FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Adidas Hypertouch Blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas Hypertouch Blade
    Posted: 04/02/2013 at 9:54am
Adidas Hypertouch Blade

I received the Adidas Hypertouch Blade this week. This is the first blade that Adidas will be introducing this year along with other carbon blades. At first look, the Hypertouch looks very beautiful and of high quality production. They decided to increase the size of the Adidas logo on the blade head and lessen the size of the crystal logo on the handle. 

Weight: 83-84 grams approx.
Handle: Flared
Thickness: 5.8-5.9mm
Test Rubbers: Adidas Tenzone Ultra
Composition: 5wood + 2 carbon (koto-rx carbon-tanne-kiri-tanne-rx carbon-koto)
Speed: OFF
Hardness: Medium Stiff

Feel 

I have used the Timo Boll Spirit and Timo Boll ALC in the past and I have played with both also borrowing from people I know out of curiosity. The Hypertouch doesn’t feel exactly like the 2 blades mentioned but these 2 are the closest blades I can relate to in terms of touchy feel. The TBS and ALC have both good feel and has speed but the Hypertouch is faster by a notch but not much. It felt softer upon impact of the ball when I was driving or looping the ball. I also noted that the Hypertouch blade felt like an all –wood instead of being a composite blade.

The blade is surprisingly light when I first picked it up. It was very balanced and even with the 2 rubbers the blade didn’t really feel head heavy. At about 83 grams, this blade is composed of a koto outer ply followed by their so-called RX Carbon. All I know about this carbon fiber is that it’s a soft carbon mesh composed of carbon and another hi tech material inter-weaved together. At first, I mistook the tanne layer as spruce but then these 2 woods are but pine woods so they have some sort of similarity because both look like they have stripe pattern in their grains. The middle is a thick but light kiri core.

Speed

When I first did drills on this blade, it was lively enough that it has speed but its not as fast as the previous Adidas Fibertech Power blade. If the Fibertech Power blades is in the speed level of a BTY J. Mizutani, the Hypertouch is nearest to the speed of KLH, TBS and TB-ALC. I say this is OFF not OFF+. 

Looping 

The Hypertech blade has some flex to it. Being thin and the same time the stiffness isn’t as much as of that of the TBS or ALC, looping was really good and I think looping is one of its specialties. The ball was very easy to handle and the feedback was very good in my hand. I enjoyed looping the Avenger Carbon when I tested it. The Hypertouch was more enjoyable because it didn’t have the outer walnut plies so it didn’t feel as hard. I was using the Tenzone Ultra and I can say that I know why Jonathan Groth really likes the combination. I asked him what he felt when he used the blade and the Ultra. He explained to me that the Ultra when combined with the Hypertouch blade is a very good attacking blade. Very fast yet controllable that you can hit with it with your very strong shots while maintaining accuracy. The blade also has a medium high arc.

Short Game 

The blade was very controllable when I was doing drop shots and short pushes. I didn’t feel as bouncy when I used the Fibertech Power so I didn’t have a hard time adjusting to doing short strokes inside the table.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 9:58am
RX-Carbon?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 10:01am
i dont have enough info for the rx- carbon. its some sort of carbon composite material like a soft carbon, its a carbon + another material weaved into a sheet
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 10:10am
Got it... looks nice though. I wonder how it will feel - especially with the pine in there. I'll be excited to read your impressions. Smile
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 10:20am
im just curious though if the wood "tanne" and "spruce" are the same wood with different names or they come from the same family of trees. sometimes the tanne layer looks like a spruce wood

Wyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 12:36pm
Great pictures! Have you been told what the pricing is going to be on these blades?
stepheN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepheN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 5:50pm
http://schoeler-micke.tabletennis-shop.de/Hoelzer/adidas-Hypertouch.html
Wyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 6:03pm
Ouch
Skynums View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 6:23pm
Tempting... Yogi, sell me some of your adidas blades! :)
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 6:51pm
This RX carbon looks suspiciously like a carbon-kevlar weave...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 8:38pm
skynums, sorry i would rather give away my blades to some of my students, in fact i only have 3 adidas blades right now including this

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2013 at 9:14pm
Looks like an interesting blade to me.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 10:17am
review added

Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 10:23am
Thanks for the review, Yogi - sounds like a pretty nice blade that should suit a lot of players.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 10:56am
yes pondus and it is not too fast like a rocket that people who loves the alc or tbs would definitely enjoy using this

Skynums View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynums Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 8:00pm
Really nice blade. But with the price tag, i would rather buy a fibertech classic with half the price. Sad to see that adidas is competing also with the price of bty. 

Btw, nice review and pics yogi.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2013 at 9:23pm
the fibertech classic is a nice blade but i would rate it as off- only, the hypertouch has the same nice feeling when hitting the ball but is faster and more stable

thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 2:37am
Nice blade. Made in Germany also?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 3:13am
all Adidas blades are made in China but have good quality control.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 7:32pm
The RX carbon is a high tech material that is a combination of carbon weaved with another material called RX that is similar to the ALC. the difference is the way the rx is woven to the carbon giving it a slight different but softer feeling. The designer said the way the materials were woven for the rx carbon resulted to a slight decrease of energy loss upon impact of the ball enabling the blade to give a little more speed on the ball

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2013 at 7:43am
a video partially explaining the RX carbon 

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2013 at 6:30am

a picture of the RX carbon layer

fsiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2013 at 12:12pm
Great review, nice pictures ! I heard a lot of good comment about this blade but can't find it from the market :-( I really like to try this RX-Carbon and feel the difference
I love table tennis
Wyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2013 at 2:13pm
A link where you can buy it is already posted in this thread, fsiat.
fsiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2013 at 8:12pm
Thanks, I saw it.
I love table tennis
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2013 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

This RX carbon looks suspiciously like a carbon-kevlar weave...

Kevlar material is yellow, not red.  
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 2:47am
thanks for the review...looks like something i should test at one point...
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
fsiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 6:47am
It seems Adidas not just makes one blade with RX carbon, there are three more coming under the name Radix series. They must study this RX cabon seriously and believe it. Very interesting.
I love table tennis
fsiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 4:22am
Is there anyone ever seen the Radix blade in real ? 
I love table tennis
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 4:36am
check out my new thread on Radix blades 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic