FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tuned H3 Neo or Tenergy for USATT 2000

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tuned H3 Neo or Tenergy for USATT 2000
    Posted: 04/06/2013 at 2:44am
Hi,

I play with a Hayabusa Zxi (earlier I was playing with a Yinhe Venus V1) with Xiom Sigma I Pro on FH and Xiom Sigma Euro on BH.
Over the last year I have moved away from a medium rubber on FH (Acuda S2) to a medium-hard rubber (Sigma I Pro). This has allowed me to change the pace of the ball and hit tighter angles and my rating has gone up from around 1600 to ~2000 (there was some practice involved too).

Although I am sure that my current equipment can take me to 2200+ levels without changing I've been playing with the same equipment for more than a year now and want to try a harder FH rubber.

I loop a lot from both wings and hit through the ball when I can (on a week push I would power loop and hit through rather than brush more). From the BH I can open the ball comfortably and my BH flick is stable and reliable. Also, I am very happy with my BH rubber.

I have played earlier with chinese rubbers like Friendship 729, Sanwei T88, Target, etc but have never had the opportunity to try boosted rubbers.

I am getting 2 Tenergy 05 from a friend (as a gift) and was considering whether I should use them or trade them in for H3 Neo(s) 40 Degrees and some Falco Tempo Long Term Booster.
As I said I am developing my game to hit through the ball with an open racket face rather than always brush it especially at near mid and mid distance.

So should I keep the Tenergies of trade them in for H3 Neo and the booster.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 2:55am
with the style you are trying to develop the H3 is a better choice...but jumping from sigma pro to tenergy is easier then if you were to go to a sticky tuned chinese rubber.
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
128YinYang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 128YinYang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 9:15am
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

with the style you are trying to develop the H3 is a better choice...but jumping from sigma pro to tenergy is easier then if you were to go to a sticky tuned chinese rubber.

+1

Selling Everything! No set-up at this time.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 9:20am
I'll tell you now there are 50 2200 lever players using t05 for every one using h3. Not saying h3 can't get you there just as well but its in no way the usual choice
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 9:24am
H3 is basically for EJ and poor people.
Buy Tenergy if you can afford it.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Jerem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 9:35am
Anyway, Tenergies are for lazy people :) And Hurriacne 3 National cost more than any T.
Play with one that works for you. T and H3 are both great rubbers.

Edited by Jerem - 04/06/2013 at 9:49am
alborz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 9:46am
Quote originally posted by emihet
+2
Balde : Donic Epox Control
Forehand : Donic BlueFire M1 (Black / MAX)
Backhand : Donic Vario Big Slam (Red / MAX)

Zhang Jike : Man Of Steel
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

thats why all the CNT members use H3(or skylines) on their forehands because using tenergy not just on the backhand side would be beyond their budget. LOL

ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 11:37am
On a serious note.

Can someone compare them in terms of opening loops for half long and long pushes.

I understand that H3 will provide better touch over the table and in serves, but how is it compared for flipping? Can I hit through the ball like with a hard tensor witout worrying about the tack?

Thanks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 12:39pm
Tenergy is better at all the above, the only one place a dhs rubber is better is at full power when held by a strong player hitting a loop drive. Other than control thats the only advantage to dhs. Luckily thats the nost important stroke. If you have the choice to afford either and learn either. Go for tenergy everytime. Im saying that from the perpective of someone that doesnt use tenergy but its obviousloverall superior. The only time id say dont go near tenergy if you are a lower level player under 1800 or so, if thats the case use mark v

Edited by bluebucket - 04/06/2013 at 12:41pm
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by crackfst crackfst wrote:

Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

thats why all the CNT members use H3(or skylines) on their forehands because using tenergy not just on the backhand side would be beyond their budget. LOL

Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 12:58pm
Saying the CNT use those rubbers is like saying NASCARs are the same as road cars
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Hi,

I play with a Hayabusa Zxi (earlier I was playing with a Yinhe Venus V1) with Xiom Sigma I Pro on FH and Xiom Sigma Euro on BH.
Over the last year I have moved away from a medium rubber on FH (Acuda S2) to a medium-hard rubber (Sigma I Pro). This has allowed me to change the pace of the ball and hit tighter angles and my rating has gone up from around 1600 to ~2000 (there was some practice involved too).

Although I am sure that my current equipment can take me to 2200+ levels without changing I've been playing with the same equipment for more than a year now and want to try a harder FH rubber.

I loop a lot from both wings and hit through the ball when I can (on a week push I would power loop and hit through rather than brush more). From the BH I can open the ball comfortably and my BH flick is stable and reliable. Also, I am very happy with my BH rubber.

I have played earlier with chinese rubbers like Friendship 729, Sanwei T88, Target, etc but have never had the opportunity to try boosted rubbers.

I am getting 2 Tenergy 05 from a friend (as a gift) and was considering whether I should use them or trade them in for H3 Neo(s) 40 Degrees and some Falco Tempo Long Term Booster.
As I said I am developing my game to hit through the ball with an open racket face rather than always brush it especially at near mid and mid distance.

So should I keep the Tenergies of trade them in for H3 Neo and the booster.

Thanks

Sell the Tenergeys for a date or two with the entire squad of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.

My coach recently got her a Hayabusa and uses your Sigma I Euro on BH. She blocks everything as she should, since she was a high ranked defender back in the day. She handed me her coaching bat and I had a hit with it. Man Sigma Euro on that blade was a dream of speed and spin on my kind of hard impact. wierd as i like hard rubbers on FH. I got more spin using that bat than I got out of Evolution EX-P on my M. Maze.

I got a sheet of Sigma I for the Maze and it doesn't play near as sweet as it does on the Hayabusa.

I think you got a great setup if you are the player who can hit hard, have a fast blade at impact, and like to spin the crap outta the ball.

Changing to Tenergy will not give you a 100-200 point boost from your current 2000ish level.

Both of your rubbers are just fine for what you describe. Sigma rewards direct impact using very fast bat speed at impact with a ball that moves out every bit as fast and low as Calibra LT, but with more spin and control.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

I'll tell you now there are 50 2200 lever players using t05 for every one using h3. Not saying h3 can't get you there just as well but its in no way the usual choice

One of our KFTTC aces has been using regular unglued H3 on FH on an average wood OFF blade and does not play a power hit through maniac kind of game, but rather a sidespin, touch, and countering game. He is 2300 level player right now here in Korea.

H3 worked for him, but he can use T05 with the same kind of game sucessfully.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 1:06pm
The one thing I will say about Tenergy is that if you spin the ball all the time, it rewards like no other rubber because you can spin harder and harder and it will still leave you room to spin harder.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

One of our KFTTC aces has been using regular unglued H3 on FH on an average wood OFF blade and does not play a power hit through maniac kind of game, but rather a sidespin, touch, and countering game. He is 2300 level player right now here in Korea.

H3 worked for him, but he can use T05 with the same kind of game sucessfully.

No one said you can't make 2300 with unboosted H3 or even 2500, doesn't mean its overall as good a rubber as t05. If you are starting on grippy rubbers you were better off staying with them. I agree with your post about staying with his current rubber I just don't think its advisable to move to something h3 unless you were practically born with it and thats now your natural game because its definitely an equipment disadvantage no matter which way you look at it. If you are born with it you can develop a style advantage maybe
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 11:23pm
Bluebucket is simply pointing out what most people already know - if you got good with Chinese rubbers and play at a 2000 level, stick with them.  Same for European rubbers.

The one thing I will say is that H3 national plays like an Euro rubber - very soft as I remember it and doesn't have the lengthy durability of the neos etc.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Raden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2013 at 11:29pm
I bought a blade with a boosted Haifu Whale III and it is unbelievable. I put a T05 boosted with Falco (from TT11) on the other side and it's no contest, the Whale blows it away. The guy I bought the blade from said he used Seamoon on the Whale.

I tried the Falco on a DHS Provincial and i thought it was way less lively than the T05 and certainly the whale.

btw, I don't know why the Sigma Euro doesn't get more love here relative to the Bluefires and EVolutions
So little time, so much EJing to do
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic