add some pics here later.
BBC, SP, LP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2013 at 4:15am
Many many thanks. :-)

I tried to contact to eacheng but they didn't replied me yet.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2013 at 4:58am
Just opened a Grip-S from the new 2013 batch - tuned, preglued, protecting folio, red sponge the same as the above BW2N. Tweens from the same factory. Hardness of the sponge is the same as of MX-P.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2013 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Just opened a Grip-S from the new 2013 batch - tuned, preglued, protecting folio, red sponge the same as the above BW2N. Tweens from the same factory. Hardness of the sponge is the same as of MX-P.

Which Grip-S are you talking about? The original one carried by Thibar on Europe, or the one that sell ttnpp.com of raw sheet without plastic packaging?

The point is I don´t fancy to pay that amount of money for Thibar Grip-S Europe, considering BW2 red sponge is 95% same.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2013 at 9:37am

Bought it from a local Tibhar dealer who says that the same rubber is listed in the new catalogue of Tibhar, unlike the old Grip-S with the black sponge.

nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2013 at 12:24pm
HaiFu whale II National Version Factory Tuned (Soft)

BBC, SP, LP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2013 at 6:07pm

HaiFu whale II National Version Factory Tuned (Soft)

Many thanks again for the pics, you have solved all my dobts. However as I had been suspecting,  this BW2 new package hasn´t got old red blood sponge but orangish dye, so definitely old package with tacky topsheet/red blood sponge  is no longer made anymore :´( 

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2013 at 7:58pm
The last original I got was from Eacheng.  They have two listings.  "Haifu Whale II" for 19.99 USD and "Haifu Whale II National Version Factory Tuned" for 22.99 USD.  The "Haifu Whale II" for 19.99 USD was tuned and also the old style sponge.  This was just in Feb. around when I made the last post.  Not sure that's still the case.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
isean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2013 at 7:58am
Somebody used BW III National Version
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2013 at 3:33am
Red one is good, black one is crap.
mertus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mertus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2013 at 5:18am

nathanso, is HaiFu whale II National's tackiness/stickyness is comparable to DHS H3? How about its quality from one sheet to another?
Forehand: Haifu BWII RS
Backhand: Xiom Sigma II Pro
Blade: Butterfly Reygundo FL
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2013 at 1:01am
Haifu always tempts me back again even though in all my experiments, one rubber sheet was nothing like the last.  What I'm seeing in these latest pics is, the package with the metallic orb on it has a thicker, juicier / more chinese topsheet compared to the more euro, slightly fragile topsheet of the red sponge whale II with the tail on the cover?  Any thoughts from folks here? 

frogger, you tried the rubber with the orb on the cover?  Was it 'chinese' (like the old black sponge I guess) or more euro (some sheets of the new packaging)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic