Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tune XuShaofa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kajba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kajba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tune XuShaofa
    Posted: 04/09/2013 at 4:46pm
Hi!

I got a new XuShaofa 999 rubber and they are pretty hard from start like h3 neo? So my plan was to use baby oil to dome the sponge. Will this be any difference in general for speed and effect?
Primary blade:
Appelgren Allplat V2
FH: DHS H3 NAT
BH: Donic M2

BTY Viscaria
BH: Mark V
Sponsored Links

weestenosis View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weestenosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2013 at 4:59pm
Xu shao fa rubber is pretty good. I think no need to boost it. Use it now and u can feel the goodness from it esp for looping and serve....

Edited by weestenosis - 04/09/2013 at 5:01pm
Butterfly Amultart cpen

My Feedback
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2013 at 6:35pm
most dense hard chinese react very well to boosting. much much better than those porous springy sponges(like tensors)
kajba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kajba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2013 at 1:22am
How would it be best to tune it? Use only baby oil?
Primary blade:
Appelgren Allplat V2

BTY Viscaria
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2013 at 7:53am
if you want to safe money(you can get 1 liter of it for 4 euros) you can get parraffin oil that is used as fuel for garden lamps and such, many say that you can boost very well with it. the main component of boosters is usually parraffin oil or some mineral oils(which are the main component of baby oil).

other than that you can get the tabletennisboosters with good reviews like falco boosters and haifu seamoon
kajba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kajba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 4:36am
I just glued the rubber with no booster and damn.. the sponge is like CRAZY hard!
Primary blade:
Appelgren Allplat V2

BTY Viscaria
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 4:46am
XXF doesn't react to tuning and boosting - it is Ding an sich.
kajba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kajba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 5:38am
Ding an sich?
Primary blade:
Appelgren Allplat V2

BTY Viscaria
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 7:44am
yeah "ding an sich"?

i speak german yet this sentence doesent make any sense, sorry ^^
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 2:17pm
It is not open to external influence, i.e., Ding an sich, Thing in itself. I tried to soften it with every possible means to no avail.
kajba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kajba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

It is not open to external influence, i.e., Ding an sich, Thing in itself. I tried to soften it with every possible means to no avail.

May I ask what you did and so? I mean the testresults
Primary blade:
Appelgren Allplat V2

BTY Viscaria
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 3:01am
Treated the sponge alternatively with STiga Booster, BTY Millennium Chack, Dianchi, Lamp Oil, Liquid P, Baby Oil, speed glue - no results at all. Tried the other way around - from the topsheet with tons of baby oil, also no effect. This rubber is like Che Guevara...
kajba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kajba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2013 at 5:24pm
Whats the difference between the normal 999 xushaofa and the german sponge xushaofa?
Primary blade:
Appelgren Allplat V2

BTY Viscaria
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 3:55am
The German sponge XuShaoFA comes in two types: a hard and a softer. I have the latter, I had hoped  it would come with a porous sponge but not. It is a cheap white German sponge and is springier than the traditional purple Chinese sponge. I have not had much time to test it yet but it is much better than the Chinese in every area. The hardness is around S2.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2013 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

there is a online store run by XSF nephew and they have several versions  of that rubber one of them is soft  foxhara.cl
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2013 at 7:43am
After testing it (soft version), my conclusion is that it is better but still has the cheap Chinese unpredictability. Spin on loops is ok and it can be fast. I would recommend this over the Chinese sponge version.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic